Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

“800 years of oppression.”

a) we weren’t conquered till in around the 1500s
    b) prob need to look up pict and celt invaders for thousands of years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Re-reg's

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Re-reg's

:D:D

They keep some of us in a job!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They keep some of us in a job!

Wait a sec... You're getting paid for this gig?!?

New Home wrote: »
    Wait a sec... You're getting paid for this gig?!?

After Hours mods get endless supplies of coke and hookers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah right, benefits in kind. Still waiting for my cakes and books.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    Ah right, benefits in kind. Still waiting for my cakes and books.

I read that as 'cake and boobs'.

Was TA'd that I was not in the mod circle at that misread.

They're all empty promises, Ted. They lure you in with promises, and then...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

KSU wrote: »
    “800 years of oppression.”

a) we weren’t conquered till in around the 1500s
    b) prob need to look up pict and celt invaders for thousands of years

And it was the Normans not the English. Normans from Normandy ie France.

Windows needs to update!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    And it was the Normans not the English. Normans from Normandy ie France.

I am annoyed that people are fighting over stuff that happened hundreds of years ago, but dont give a crap about today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Unexpectedly ran out of loo paper..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I am annoyed that people are fighting over stuff that happened hundreds of years ago, but dont give a crap about today!

People so pissed off about Black and Tans you would swear they fought them themselves.

TA people who still use archaic terms like; Free Stater, West Brit, etc. esp when they weren't even a twinkle in their Daddy's eye when the Troubles were in full swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

No. I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande. Those wounds run...pretty deep. :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who still write messages in text speak despite the fact that it’s 2019 and there’s no need. Yes a decade ago it made sense when we had phones with character limits and so it was needed. But today it is not and it’s just annoying so please stop or I will smack your bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

People who still write messages in text speak despite the fact that it’s 2019 and there’s no need. Yes a decade ago it made sense when we had phones with character limits and so it was needed. But today it is not and it’s just annoying so please stop or I will smack your bottom!

K thks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Nicky88

When they don't/refuse to swallow

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I bought some jelly babies for my 'sugar free day off' tomorrow but left them on my desk. Now they will be a constant temptation for the whole of next week.

Are they like Haribo sugar free gummi bears ?
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/michaelrusch/haribo-gummy-bear-reviews-on-amazon-are-the-most-insane-thin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mice in the attic can be noisy.

From the Goon Show Shifting Sands Series 7, Episode 17 First Broadcast 24th January 1957

(Sounds of further further further further further drinking.)

Bloodnok:
    Well now Colonel, I suppose you're wondering why you sent for me.

Chinstrap:
    Yes, I... just a minute, just a minute my boy. (Off) QUIET OUT THERE! (Normal) Blasted goldfish!!

Bloodnok:
    They should wear slippers, you know.

RTÉ changing the news time again. Leave it at 9pm, or 8pm or 8.30pm, or 8:45 or whatever every night. Consistency. It would be nice to know it's there at the same time each night and not at the scheduling whims of reality show rubbish, commercial sport, the Marty Whelan gambling show or whatever. Kick them off to RTÉ 2, or kick the news off there but whatever you decide leave the main evening news in the same place at the same time each night.

Well, I suppose you just got another victim tonight for your viewing statistics for another programme - in tonight's case, the Eurovision - that you otherwise wouldn't have.

• Advertisement

SkyQ, I recorded Graham Norton and it missed the last few minutes just as the second person was on the red chair, the best f*ING part of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

People who won't do anything for themselves or willing to learn. Very frustrating.

We have multiple android tv boxes in the house that I share with wife and sister but you think of years of using these for iptv or steaming apps and still needing help to cast a video to a TV or how to watch something on Netflix they would have figured it out.

Constantly calling me to turn on something or how to do X....

Asking how to do X or Y

You think they ever ever learnt from the 1000th time I've shown them or got them to learn themselves.

Mind you they are 26 and 22 Years old.

Spend all day scrolling instagram but won't learn other basic technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

ta'ed at myself for glancing at the ex's fb page.... when i know it's only gonna hurt.

People who love everybody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People who love everybody!

Deep down they're probably filled with hatred. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Deep down they're probably filled with hatred. :D

That's an awful thing to say about Perse!!

Erik Shun wrote:
    That's an awful thing to say about Perse!!

:D

The cat managed to get her collar with the bell off yet again! It's a waste of time buying them. The poor mice and birds etc are in for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭gifted

Had the middle chicks communion yesterday....trying to keep seats for my bloody family who only breezed in with 2 minutes before it started, getting awful looks off the other people.....next communion mass the family can bugger off with any oul seat ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

gifted wrote: »
    Had the middle chicks communion yesterday....trying to keep seats for my bloody family who only breezed in with 2 minutes before it started, getting awful looks off the other people.....next communion mass the family can bugger off with any oul seat ....

Communion mass last Saturday. I tried to sit at the end of a seat and was told "Sorry, we're keeping the seat."

I'M THE FECKIN' COMMUNION CLASS TEACHER!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement