Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

We had a weird neighbour that would hoover his driveway on a Saturday morning.

So we would be there in bed hanging from night of beering to be woken by these torturous scrapping noises as he pushed the metal head of the vac up and down his driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

People on the phone in my office saying "Just ringing you to touch base" .

Jesus wept you don't play baseball, so stop using that expression

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My neighbour spies on me through the hedge. She doesn't usually shy away when seen. I'm pretty sure there cannot be any weeds left by that gap in the hedge. She does this weird thing with her false teeth..pushes them in and out or something . I don't know if she's telepathically communicating disapproval or what . She looks out from her upstairs windows when I have visitors , even if it's a delivery . I thought she was going to fall out when I went into an ambulance . She manages to look gormless and spiteful at the same time . Someday I'm really going to have to give her something to goggle at.

She's been gagging for a reason to complain since I moved here.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

TA that my handwriting isn’t prettier. I have a lovely idea for a handmade housewarming gift for my friends but it requires nice lettering, which I’m just not good at. Ended up getting some cheap stencils on Wish but it’ll probably take a month for them to be delivered.

TA that my handwriting isn’t prettier. I have a lovely idea for a handmade housewarming gift for my friends but it requires nice lettering, which I’m just not good at. Ended up getting some cheap stencils on Wish but it’ll probably take a month for them to be delivered.

Basic calligraphy pen from amazon does help but I still need practice , it's a ta of mine too. My father has beautiful copperplate handwriting , my signature looks like it was signed while skydiving . I read a graphology book once and according to it I am either very driven or have latent serial killer tendencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Basic calligraphy pen from amazon does help but I still need practice , it's a ta of mine too. My father has beautiful copperplate handwriting , my signature looks like it was signed while skydiving . I read a graphology book once and according to it I am either very driven or have latent serial killer tendencies.

I bet its the latter:rolleyes::D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nah. I bet Widdershins is a very driven serial killer. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Or you could change your career path and become a doctor.

dubstarr wrote: »
    I bet its the latter:rolleyes::D:D

Thanks!

Too much commitment . I'd lose interest after the first one so maybe a once off killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I had a post written out. I picked a piece of fluff off of my phone screen and accidentally tapped "clear text". Now I can't remember what I was originally giving out about!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I turned off my obnoxious new phone, for a charge and a few minutes later it rings my hairstylist (on it's own) ....freeeeeaky - is my smart alec phone trying to tell me something?! :eek: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nah, it was probably the FBI. :/ :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

tenor.gif?itemid=3561126

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

People too loud and animated on the Luas first thing in the morning. Jesus I haven't fully woken up. Calm down please and stop shouting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

School kids on the Dart, at peak times, sprawled all over the place like they're at a sleepover. Get up off yer holes and move your bags out of the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you move aside to let someone squeeze by on a busy train and they take up residence in the spot you just vacated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pins & needles in my hand.

Also, the cheeky bint visiting the company next door to ours that I just caught parking in one of our visitor spaces. She wasn't a bit impressed when I pointed out that they're nothing to do with us whatsoever and she'd have to move her car. Get ourra that garden!

That point where your hair goes from ''nicely slightly wild curls'' to ''heavy, annoying , probably dust or something in there, or is there an animal on my head'' and you have to start the epic hairwashing procedure , let it dry in the sun and wait a day for the curl pattern to just go the way you want it to (feck off ringlets ). Which lasts a few days when it's not too hot out, if you're lucky, and really careful to stay clean .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The hunger. The hunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

TA that my handwriting isn’t prettier.

Forget prettier, I wish my handwriting was legible!

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I turned off my obnoxious new phone, for a charge and a few minutes later it rings my hairstylist (on it's own) ....freeeeeaky - is my smart alec phone trying to tell me something?! :eek: :mad:

is it a huawei? maybe the donald was right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Reading a fb thread from an area I work in regularly, the endless bickering over bins/taking rubbish away(which obv doesn't happen), going on for two days now and getting hostile.

TA, ppl fighting to keep the status quo when that is whats causing the problem in the first place.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My key for bf’s place is one of those key card things that you get in hotels. Apparently you shouldn’t keep it win your phone because it can demagnetise. This is a TA because the back of my phone case would be the perfect place to keep it. First world problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My trousers are too tight.

My nails are too long and it makes the nail bed really sore. I've never heard of anyone else ever having this problem before but it happens all the time. :confused:

Having to wait for my husband to finish work before we can go out. Couldn't give less of a **** for work this afternoon. And it's dragging out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I just used 2020 as a date for the first time.

I remember when I was young imagining the future and looking forward to the end of the millennium.

as I march inevitably closer to death

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I just used 2020 as a date for the first time.

I remember when I was young imagining the future and looking forward to the end of the millennium.

as I march inevitably closer to death

Have a good weekend everyone.

‘Six Feet Under’ spoiler alert!
    Dayum, Ruth is only six years from dying now. That seemed like aaaages away when I watched the finale in ‘05. And Keith will die in a decade. Sob. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm TA remembering when I used to look ahead to 2000 and think I'd be ancient. I was 27 that year. I have a Communion to go to that coincidentally is the same date I made mine. 39 years ago. I feel old now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People shamelessly (sh)/(f)arting on the Luas.
    One guy on Wednesday lifting his leg and grimacing as he pinched one out.

I bought some jelly babies for my 'sugar free day off' tomorrow but left them on my desk. Now they will be a constant temptation for the whole of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

M&S Breaded Camenbert bursting in the oven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

That Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber song is ****e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement