Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Eejit of a neighbour bought his kid that did communion a scrambler. It's riding it for an hour our there now. Please make it stop.
    I hate this bloody backwards middle of arsewards nowhere sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

LirW wrote: »
    Eejit of a neighbour bought his kid that did communion a scrambler. It's riding it for an hour our there now. Please make it stop.
    I hate this bloody backwards middle of arsewards nowhere sometimes.

Ring the guards, it's illegal I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

looking at obese peoples choice of groceries at the checkout, and wondering what it costs you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Madonna getting slagged for Eurovision.Leave her alone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The cat's driving me mad with her new, nails on the blackboard meow. I'm badly noise sensitive today . Everything's amplified . Good old pms. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Half 8 in the evening and there still hasn’t been a roster sent out for work. Hello people, I’d like to know if I’m working tomorrow or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Just saw the ad for Quorn Vegan "chicken free slices". Dont tell me what they're not, tell me what they are". It may as well say "banana free slices"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭gifted

heldel00 wrote: »
    Communion mass last Saturday. I tried to sit at the end of a seat and was told "Sorry, we're keeping the seat."

I'M THE FECKIN' COMMUNION CLASS TEACHER!

Yay...about that....sorry lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Just saw the ad for Quorn Vegan "chicken free slices". Dont tell me what they're not, tell me what they are". It may as well say "banana free slices"

I think they don’t really want to advertise it as slices of “fermented fungus”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A few threads here that I shouldn't dip into, but I do, constantly.
    I know it will have a negative impact on my mood, does that stop me!

TA ME!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bredabe wrote:
    A few threads here that I shouldn't dip into, but I do, constantly. I know it will have a negative impact on my mood, does that stop me!

Some of the car crash threads can be amusing, but mostly head bashing against the wall.

TA that Sunday Blues have hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bought the princess potion primer in tkmaxx the other day.

Love the bottle, love the colour, love the little glittery bits, love the smell, tried it on my hand, no reaction.... So wore it today, skin is red sore and blotchy after a day. Raging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

that friend who rings you, cant get an answer, so then tries ringing you on whattsapp.
    If i'm not answering the normal call, there is a reason for it, and I'm most likely not going to answer the whattsapp call either.
    EIGHT missed call too:rolleyes:

like seriously, two missed calls is enough. 3 if its an emergency. 8 is taking the pi$$

To the ar5ehole that thought aptitude tests are a good, revolutionary idea: go f yourself with a cactus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Forgot to buy my own shower gel, so used the bf’s the other night. Came out in a rash, which is quite itchy and annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Shop Assistant forgetting to take the security tag off an expensive dress I had bought. Cue alarm going off as I leave. Cue slight red face

Only in the door at work a few minutes, and already fed up with the GOT chatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

OH's alarm went off at 5.15 this morning. He is on the 2pm shift this week. He rolled over and went back to sleep while I lay mostly awake till it was time to get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Nicky88 wrote: »
    When they don't/refuse to swallow

I too find it a TA trying to administer pills to cats.

Note to all parents: if you have a boy please raise it as an independent, reasonable being and someone who is not losing it over minor things.
    I'm the daughter of a guy who is neither of these things and I'm telling you his inability to function like a normal person is bloody embarrassing.

It's on him to book my son's flights over to visit him (the person paying books, that's the rule for years now). He's unable to call the Lufthansa service centre without going into a blackout rage because the connection was lost halfway through, then bombards me with calls and texts begging me to do it.
    No, you're a grown man in your mid 50s, get your big boy pants on and do your own damn business.
    If that man dies from a heart attack in the next 5 years I wouldn't be remotely surprised the way he's constantly on edge over small things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Note to all parents: if you have a boy please raise it as an independent, reasonable being and someone who is not losing it over minor things.
    I'm the daughter of a guy who is neither of these things and I'm telling you his inability to function like a normal person is bloody embarrassing.

It's on him to book my son's flights over to visit him (the person paying books, that's the rule for years now). He's unable to call the Lufthansa service centre without going into a blackout rage because the connection was lost halfway through, then bombards me with calls and texts begging me to do it.
    No, you're a grown man in your mid 50s, get your big boy pants on and do your own damn business.
    If that man dies from a heart attack in the next 5 years I wouldn't be remotely surprised the way he's constantly on edge over small things.

I know that one very well...his glass isn't just half empty, the water is wrong, and whoever made the glass was an idiot, and the world is out to drive him over the edge...no mate it's just your attitude ...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And God forbid should they take responsibility for their own actions and face the consequences if something goes wrong! Nah, they sound like that Shaggy's song "It wasn't me". :mad:

Or maybe even consult you before making a decision that affects you way more than it affects them! You can forget it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Surely you meant 'if you have a child please raise it as an independent reasonable being' rather than just the boys?

TA how sexism is perfectly acceptable when aimed at men.

To the ar5ehole that thought aptitude tests are a good, revolutionary idea: go f yourself with a cactus.
    AND then ppl who havnt anything to do with them, say its not worth the paper its written on.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

New Home wrote: »
    Nah, they sound like that Shaggy's song "It wasn't me". :mad:

I have that song stuck in my head now :mad:

RMAOK wrote:
    I have that song stuck in my head now

I've had 'the night they drove old Dixie down' in mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I really don't get how people can see a crowded marketplace and shout : "Me too!"

There's a new pizza place in Nexttownover. The town already has five pizza places, and four of the other six takeaways in the town also do pizza. It's not like he's offering something new - every possible type of pizza you could want is already catered for, and this asshat jumps in to try to steal business from everybody else. Could you imagine owning a pizza place in that town, paying for your franchise, your rent, your supplies, overhead, staff, etc., and another mother****er jumps into the already crowded market?

Despite that I was thinking of checking it out - despite their already being wood fired, Italian style pizza already available in the town, theirs might be nice. Their menu seems basic as **** though. It's like if you looked up the absolute minimum you would have to do to offer pizza, that would be it. Also the location is ****. It's on a narrow, busy road with very limited parking, so could be a hazard if it was busy.

If you really wanted to open a pizza place, the next town after that has only one takeaway, and residents always bitch that it isn't great. There's another village near that that also has only one poor takeaway, and another, smaller village even closer that has none! Add a car park and some seating and I'd say you'd do a roaring trade.

I really don't get it. Even if the business owners themselves think it's a good idea to jump into the crowded marketplace, who's giving them the money? Do the banks/investors think it makes sense? Does nobody see better opportunities elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Getting our bathroom re-tiled and adjustments made. So far a job that was supposed to take 10 days is now entering its fourth week. These things happen and that is grand but so far this fella has spent more time in his van downing bottles of coke and leaving for “half an hour” and not returning for days than doing any work. It’s all tiled now so to my eyes the lot has the potential to be finished by Friday but of course, he didn’t turn up again today. Nice man and all but I’m beyond impatient now, he’s also a friend of a friend of a friend so I can’t exactly tell him to stick it either. I’ve been scabbing showers off friends and family for the last month and I’m just dying to have a shower in my own home again. He’s partial to an out of tune duet with the blaring radio too.

Admittedly not in the best mood this am, later on I have to go to the psyio I cant stand and that has an impact on how my body responds to him, waiting with a client in the hospital yes I was browsing new sonic toothbrushes, when I get home I find that my current one that was working fine yesterday isn't charging.

Everyone I need to talk to insists that I call them(ffs who doesn't use email now) even tho I will waste all of their time coughing down the phone cause hay fever. Trying to stay calm as I have to have my heart rate taken at the end of the week and I have so many stressful things to do and they are piling up cause I'm avoiding them.

Ppl on my go to cheer up on-line site are narky at each other and I just spent twenty minutes being mansplained how to divide two resources between two places like I dont have a brain. and finally, my wonderful newish phone is a Huawei!

FML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Getting our bathroom re-tiled and adjustments made. So far a job that was supposed to take 10 days is now entering its fourth week. These things happen and that is grand but so far this fella has spent more time in his van downing bottles of coke and leaving for “half an hour” and not returning for days than doing any work. It’s all tiled now so to my eyes the lot has the potential to be finished by Friday but of course, he didn’t turn up again today. Nice man and all but I’m beyond impatient now, he’s also a friend of a friend of a friend so I can’t exactly tell him to stick it either. I’ve been scabbing showers off friends and family for the last month and I’m just dying to have a shower in my own home again. He’s partial to an out of tune duet with the blaring radio too.

Unless you have a bathroom of palatial proportions or lots of small mosaics a retiling job should be done in a week max.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement