Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Drogheda seems to have turned into a war zone then....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Presumeably you've passed on your in-depth knowledge of this organised crime gang hierarchy to Gardaí yea?

They know. Everyone knows. It's common knowledge who's who in the area. I've a good few friends in drogs and two in laytown who are guards, they don't need to be told anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Primetime tonight at 9.30 will be discussing the feud in Drogheda.

Primetime tonight at 9.30 will be discussing the feud in Drogheda.

Be interesting to hear the media slant.

Some videos going around of Crosby ringing Owen Maguire taunting him, asking him to go.for a walk, and if he wants him to bring him some nappies. Headcases.

You'd think those videos would be incriminating enough to throw them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

I remember going on holidays to mosney hung around with a few drog guy's.
    Hard bastards they were myself and a few Cork and limerick lads felt well out of our league.

Nice lads though as long as you stay out of agro and didnt chat up their women lol

Went back up there to Drogheda clubbing a few months later, talk about scraps outside nightclub s well fck me it wasn't a patch on friar tucks in Limerick or Burgerland in Cork

Although Wings chipper in Shannon town was nearly as bad...

• Advertisement

Tacklebox wrote: »
    I remember going on holidays to mosney hung around with a few drog guy's.
    Hard bastards they were myself and a few Cork and limerick lads felt well out of our league.

Nice lads though as long as you stay out of agro and didnt chat up their women lol

Went back up there to Drogheda clubbing a few months later, talk about scraps outside nightclub s well fck me it wasn't a patch on friar tucks in Limerick or Burgerland in Cork

Although Wings chipper in Shannon town was nearly as bad...

Drogheda is a normal quiet town, has one estate in particular thats always been rough (but not a slap), and the others like finians and rathmullen had a reputation but again nothing to worry about other than a few really bad families which you get everywhere. Fights are few and far between especially on the town at night, maybe I'm oblivious because I'm past the young bucks with new horns stage, but think it was more common 25/30 years ago with inter-parish fighting, generally started on the football pitch.

Dominos chipper, then Abrakebabra was pretty dodgy for a few years but its closed now. No ring, no fight. WTF is it with chippers :D

This new 'feud' is literally between one traveller family and their runners, and one guy (backed by a well known cartel) and his runners. Cornelius Price being released this week (traveller side) so it could all escalate very quickly. Hopefully they'll wipe each other out or get caught for something soon.

You'd think those videos would be incriminating enough to throw them away.

Not really much incriminating stuff in it, just the two of them very calmly calling each other names and throwing insults ("the smell of campfire off ya").

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Hoboo wrote: »
    Cornelius Price being released this week (traveller side) so it could all escalate very quickly. Hopefully they'll wipe each other out or get caught for something soon.

About 10-12 caravans have moved into the field beside Highlands at the top of the Rathmullen Rd over the last couple of days. I wonder is that the welcoming committee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Scotty # wrote: »
    About 10-12 caravans have moved into the field beside Highlands at the top of the Rathmullen Rd over the last couple of days. I wonder is that the welcoming committee?

I was thinking the same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Are the travellers drug dealers now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Homer

NIMAN wrote: »
    Are the travellers drug dealers now?

I don’t think they are fussy about which branches of criminality they get involved in to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

(other than the Bermuda Triangle in Grange Rath but they seem to leave those lads alone/don't know who they are)

The what now?

I've no idea. Think he has a house near Gormanstown, according to recent reports. Bit coincidental though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭uli84

Ugh great, just what we needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Hard to believe a town with so few travellers could be destroyed by them .
    Then again south Louth ie Drogheda is a big Fine Gael area and Fine Gael headquarters in Dublin love travellers

Fair play Simon you hit the nail on the head, it's the FG love of all things Traveller thats the problem here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Fair play Simon you hit the nail on the head, it's the FG love of all things Traveller thats the problem here :rolleyes:
    Its the lack of decent sentences in court, something which noone seems to want to tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Any word on which side of the dispute the 3 arrested lads are from.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0510/1048710-drogheda-feud-arrests/

septictank wrote: »
    Any word on which side of the dispute the 3 arrested lads are from.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0510/1048710-drogheda-feud-arrests/

The faa side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

Was driving into Drogheda on Ballymakenny road just past listoke ..... Gardai van, squad car and unmarked car just outside a field. About 5 people in a circle just inside the field.

• Advertisement

JB and PC arrested, just saw video, not sure why, where or even when but been told was today. Be home for dinner no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

JB and PC arrested, just saw video, not sure why, where or even when but been told was today. Be home for dinner no doubt.

Where they not 2 of the 3 arrested yesterday and in court this evening? That's what I heard this afternoon anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭SouthDublin6w

markc1184 wrote: »
    Where they not 2 of the 3 arrested yesterday and in court this evening? That's what I heard this afternoon anyway.

Yes both are in court tonight charged with arson. Crosby only out a wet day after crying his way through his attempted murder trial. An absolute scumbag while in cloverhill.

3 have appeared in court, 2 bailed, C up to the big boys house. See ya next week P

VW Polo burned out.

VW Polo or Golf (hard to tell the difference) used in the attempted shooting of BK at Mcdonnells shop.

Wonder if it was the same one.

VW Polo burned out.

VW Polo or Golf (hard to tell the difference) used in the attempted shooting of Ben Kavanagh at Mcdonnells shop.

Wonder if it was the same one.

Golf used, is K not fighting with the M?

Golf used, is K not fighting with the M ?

No he's with the M

Although when I say with, it's more he has access to trucks. Can't say much more on here.

No he's with the maguires

Although when I say with, it's more he has access to trucks. Can't say much more on here.

Ah right just what I was hearing mostly mainly bull****. All a bunch of scum, jail is too good.

Half thinking if it was done on purpose. Why would C bother his arse burning out a car, plenty of young lads to do that. With CP out n about, is he hoping for a safe house in the system? But then again, I'm sure there's plenty of lads waiting in there for him. His sugar daddy in dubai won't give two fooks about him in there when he's not making them money.

• Advertisement

Half thinking if it was done on purpose. Why would C bother his arse burning out a car, plenty of young lads to do that. With CP out n about, is he hoping for a safe house in the system? But then again, I'm sure there's plenty of lads waiting in there for him. His sugar daddy in dubai won't give two fooks about him in there when he's not making them money.

PC is nothing to anyone in Dubai, himself and his friend Carlito brigante took a bad hiding in jail by them lads. They ran off the landings over it and then they got involved when they got out after beating the attempted murder. C is asking for work off R.C so in turn K.B is giving him the work as RC is in Dublin KB is closer and KB and RC work together.

As of this morning PC is on D1 Cloverhill block, as it is now for his own protection.

Advertisement