Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Think village mindset.....
    does a villager say

"I noticed when going back you called me out on not being around yesterday after people thought I was village."

We have 17 villagers here, so crunch this with me.

yay or nay.....

I could be conf biasing all to hell here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

sKeith wrote: »
    Think village mindset.....
    does a villager say

"I noticed when going back you called me out on not being around yesterday after people thought I was village."

We have 17 villagers here, so crunch this with me.

yay or nay.....

I could be conf biasing all to hell here.

I’m not sure I understand this post? I included the “yesterday after people thought I was village” because those were her words. I made sure not to leave that bit out in case it looked like I was ignoring it on purpose.

Can you explain why a villager wouldn’t say that?

TheSkunk wrote: »
    I’m not sure I understand this post? I included the “yesterday after people thought I was village” because those were her words. I made sure not to leave that bit out in case it looked like I was ignoring it on purpose.

Can you explain why a villager wouldn’t say that?

Oh sorry, could you link me up. as that makes huge difference.

Clarabel wrote: »
    Sorry about the whiny post earlier.

SK. I'm not feeling wolf.
    Kitten I have no read on
    Skunk.... I'm unclear why she is considered village by everyone and then hasn't posted since.

Dandy, sorry I can't read your posts. But interaction im leaning wolf.
    BH still good.

I think it's easy at this stage for a village to shade every one without much repercussions... including their on pack. So I'm looking out for people picking on eachother with no real merit or reason.

This one, I missed it last night when I was writing before lynch and wanted to respond to it today. Ha I wasn’t trying to just throw in a sneaky “people think I’m village” :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Necro wrote: »
    Player Name No. of Votes Voters
    kitten_k 3 tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith
    Dublinandy2 3 Pter, Green&Red, duffman13
    sKeith 2 kitten_k, TheSkunk
    TheSkunk 2 quickbeam, tusk
    Kolido 2 crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92 1 Digital Solitude
    fixxxer 1 Barney92
    Green&Red 1 fixxxer
    Pter 1 Dublinandy2
    duffman13 1 Triceratops Ballet
    Loughc 1 Kolido
    crosstownk 1 Clarabel
    Strawberry Milkshake 1 Bounty Hunter

Did Not Vote: Succubus_, Loughc

kitten_k lynched by virtue of last vote cast.

So Kitten was lynched and flipped good, and after this Tritium was munched so obviously was good. Trit was one of those on Kitten, so could be excluded obviously from added suspicion for voting for a good player but Ecto & sK (last vote would not be).
    Green&Red wrote: »
    I think Kitten is village for what it’s worth

If you had said it early enough that it could make a difference and risk being seen as defending her then it might be worth something but at the point you did it could be as easily a wolf trying to gain rep so not worth much either way really.
    kitten_k wrote: »
    Only home from work after a mental day, caught up on thread to see it’s probably been a waste of time.

When I flip good look at how quick SK moved onto me when Strawberry moved off - self preservation or making sure the bandwagon is still carried out??

Clarabel - I’m sure you said you wouldn’t be available until today, will try find the post, if it wasn’t you I’m sorry

This is what Kitten had to say before the mislynch.

I'm still unsure about Strawbs but she moved off a villager before a mislynch on them that was close enough to need the last vote. Kitten herself highlights sK jumping in with the vote that sealed the deal so that's a thing.

If he was more help to the village i'd probably dismiss Sk somewhat with the whole not playing like a wolf (and drawing attention to himself) thing but he is moving away from villagery in my rankings. Ecto I haven't had an amazing read on so I'd be curious what others think of him?

DublinAndy running him close didn't actually vote for Kitten but did vote for someone who voted for him (Pter).

• Advertisement

Even just post number....

TheSkunk wrote: »
    This one, I missed it last night when I was writing before lynch and wanted to respond to it today. Ha I wasn’t trying to just throw in a sneaky “people think I’m village” :pac:

Those were not her words then. They were yours.

Vote submitted for digi.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im mega busy this morning, so based off the vote analysis done this morning and the fact sKeith switched onto kitten at the last moment to secure a lynch, ive put a placeholder on sKeith.

Im not going to be around on thread until this evening i think, so im fully expecting to be lambasted for the day, but thats fine. Ill do my best to address any questions when i get back (volume depending).

Vote submitted for digi.

Won't be any modkills due to inactivity in this game I guess but I'd be waiting till later in the day before making that case personally. If Digi does not want the village to consider it he kind of has to be more active after voting though.

• Advertisement

undeclared voters
    barney
    cross
    digi
    duff
    loughc
    succubus
    Won't be any modkills due to inactivity in this game I guess but I'd be waiting till later in the day before making that case personally. If Digi does not want the village to consider it he kind of has to be more active after voting though.

Exactly.

So, duffman declared.
    Loughc and succubus will be modkilled if they miss another vote, leaves digi and cross.

cross voted kolido, somebody i'm watching, but not sure on.
    digi voted barney, someone I am town reading.

and this is his contribution to the game so far
    First

Voted and declared early as a warning shot. If anyone does not knwo who to vote yet, placeho;der on digi is a good way to make sure that you don't get strike one for not voting tomorrow night, just in case you head out after work and forget about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ah crap Trit is dead.

But woohoo, viva is done!!! Drink has been taken already so things will only get worse. Lynch is tomorrow night right? I really won't be around much today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Also sucks that kittwn wasnt wolf but I stand by my notes. If that screws me so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Digi - did you actually have a reason for voting for me or was it simply because my name is first on the list alphabetically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Lynch is tomorrow night? I won't be on much today, possibly tonight but I do have a mean game of championship manager 01/02 to occupy me when I finish work.

I see I got three votes. I can't really give you reasons as to why I'm a villager as it could all be lies but happy to answer any questions when I do get online be it tonight or tomorrow evening.

Doing this early so it could change but

#FFA2

1.sKeith - Kitten Villager called out how sK jumped on her with the decisive vote after Strawbs dropped out

2.Pter - Give reason for absence right after deaths. DubinAndy would have been on Kitten with his vote if he was a wolf instead of drawing with her on votes but he wasn't he was on Pter and Pter was on him. The wolves running villagers (Kitten & Dub) against each other?

3.Strawbs - im more focused on the first two but my gut and reasons for my actual vote for yesterday still would have me with Strawbs here

Digi Will probably be my no.3 and as strong as 1&2 if he does not speak up however

Those were not her words then. They were yours.

Not her exact words but they meant the same thing, I was remembering it from reading it. I quoted my own words from the previous post to explain why I included it. Get what you’re saying though so my mistake.

Also can’t see post numbers as I’m on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Some of trit's posts. I suggested yesterday that Kolido is potentially because of a lack of reaction to whiplashy's early shade. Now I'm going to suggest that trit was killed by someone he was leaning village on. Trit voted for kitten who the wolves knew was good so they knew trit was no danger to them immediately. So why not take the chance to kill him and hope that people think he wouldn't have been killed by someone he thought was good. My main picks for this would be pter/fixxxer/sKeith. sKeith I'm leaning good on and pter I'm not so sure, so surprise surprise I think fixxxer is a wolf :). I realise this is text book tunnelling but here we are.
    tritium wrote: »
    Did a fast iso on kitten (again) and fixxxer - easy enough since they have similar posting levels.

Fixxxers not exactly knocking it out the park but there is some evidence of trying to work through the puzzle. He makes out and out accusations rather than sidling in when someone else has sown a seed, which maybe feels less wolfy

Kitten has nothing, nada. It’s like a gossip column when you iso her. Lots of chat but nothing yet to indicate they’re working on the solution

Tempted to switch to kitten on the back of that tbh
    I hadn’t definitely picked so I hadn’t put a vote in yet. My current #ffa1 is ;

DublinAndy2
    Green&red
    Clarabel

Both of the first two for their interactions. It feels like there should be a wolf in there. The peace semi-breaking out in the last while is suspicious too. Almost like wolves pulling it back a bit

Clarabel is because of her weird pattern of who she’ll vote for. It’s just a bit poorly thought out even at this stage.

Of the remainders

Pete and skeith: the old married couple. Skeith style is game is very head on: would it be a good tactic for wolves in mountainous? We usually have one loud wolf so maybe. Petr seems more solvey at te moment but worth watching. Neutral and village leans for now

Bounty: very hard to read. If I was looking for a safety lynch to help make distance between possible wolves and village later in the game it would be bounty or Barney just for the way the blend in. Too early for that though

Strawberry: need to go back and iso her when I have a minute. Something about her makes me uneasy but I can’t quite say what.

Tusk: says they’re a newbie. Playing that way, in terms of asking questions and checking the parameters. Generally looking very village. Strong village lean

Skunk. A lot of fluffy stuff, can also be defensive. Looks more like wolf than village at this stage but limited value in flipping them at this point

Kitten_k: remarkably they’ve been reasonably active, since I barely remember them. Pretty much every post is pure fluff. No real challenge or questioning. If I could pick between Andy and G&R she’s be in my main ffa. Strong wolf lean
    Interesting to watch the interaction between Dublin Andy and green&red. The spat between Pter and skeith early on had a village on village vibe, with Pter feeing maybe more village. This one feels different. Wolf on one of the two is my guess, green&red probably my pick of the two. Going to review posts by the two to try and nail down why it feels that way

2.Pter - Give reason for absence right after deaths. DubinAndy would have been on Kitten with his vote if he was a wolf instead of drawing with her on votes but he wasn't he was on Pter and Pter was on him. The wolves running villagers (Kitten & Dub) against each other?

I'm not a wolf but that's an excellent train of thought about dandys behaviour. A couple of scenarios where he might still be a wolf but that's for the later game. For now I'm happy to move off him with a view to seeing how he gets on.

#ffa2 is

Skeith for r3asons mentioned before
    Fixxxer for same reasons as yesterday
    BH for his flip on me since yesterday on, imo, flimsy logic

Gnr still in there. Especially if dandy is more clear. His whole thing yesterday was if dandy was a wolf he wouldn't be. So the reverse must also be true.

Pter wrote: »
    I'm not a wolf but that's an excellent train of thought about dandys behaviour. A couple of scenarios where he might still be a wolf but that's for the later game. For now I'm happy to move off him with a view to seeing how he gets on.

#ffa2 is

Skeith for r3asons mentioned before
    Fixxxer for same reasons as yesterday
    BH for his flip on me since yesterday on, imo, flimsy logic

Gnr still in there. Especially if dandy is more clear. His whole thing yesterday was if dandy was a wolf he wouldn't be. So the reverse must also be true.

How do those two things line up? If you think my line of thought on DAndy makes enough sense to switch your vote then why is my logic flimsy?

• Advertisement

How do those two things line up? If you think my line of thought on DAndy makes enough sense to switch your vote then why is my logic flimsy?

I was referring to the fact you highlighted me being busy today as a reason to ffa someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

If you realise it's tunnelling then why do it? sKieth surviving another munch has me more convinced again that he's a wolf. GnR, I'll look at again today and see how I feel.

Oh and also that you have drawn the wrong conclusion on me, albeit via an interesting train of thought that makes me a little easier re dandy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Tunnelling...?

Pter wrote: »
    I was referring to the fact you highlighted me being busy today as a reason to ffa someone.

It was more DAndy's actions making him not a wolf and you going after him strong than your absence although disappearing before anyone pointed out that DAndy's vote did not seem wolfy would be a good move for a wolf so it warrants a mention imo. You were 3rd and stated as being below the other 2 on a FFA where it would change. It happens.

Out to eat back soon.

tusk wrote:
    Tunnelling...?

Focusing on one player and not looking at what else is going on around you. Basically using tunnel vision on one player.

It was more DAndy's actions making him not a wolf and you going after him strong than your absence although disappearing before anyone pointed out that DAndy's vote did not seem wolfy would be a good move for a wolf so it warrants a mention imo. You were 3rd and stated as being below the other 2 on a FFA where it would change. It happens.

That's fine. I'm being consistent with having you on my ffa. I don't mind you having me there on principal, I just don't agree and am arguing my case.

OK lunch is over so I have to go back to work. Later peeps

fixxxer wrote: »
    If you realise it's tunnelling then why do it? sKieth surviving another munch has me more convinced again that he's a wolf. GnR, I'll look at again today and see how I feel.

I put a vote on you about 5 mins ago.

Seeing as Andy had as many votes on him as kitten, I don’t think Andy is a wolf. I made my last vote on Kolido with 20 mins to go. Only one person needed to jump off kitten leaving Andy as lynch target. If he was a wolf surely there would have been more players on a CFD to ensure his safety?

For the above reason I think it’s safe to say Andy is most probably village. Does that make sense?

• Advertisement

My current list, top is clear - bottom is dodgy. Now sorted within grades too.

Lock clear villager
    sKeith - Lock CLEAR

Strong village
    Ectoplasm - This is due to kittenk lynch and subsequent munch. If ecto was wolf, why would she narrow down the kittenk lynch by killing trit, that is so counter hiding that ecto is near to clear for me.

leaning village
    tusk - I can see where his sKeith / skunk and kolido wolf leans are coming from. He's also villa leaning my villa lean. You earned a villa lean from me.
    Green&Red - decent read of me, advancing player or TMI?
    Dublinandy2 - not all wolves are furry, the eccentric, either he is pocketing me or whatever, i like him.
    quickbeam - village lean. I see that she has realizes that my reads sheet is my own, and I am lock village to me. That’s NAI though...
    Barney92 - some shade but is honest about it, game solvey? depends how pter flips, not w/w with pter.
    Clarabel i like clarabels progression, she is making reads, she is scum reading some of my town lean, but thats okay, i need somebody to keep me straight on my blinkers.

nullish
    Bounty Hunter - forty coats with his fifty pockets. Bounty is hard person to get a pos/neg read on.

Succubus_ -. Did not vote.
    Loughc - did not vote.

Pter - seems to try hard to read my posts but ignores mention of TB being guarded about what she posts. Asks for explanations to stuff already in thread. Seems to be trying to act villagery. Received some backup from sm. This was being ignored for a while while SM was villa lean, but thats vaped after vote swicharoo last night.

Triceratops Ballet - she says she has to watch what she says. Responds thats not what she said its post count related. This from someone who posts 10 posts in the 33 hour window that allows 100.. BH asked TB to do something and she said she’d have it later. Was it done? And if not, did bh chase it up?

Duffman13 - claims to have found two wolves in the OPs, one's a dead villa. moved duff down today. Coming around to thinking whiplashy munch could have been a possible duffman frame job, did anyone come up with that day1?

Kolido - shader, think it may be just what he does. If sm wolf would he shade a fellow wolf for the readback clear??

very slight inkling of wolf equity

TheSkunk - Liked there OP more than most, sk v duffman. troubled re my lock clear. provides excuses for absence that nobody cares about. Still, wants to know why lock clear. seems to misunderstand shade vs picking apart peoples posts. Yeah, making a new grade for this one. leaning wolf.

Strawberry Milkshake - Like answers given when i asked about why she like the fact there was no village aligned power roles. Odd switcharoo D1.

Crosstownk - pretty null except G&R softly defended them. They mentioned that if necro was playing it be like reading war n peace. i couldn't relate, and i wonder if he had actually read war and peace, caz, why lie about that, and gnr comes swinging hard at me re war and peace.

Digital Solitude - null as null can be, has he forgotten about the game? Votes barney.

leaning wolf

Willing to vote wolf.
    fixxxer - having trouble giffing. fixxxer has moved down, backing skunk

The Dead

Whiplashy (Villa) - jokes that kolido is a wolf.
    kitten_k (Villa) - very defensive, skims thread.
    Tritium (Villa) - nice acknowledgment of mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves) shade / not shade on me and pter, or just trying to game solve. Dont lynch here first. Reevaluate the here on day 2. There posts so far are pro village.

Advertisement