Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Also sucks that kittwn wasnt wolf but I stand by my notes. If that screws me so be it.

Ecto,

Answer me this.
    Why would wolves eat into the kitten wagon if it was not pure?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pter wrote: »
    I'm not a wolf but that's an excellent train of thought about dandys behaviour. A couple of scenarios where he might still be a wolf but that's for the later game. For now I'm happy to move off him with a view to seeing how he gets on.

#ffa2 is

Skeith for r3asons mentioned before
    Fixxxer for same reasons as yesterday
    BH for his flip on me since yesterday on, imo, flimsy logic

Gnr still in there. Especially if dandy is more clear. His whole thing yesterday was if dandy was a wolf he wouldn't be. So the reverse must also be true.

Hah, like I said yesterday you've quiet the way with dropping something in and leaving it there to ferment. Thats blatantly not true, I even got pulled up by Trit yesterday for stating that. Whether Dandy is a wolf or not has little or no impact on me being wolf

But you know that Petr, dont you?

I still believe that there is a one or more wolves in the first half of posters so here’s my revised suspect list

1) Kolido
    2) Quickbeam
    3) Fixxxer
    4) Loughc
    5) Green&Red
    6) DublinAndy
    7) Strawberry
    8) KittenK
    9) Tritium
    10) Triceratops
    11) Barney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

#FFA2

1. SKeith - Same reasons from before and new information gained from the lynch.
    2. Green&Red - Same again and claiming they thought Kitten was good late last night. Could be that he knew she was going because of one of the other two voting for her and wanted to use that to clear himself of people suspicions yesterday.
    3. TBD. Was leaning Clara but not sure if that’s just my pride talking over her comment so don’t think it’s a fair reason or my spidey senses are tingling from reading something else so will have to read back on my lunch and decide then.

Taking Tusk out, last few posts read like a villager and seems genuine. Will accept him suspecting me for now as I’ve nothing to hide and hopefully he’ll come around. Can’t say anything other than I have already so will leave that for now until questioned further.

Off to make some money. Will catch up later, actually enjoy when I have a chunk to go over and reading the carnage I’ve missed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I put a vote on you about 5 mins ago.

Seeing as Andy had as many votes on him as kitten, I don’t think Andy is a wolf. I made my last vote on Kolido with 20 mins to go. Only one person needed to jump off kitten leaving Andy as lynch target. If he was a wolf surely there would have been more players on a CFD to ensure his safety?

For the above reason I think it’s safe to say Andy is most probably village. Does that make sense?

It doesn't make sense if it ends up in you putting a vote on me. Why exactly. Explanations please.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    If you realise it's tunnelling then why do it? sKieth surviving another munch has me more convinced again that he's a wolf. GnR, I'll look at again today and see how I feel.

Who are you talking to in first sentence of this post?

sKeith wrote: »
    Ecto,

Answer me this.
    Why would wolves eat into the kitten wagon if it was not pure?

To throw a spanner in the wagonomics machine?

It doesn't make sense if it ends up in you putting a vote on me. Why exactly. Explanations please.

My offer of being a sacrificial lamb for the noobs has expired. You’re on my suspect list and I also think Keith is good so I owe it to him to follow his gut. His vote right now is on digit but it’s over 30 hours till the lynch. Based on my track record so far I could change my mind and vote numerous times.

Who are you talking to in first sentence of this post?

Barney92 and his list. And here, if you're going to have me as vote wolf at least update my notes at to why. "having trouble giffing" is an awful reason for voting someone wolf. Almost as bad as your LoughC lean.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Trits ISO, not a good look for me

Talks about SKeith and Petr bickering
    tritium wrote: »
    Catches up on thread...

... sees spat... one wolf? Two wolves? Zero wolves? Hard to say right away...

... few other posts floating that might look wolfy in the right light...revisit later when we have more to go on......

......hears bank holiday weekend calling....

Comments on my view of SKeith
    Interesting to see this read so early in game

Villager doing good sleuthing?

Villager fooled by wolf?

Wolf covering wolf?

Wolf pocketing villager?

I’m going to say either 1 or 4 for the moment but worth keeping an eye on this

Queries Lady Skunk
    I look at this and I think this is an odd post...

... just a touch of “I’m a newbie”...

...just a pinch of “I don’t know how these usually work”....

....then straight in with a remainder of a post that says the exact opposite

Very strange....

Pulls Barney up on wording
    Well you’d hardly have said “when you die...” would you?

Then studies myself and Dandy's interactions
    Interesting to watch the interaction between Dublin Andy and green&red. The spat between Pter and skeith early on had a village on village vibe, with Pter feeing maybe more village. This one feels different. Wolf on one of the two is my guess, green&red probably my pick of the two. Going to review posts by the two to try and nail down why it feels that way

Then does an ISO of me, has serious doubts it has to be said
    So, off a selection of green&reds post highlights I get this as an iso..

Yeah, not great this but in itself it’s not the worst. I’d hoped we’d either get a solid development of the suspicion or an admission that it’s just gut for the moment. We sort of evolve from here to a bit neither of these however

Bit nothing about this post. Noteworthy that he clears skeith and puts light shade on Pter

This I don’t like. It’s optionality central- “a wolf would never do A, bit if you’re a wolf you’d do A”

This post is actually horrible. It’s basically preemptive plausible deniability. Really hate this post

This is quite informative. It’s defensive but shows a mindset that gets the game better than they’re letting on. Unusual to dismiss a wolf/ wolf pair like this since it does very little to clear the individual.

It’s a little strange also, given its defensive on a read they’d actually asked a player to make. I don’t know what to make of that aspect.

Goes onto question Clarabel
    Claranrl, I don’t get this progression so close together. What gives?
    Caravel, when you get back can you give your reasoning here? What sticks out with cross for you? I think he has 2 posts, is there something that sticks out in there?

And then Dandy on his moving onto Petr
    This is an interesting progression on less than a day DublinAndy. Can you take me through your journey?

Proceeds to do his FFA with those three but also questions Kitten, Lady Skunk and Strawbs
    I hadn’t definitely picked so I hadn’t put a vote in yet. My current #ffa1 is ;

DublinAndy2
    Green&red
    Clarabel

Both of the first two for their interactions. It feels like there should be a wolf in there. The peace semi-breaking out in the last while is suspicious too. Almost like wolves pulling it back a bit

Clarabel is because of her weird pattern of who she’ll vote for. It’s just a bit poorly thought out even at this stage.

Of the remainders

Pete and skeith: the old married couple. Skeith style is game is very head on: would it be a good tactic for wolves in mountainous? We usually have one loud wolf so maybe. Petr seems more solvey at te moment but worth watching. Neutral and village leans for now

Bounty: very hard to read. If I was looking for a safety lynch to help make distance between possible wolves and village later in the game it would be bounty or Barney just for the way the blend in. Too early for that though

Strawberry: need to go back and iso her when I have a minute. Something about her makes me uneasy but I can’t quite say what.

Tusk: says they’re a newbie. Playing that way, in terms of asking questions and checking the parameters. Generally looking very village. Strong village lean

Skunk. A lot of fluffy stuff, can also be defensive. Looks more like wolf than village at this stage but limited value in flipping them at this point

Kitten_k: remarkably they’ve been reasonably active, since I barely remember them. Pretty much every post is pure fluff. No real challenge or questioning. If I could pick between Andy and G&R she’s be in my main ffa. Strong wolf lean

Sticks his vote on me
    Getting late and I’m busy this evening so I’ve put a placeholder vote on G&R. Going to try to look back at a couple of alternative folks that have either tweaked my suspicion or raised flags with others though if I have time

Clears Fixxer next before questioning Kitten
    Did a fast iso on kitten (again) and fixxxer - easy enough since they have similar posting levels.

Fixxxers not exactly knocking it out the park but there is some evidence of trying to work through the puzzle. He makes out and out accusations rather than sidling in when someone else has sown a seed, which maybe feels less wolfy

Kitten has nothing, nada. It’s like a gossip column when you iso her. Lots of chat but nothing yet to indicate they’re working on the solution

Tempted to switch to kitten on the back of that tbh

Then seems to clear TB and Tusk before switching his vote to Kitten
    Speed iso on tusk and triceratops ballet

Tusk: reasonable progression of ideas. No lightbulb moments but working along as far as I can tell. At this stage I’d put him on the village pile

TB: less to work with. Not engaged heavily in her earliest posts but to be fair she’s indicated this all along. One to watch and see how things progress from here. Neutral

Vote switched to kitten for now btw

• Advertisement

My offer of being a sacrificial lamb for the noobs has expired. You’re on my suspect list and I also think Keith is good so I owe it to him to follow his gut. His vote right now is on digit but it’s over 30 hours till the lynch. Based on my track record so far I could change my mind and vote numerous times.

Yes but why am I on your suspects list? You need to give reasons here otherwise its just blatant pocketing.

Yes but why am I on your suspects list? You need to give reasons here otherwise its just blatant pocketing.

Because you are on the top 11 suspect list! I believe in my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Triceratops Ballet - she says she has to watch what she says. Responds thats not what she said its post count related. This from someone who posts 10 posts in the 33 hour window that allows 100.. BH asked TB to do something and she said she’d have it later. Was it done? And if not, did bh chase it up?

Skeith, there's a mistake on your list there I've checked my notes and I'm actually a lock clear too, I think some others said the same about themselves so maybe you could fix that?! :rolleyes:

BH didn't task me with anything, he's not the boss of me! I suggest you pay actual attention to the things other people say instead of conjuring your own narrative.
    I suspect you're referring to my ISO posts, which I've done a 3rd of, and I've done the reading on the next third and I've already explained this morning that I'm under pressure in work and would try and sumarise my notes at some point today. BH was needling me yesterday about being a low poster (in a slow burn game :rolleyes: )
    I can't tell you when I'll have the rest of the iso done cos I'm up to my actual eyes.

I also already explained to you the thing I said in my first post about being careful not to not post too many random thoughts so as to eat into my posting allowance, yet you keep requoting it without context.

Trying to clear up any loose ends re Andy and Keith so I’m just saying what’s in my head.

If Andy was bad wolfs would try and get more votes onto another player to save.
    A wolf Keith saving a wolf Andy with a last minute vote and then munching one of the only other 2 voters on kitten would be madness as would be drawing way too much attention onto themselves.
    For instance - if Keith was lynched next and came back a wolf there would be a direct link to suspect Andy next. I can’t see a wolf Keith jumping on that wagon. If Andy were a wolf, I think at that stage he’d have to be sacrificed and distance made between them.

I’ve always though Keith is villager. Pter too as their interactions were too full on and I think if either of them were wolf they’d take a step back from the arguing. Now I have Andy as village giving me 3 probable clears.

Because you are on the top 11 suspect list! I believe in my list.

It's based on assumptions you have no way of knowing are true. Why are wolves guaranteed to be in the first posters? It's a handy excuse for either willingly or unwillingly not following whats on the thread.

It's based on assumptions you have no way of knowing are true. Why are wolves guaranteed to be in the first posters? It's a handy excuse for either willingly or unwillingly not following whats on the thread.

No it’s a way of leaving a plan for other players to look into when I’m dead and returned NRV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

If you realise it's tunnelling then why do it? sKieth surviving another munch has me more convinced again that he's a wolf. GnR, I'll look at again today and see how I feel.

Well I do it because it fits my narrative. It's hardly like I'm trying to corral everyone to vote for you. I'm putting out my reasons for thinking you are a wolf, and highlighting that they aren't perfect. Just because it is tunnelling doesn't mean that the theory is wrong however.

Strawberry I'm with you by the way. I wasn't convinced that dublinandy's story-like posts were just ways of being entertaining and though there might be an ulterior motive with them. However, not voting to save themselves gives them a strong village lean if you ask me.

No it’s a way of leaving a plan for other players to look into when I’m dead and returned NRV.

A plan based on foundation of sand is no plan at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Trying to clear up any loose ends re Andy and Keith so I’m just saying what’s in my head.

A wolf Keith saving a wolf Andy with a last minute vote and then munching one of the only other 2 voters on kitten would be madness as would be drawing way too much attention onto themselves.
    For instance - if Keith was lynched next and came back a wolf there would be a direct link to suspect Andy next. I can’t see a wolf Keith jumping on that wagon. If Andy were a wolf, I think at that stage he’d have to be sacrificed and distance made between them.

I’ve always though Keith is villager. Pter too as their interactions were too full on and I think if either of them were wolf they’d take a step back from the arguing. Now I have Andy as village giving me 3 probable clears.

Thanks for this, I had trouble pegging dandy as a wolf until his undying defence of skunk who i had a bad read on early on.

This logic helps me to go back to thinking he's clear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Always had the other 2 members of (who along with Strawbs made up) my newest FFA as villagers. Couldn't be that easy could it.

Seems most agree with my assertion that Andy not voting for Kitten would make no sense if he was a wolf considering he actually tied with her.

It does not outright make Pter a wolf but it makes me consider him much stronger. Kitten being killed and calling it out in advance by a late switch from sKeith is dodgy too and just like sK is hard to ignore. Probably be on and off for the next while but are there people dodgier I should be looking at?

Well Digi is dogier but not much to look at there

Skeith, there's a mistake on your list there I've checked my notes and I'm actually a lock clear too, I think some others said the same about themselves so maybe you could fix that?! :rolleyes:

Sure thing, I'll make that change right away.

BH didn't task me with anything, he's not the boss of me! I suggest you pay actual attention to the things other people say instead of conjuring your own narrative.
    Aren't these your words?
    I'm not saying I won't do it btw but you know... Someone else pays me to do other things all day so I have to work to their schedule, not yours BH

I suspect you're referring to my ISO posts, which I've done a 3rd of, and I've done the reading on the next third and I've already explained this morning that I'm under pressure in work and would try and sumarise my notes at some point today.
    I think it was only a request to do an FFA. They were notes to self, I haven't looked into it yet.

BH was needling me yesterday about being a low poster (in a slow burn game :rolleyes: )
    I can't tell you when I'll have the rest of the iso done cos I'm up to my actual eyes.

I also already explained to you the thing I said in my first post about being careful not to not post too many random thoughts so as to eat into my posting allowance, yet you keep requoting it without context.

And i'll repeat that you posted 10 posts, that 10% of allowed posts, in the 33 hour window.

sKeith wrote:
    And i'll repeat that you posted 10 posts, that 10% of allowed posts, in the 33 hour window.

Yeah, but I can't see the future so when I posted my first post, I was more optimistic about my ability to post, I haven't played a game at work in months so I' d no idea what the balance would be when I posted that.

Look into my reasoning into why ecto is clear, if you believe I am clear, trust ecto too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I think Dandy is a better Villager than I am. I’m not sure I’d risk my own neck in a lynch when I know I’m good and can’t be sure of the allegiance of others. Maybe he didn’t quite realise how close the lynch actually was? I’m happy with the logic others have pointed to though and will hop on board the Dandy Villager train.

Please give me your gun to head calls on the following. wolf v village.

Pter

GnR

DubAndy

Thank you.

sKeith wrote:
    Sure thing, I'll make that change right away.

Thanks bbz
    sKeith wrote:
    Aren't these your words?

They are my words, I dot see how that's an instruction from BH
    sKeith wrote:
    I think it was only a request to do an FFA. They were notes to self, I haven't looked into it yet.
    Yeah i was posting my notes to base my ffa and vote off
    But sure we'll write it off as a non contribution!

Just on this QB. I did cast an outlier vote, but I didn't think kitten was a wolf and was unsure about dublin. Also when 3 is the highest number of votes I'm not sure 1 is that much of an outlier. All you need is one person to switch from A to B and then the two are level. I could understand outlier more if the top two were on 5/6 each.

Also, the tagging is just for ease of searching.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Barney – villageryish, but did cast an outlier lynch vote (on Fixxxer). OCD on people tagging their FFAs right (I like this!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Barney92 wrote: »
    Just on this QB. I did cast an outlier vote, but I didn't think kitten was a wolf and was unsure about dublin. Also when 3 is the highest number of votes I'm not sure 1 is that much of an outlier. All you need is one person to switch from A to B and then the two are level. I could understand outlier more if the top two were on 5/6 each.

The tagging I agree with. I said I liked it. Also agree with you on outliers. I was noting everyone’s lynch vote and what it might mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Barney92 wrote: »

What does this mean?

Advertisement