Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Unless you have a bathroom of palatial proportions or lots of small mosaics a retiling job should be done in a week max.

You would think! Just a standard size bathroom. In fairness the place was completely gutted and needed re-plumbing but the plumber had that all done on the first day. I don’t even mind the longevity of the job it’s just the fact there’s more absent days than present at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People on twitter discussing the GOT finale and not using any hashtags so i can't mute them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Getting our bathroom re-tiled and adjustments made. So far a job that was supposed to take 10 days is now entering its fourth week. These things happen and that is grand but so far this fella has spent more time in his van downing bottles of coke and leaving for “half an hour” and not returning for days than doing any work. It’s all tiled now so to my eyes the lot has the potential to be finished by Friday but of course, he didn’t turn up again today. Nice man and all but I’m beyond impatient now, he’s also a friend of a friend of a friend so I can’t exactly tell him to stick it either. I’ve been scabbing showers off friends and family for the last month and I’m just dying to have a shower in my own home again. He’s partial to an out of tune duet with the blaring radio too.

Unless he is giving you a very special mates rate this is no reason to put up with his ****. If he is disappearing it is because he has another job on and he has prioritised it over yours precisely because he thinks you wont complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Long posts. I don't have the patience anymore.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TLDR

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lazy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

honeybear wrote: »
    Shop Assistant forgetting to take the security tag off an expensive dress I had bought. Cue alarm going off as I leave. Cue slight red face

That happened to me when I was buying condoms in Boots a few months ago. It was a brand that have a security tag thing in it that needs to be taken out. The shop assistant forgot and I set off the alarm walking out. Had to retreat back to the counter red faced. That’s what I got for being a responsible woman!

TA got my car washed and within 5 minutes a bird shat all over it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Another pet peeve of mine. When you ask someone a specific question, and not only do they NOT answer, but they tell you something entirely different to what you needed to know.

For instance:
    "Is there a reception in the building? E. asked me to find out."
    "What you do is, you go over to the right near the car park where the thingy* is, you go in, and just before that place*, what's it called*, you turn right and you go as far as the other yoke*, and you know the room on the side? That's where you are."
    "Is that where the reception is? That's odd!"
    "What reception? God no. Sure how would I know?"
    "Uh, I dunno, 'cause you've been there a million times, the last time was two days ago."

*actual words used.

Or when they shout directions at you in the car "TURN THERE!" "Where?" (I'm at a crossroad/junction/roundabout). "THERE, NEXT TO THAT BUILDING!"
    Ah, it's so clear now, why didn't you say that before? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

KSU wrote: »
    “800 years of oppression.”

a) we weren’t conquered till in around the 1500s
    b) prob need to look up pict and celt invaders for thousands of years
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    And it was the Normans not the English. Normans from Normandy ie France.
    prinzeugen wrote: »
    I am annoyed that people are fighting over stuff that happened hundreds of years ago, but dont give a crap about today!
    People so pissed off about Black and Tans you would swear they fought them themselves.

TA people who still use archaic terms like; Free Stater, West Brit, etc. esp when they weren't even a twinkle in their Daddy's eye when the Troubles were in full swing.

"It happened in the past so it's not important/relevant to our problems today."

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,302 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who take their work home with them.(To much)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

New Home wrote: »
    Another pet peeve of mine. When you ask someone a specific question, and not only do they NOT answer, but they tell you something entirely different to what you needed to know.
    How much for a plate of mushrooms.
    You want a portion of mushrooms.
    What price are they.
    Do you want mushrooms or not.

Does it not depend on the work?

I'm TA that I swore I was going to do nothing for the next few days I'm off, but I was up early scrubbing the house and doing things in the garden and now I've pulled a muscle in my left arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

When your driving license and passport need renewing at the same time! €130 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Whiny, attention seeking posts by whiny people....post that rubbish on facebook instead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA got my car washed and within 5 minutes a bird shat all over it.

Well, one way to look at it is this: the bird shïting on the car is a sign of good luck, apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Surely you meant 'if you have a child please raise it as an independent reasonable being' rather than just the boys?

TA how sexism is perfectly acceptable when aimed at men.

In this case I was talking about my dad who was raised in the worst possible way to become the way it is. Absolutely not aimed at men or boys in general. Am I not allowed to post my annoyance here?

TA: I have to say it again, no 8y/o needs a scrambler. That stupid thing is loud, the whole estate smells like petrol and it goes really crazy fast for something that's aimed at kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not sure if this is a ta/th, but a health care professional told me that I'm not fat fat during a conversation after work today.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

TA'd that i sent a boardsie free tickets worth €60, for a show I couldn't attend, and no word from them as to whether they received the tickets on time or went to the show....nothing.
    TA'd at bad manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Reading back over my posts from yesterday to remind myself where I left off, reminding me if have Icebergers in the freezer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

TA'd that my FIL is such a thick honk sometimes.
    He is the most boring eater, not adventurous with food, basically the grumpy retired chicken casserole and spuds kinda guy.
    It's my MILs birthday later this week and she gave out to him in the past that he never takes her out for a nice dinner. And I can confirm he never does. So he decides to take her out - to the only place he really knows, a Gastropub style place. Not bad but whenever they go out (once every century) he always presses for that place.

So I said to the husband of he can talk to him and suggest a few places (they live in D9 ffs) to take her because I feel so sorry for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,302 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ads featuring Darragh from Bonkers.ie telling me how I can save on my energy bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Listening to the lead item on the 7 am news headlines about yet another survey "revealing" that 1 in 5 Irish drink too much and some percentage binge drink (2 and a half pints or more ) on a regular basis. Its like a weekly survey at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Listening to the lead item on the 7 am news headlines about yet another survey "revealing" that 1 in 5 Irish drink too much and some percentage binge drink (2 and a half pints or more ) on a regular basis. Its like a weekly survey at this stage.

TA that 2.5 pints is a binge! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA that 2.5 pints is a binge! :pac:

Thats an appetiser:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Reading back over my posts from yesterday to remind myself where I left off, reminding me if have Icebergers in the freezer
    Can I have an Iceberger please?

My TA, people who mention they have ice cream but don't offer me any :(
    Why do they tease me so??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Peple waiting to cross at the lights but dont press the button.Its not fecking psychic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Poured out a bowl of cereal, then went to get the milk, which seems to have gone off even though the date on it isn’t until the 25th

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA'd with myself for not smashing the wing mirror of the BMW this morning, the pr*ck driving obviously doesn't use it so I'd be doing him a favour removing an object that is weighing down his precious car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

BMW Haters :D:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    TA'd with myself for not smashing the wing mirror of the BMW this morning, the pr*ck driving obviously doesn't use it so I'd be doing him a favour removing an object that is weighing down his precious car.

But Beemer Boomer, how would they admire themselves, then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement