Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Is there any reason not to do this as well as an FFA?

I like the idea of us giving as much info as we can that can be looked at in a different light later so may do the same myself.

Andy with regards me on your FFA would nobody questioning me not be a reason for you to question me yourself if you disliked it / aything I have posted? don't see that as a reason to have me in your FFA but then of course I wouldn't cos I'm talking about myself there.

An FFA vote on someone when your only reason is nobody is suggesting he's dodgy just seems like throwing a little shade for no reason.

None whatsoever, was to create conversation to see if people did. I think everyone should be questioned. So yes throwing shade for no reason to see if anyone did have a reason. Maybe no one does and you’re holier than thou, but worth seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

#FFA1

1. sKieth I dunno what you're up to but it doesn't feel villagery. Antagonistic instead of core forming.
    2. Green&Red Your chat about styles with him above made me think about your style in the game. Usually a more aggressive, I feel the laid back approach is indicative that you're trying to be here without drawing attention to yourself.
    3. Dunno yet. Low posters feel like easy targets but Succubus seems like too much of an extrovert to be hiding like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

FFAs can ruffle feathers but you seem a little extra defensive for a tiny mention were you were not one of the 3 in the FFA and I said I had no read at all on you.

It just the accusations of posting fluff or not posting enough on day one that bother me, it's a slow burn game which is why I signed up, I can't manage the posting commitments of normal games, but look that's not relevant to the thread and is possibly a little meta so I'm not gonna harp on it.If people ask why I've posted so little I'm not gonna make stuff up tho. If that makes people suss of me grand, I can't do anything about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'm interested in keeping tb around to find out how the shower worked out. After that she can die.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game Mod:

Reminder lynch is tomorrow night at 9pm. Thread remains open until 10pm tomorrow night with the honour system in effect for closed nights.

We don't expect to have to police the post count limit, your assistance is appreciated in this measure also.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

FFA #1

1. SKeith - Despite the consensus that’s who I think is. I know people are saying a wolf wouldn’t post like that but why wouldn’t they? He’s involved in literally everything going on so far.

2. Green&Red - The whole Andy band wagon thing. He was the one who brought up SKs previous posting style and he had a little back and forth earlier in the game with SK.

3. Tusk - Didn’t respond when I offered up an explanation about Whip but agreed with another poster poster after that it had something to do with me. Also liked post #275 from G&R to SK, only saw it when going back but thought it odd and possibly a wolf liking their wolf buddies interaction.

Open to change over the next couple of days but that’s it for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

So I've done my reads - a bit later than planned but this is where I'm at right now.
    For my current #FFA it's my top 3 wolfiest, G & R, Kolido and Tusk but still another day to lynch so this could and likely will change.

Barney92 Gif heavy, bit about 'if' Strawbs dies, did reads on Whiplash's posts - Slight village
    Bounty Hunter Also gif heavy. Suggested and did FFA. Slight village.
    Clarabel Not much here - neutral for now
    crosstownk 2 Posts - nothing
    Digital Solitude 1 Post - nothing
    Dublinandy2 Unique posting style which I kind of like - need to be careful of that. Others very suspicious but I'm not seeing it. Closer look needed. Neutral for now.
    Duffman13 Made an early read and no sign since munch. Neutral to wolf.
    Ectoplasm Me. Village.
    fixxxer Mostly gifs to start. Did a read back based on munch choice - smart wolf or active village? Lines up Trit as shady while suggesting Skunk more clear, team? Neutral to wolf for now
    Green&Red Quick to go with SK being village. Why? Team? Focused on Dandy. Accuses others of throwing shade while throwing shade. Current top wolf suspect.
    kitten_k Suggested munches not useful - strange. Watch interplay with Strawbs. Neutral to wolf at the moment.
    Kolido Why would 1st munch be most telling of the game? Setting village up to read more into it than necessary? Slight wolf.
    Loughc 2 Posts - nothing
    Pter Mostly reacting to Skeith. Kind of disagree with him on Dandy but agree that there's likely a loud wolf. Slight village
    quickbeam Not too much here to go on. Similar reaction to mine with Kitten's post. Neutral for now.
    sKeith Aggressive play - taking on leader role yet not munched - double/triple bluff? Not convinced he's village but not convinced he's wolf. Neutral for now.
    Strawberry Milkshake Originally top suspect - reread post that bothered me so moved off top suspect spot. Slight wolf with Kitten possibly
    Succubus_ Claimed suspect already - were they, check. Other than that, 2 posts - nothing.
    TheSkunk Post about wolves going for someone who hasn't posted much is worth noting; who's been looking at Skunk? Kinda defends Andy - always makes me wary. Neutral to village but definitely needs follow up look.
    Triceratops Ballet Kind of with her on the whole 'lets call out low posters' bs. Neutral for now.
    tritium Suspicious of Skunk. Mild shade at Barney. Notes GnR & DAndy's interaction. Agrees with me on G&R, yet I'm leaning slight wolf.
    tusk Type of villager post rang a bell - slight wolf
    Whiplashy Dead Munch Day 1

Current Order
    Green & Red Wolfiest
    Kolido
    Tusk
    Tritium
    Kitten K
    Strawbs
    Duffman
    fixxer
    Dandy
    Skeith Neutralish
    TB
    QB
    Clarabel
    Skunk
    Barney
    Bounty Hunter
    Pter
    Me Villageriest

succubus Not enough to go on really
    CTK
    Lough C
    Digi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    So I've done my reads - a bit later than planned but this is where I'm at right now.
    For my current #FFA it's my top 3 wolfiest, G & R, Kolido and Tusk but still another day to lynch so this could and likely will change.

Barney92 Gif heavy, bit about 'if' Strawbs dies, did reads on Whiplash's posts - Slight village
    Bounty Hunter Also gif heavy. Suggested and did FFA. Slight village.
    Clarabel Not much here - neutral for now
    crosstownk 2 Posts - nothing
    Digital Solitude 1 Post - nothing
    Dublinandy2 Unique posting style which I kind of like - need to be careful of that. Others very suspicious but I'm not seeing it. Closer look needed. Neutral for now.
    Duffman13 Made an early read and no sign since munch. Neutral to wolf.
    Ectoplasm Me. Village.
    fixxxer Mostly gifs to start. Did a read back based on munch choice - smart wolf or active village? Lines up Trit as shady while suggesting Skunk more clear, team? Neutral to wolf for now
    Green&Red Quick to go with SK being village. Why? Team? Focused on Dandy. Accuses others of throwing shade while throwing shade. Current top wolf suspect.
    kitten_k Suggested munches not useful - strange. Watch interplay with Strawbs. Neutral to wolf at the moment.
    Kolido Why would 1st munch be most telling of the game? Setting village up to read more into it than necessary? Slight wolf.
    Loughc 2 Posts - nothing
    Pter Mostly reacting to Skeith. Kind of disagree with him on Dandy but agree that there's likely a loud wolf. Slight village
    quickbeam Not too much here to go on. Similar reaction to mine with Kitten's post. Neutral for now.
    sKeith Aggressive play - taking on leader role yet not munched - double/triple bluff? Not convinced he's village but not convinced he's wolf. Neutral for now.
    Strawberry Milkshake Originally top suspect - reread post that bothered me so moved off top suspect spot. Slight wolf with Kitten possibly
    Succubus_ Claimed suspect already - were they, check. Other than that, 2 posts - nothing.
    TheSkunk Post about wolves going for someone who hasn't posted much is worth noting; who's been looking at Skunk? Kinda defends Andy - always makes me wary. Neutral to village but definitely needs follow up look.
    Triceratops Ballet Kind of with her on the whole 'lets call out low posters' bs. Neutral for now.
    tritium Suspicious of Skunk. Mild shade at Barney. Notes GnR & DAndy's interaction. Agrees with me on G&R, yet I'm leaning slight wolf.
    tusk Type of villager post rang a bell - slight wolf
    Whiplashy Dead Munch Day 1
    Current Order
    Green & Red Wolfiest [top]
    Kolido
    Tusk
    Tritium
    Kitten K
    Strawbs
    Duffman
    fixxer
    Dandy
    Skeith Neutralish
    TB
    QB
    Clarabel
    Skunk
    Barney
    Bounty Hunter
    Pter
    Me Villageriest

succubus Not enough to go on really
    CTK
    Lough C
    Digi
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Whippy was an unlikely choice. In work on phone which I hate for doing read backs but I'll be doing them later.

I hate this stage where any of my suspicions are based on the flimsiest of reasons. Not sure which is worse, this stage where I know I know nothing or assuming I do and digging a tunnel against an unsuspecting villager.

Strawbs, I'm curious about your proposed approach. On the one hand rattling cages is good. On the other, putting all that info out there may let a clever wolf steer things or stand back and let the village take each other out. As Im suspicious of everyone right now, your proposal has you top of my (long) list as helpful wolf.

Thanks for doing this. Its great to be able to see peoples progression thoughtout the game.
    Strawberry was moved to the top at lunchtime, but now we have 5 others scummier than her.

Do remember that there is only 3 wolves. I think you need more neutrals or if you can see some villa in them, all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

slightly sideways question, there's a lot of players I haven't played with before

Clarabel
    Green&Red
    Succubus_
    TheSkunk
    tusk
    Whiplashy

are you guys she/he/they

Triceratops Ballet is a she and gets rul mad when referred to as he!!
    I don't mind. He she it they but irl I can't be missed as a she.

I'm on page 33
    I've voted duffman for obvious reasons....I forgot it was starting.

My FFA right now is
    Strawbs
    Trit
    Barney

Will update after I've read ALL of the pages. Won't be posting under the sea. Missed my train to London, makes me sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

sKeith wrote: »
    Thanks for doing this. Its great to be able to see peoples progression thoughtout the game.
    Strawberry was moved to the top at lunchtime, but now we have 5 others scummier than her.

Do remember that there is only 3 wolves. I think you need more neutrals or if you can see some villa in them, all the better.

I think you should be impressed that it doesnt just say wolf beside everyone who isnt me. :D

Nah, I always start off super suspicious of everyone so this is about right for me. My leans either way are fairly marginal at the moment and can change quickly back and forth.

This is fun. I kinda want to be lynched right now so that you lot can see who is suss of a NRV at this moment in time.

Bounty, my whiplashy stuff is in another tab half finished. I have a piece of paper with my notes on it in my handbag. You’re right, I haven’t posted much which I am surprised at myself. Usually I am a top poster due to one or two sentence posts. This game is interesting though. Everyone is writing long, thought out posts which require at least 2 reads of. I’m actually finding that part difficult but I don’t think one liners from me would be of benefit to the villagers right now.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at Lady Skunks posts, she claims to be a noob, fair enough but she is throwing shade from pretty much her first post

First on SKeith

Then drags me into it

It seems to me that shes unsure of the mechanics of the game but is someone prompting her in the background to throw suspicion around?

This is a very good point!
    FFA.
    Strawbs - Always a wolf
    Lady skunk

So many pages to go. I should probably get a pencil instead of using my posts ton track notes

TheSkunk wrote: »
    This is after taking far too long to pull together but anyway..

Okay, i respect that it took a long tim todo, so i'll do my best with this.
    the quoting system makes all my quotes vanish, so i have to bounce back and forward between writeup and origional post

Claiming lock clear with no proof and getting a little dig in there to make it look like I didn't understand what it meant. I did, I just wasn't buying what you were selling.
    Fine, dunno what you want me to say here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I asked about your lock clear claim here, in your response below you didn't even acknowledge it and started talking about shading. Then you told Bounty Hunter nobody asked you about it?
    I was way more interested in why you decided to shade another player, GnR i think here, being over concerned with my lock clear and shading other players, this is not how village should play, the you go into how wolves should play, and answer you own question, dunno what you wanted form me if you already answered it yourself.
    Next few are between you and Bounty Hunter.

Again, Bounty straight up asked you and you evaded the question by using the premier league as an excuse and then you didn't respond to his last post.
    There was nothing to respond to in his last post, he was explaining the way he thought conveying info would have worked best.
    You got your wish there, I'm quoting you now with multiple questions you've ignored.
    Still waiting for the questions.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place though? Simple explanation but you totally over complicated it and made people suspicious of you.
    Why were you SO interested?
    Again you didn't respond to my post and are now leaning wolf towards me?
    Is that a question?

I asked you what your play as a villager was and no response. I can't see how you are helping the village. You're only choosing to respond to the posts you want to. You're holding onto your lock clear status and nobody else can make sense of it either.
    This is more rant than question, are you really expecting an answer to any of this.

How are you helping the village in any meaningful way when you're just antagonising people when they say something you don't like?
    As stated already, my questions arent meant to antagonise, well, not natural village players anyhow. That you are getting antagonized by simple back and forth usually tells me something, thats why i want to dig into how you believe I am antagonising you.

Clarabel wrote: »
    FFA.
    Strawbs - Always a wolf
    Lady skunk

So many pages to go. I should probably get a pencil instead of using my posts ton track notes

Statistically, I’m always NRV. Been a wolf once in last 12 months.

Don't ever gamble.

Gambler's fallacy

The mods probably drafted the game

*runs*

Don't ever gamble.

Gambler's fallacy

I’m banking on that with my kitten theory :D

I just don’t get why clarabel thinks I’m always a wolf when I’ve been a wolf once in the last 12 months.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »

*runs*

giphy.gif

Also in RL... Holee ****

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

*runs*

Mod

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

I'm on page 33
    I've voted duffman for obvious reasons....I forgot it was starting.

My FFA right now is
    Strawbs
    Trit
    Barney

Will update after I've read ALL of the pages. Won't be posting under the sea. Missed my train to London, makes me sad.

FFA.
    Strawbs - Always a wolf
    Lady skunk

Claranrl, I don’t get this progression so close together. What gives?

Opening his eyes it took a moment for the blurred shapes to take form. Why was he looking at himself, oh yes, a mirror on the ceiling. Focusing even more was what he was seeing true? They might of had separate beds but it seems in their mutual afternoon naps their hands had interlocked like Romeo and Juliet’s on that fateful night, except this time there was no poison to swallow.

DublinAndy2 sat up on the edge of the bed, shook his head to help him get his senses and headed out of his room into the communal area of the guesthouse.

‘You’re a wolf, but I love you still’ SKeith said to skunk in one corner while Skunk replied back to him, ‘No you’re a wolf, but I love you still’.

As the sound of his gimped leg dragging behind him silenced the room, everyone looked at him. He could hear the whispers, knew what they were thinking. In an oversized chair, slightly rocking back and forth was Pter, mittens on to stop him touching things on his body he shouldn’t, he laughed with a somewhat cackle and shouted out, ‘Not all wolves are furry’. DublinAndy2 regretted saying that so often now. He should have been more clever drawing attention to Green&Red.

In another corner (just How many corners does this room have DublinAndy2 thought to himself) Bounty Hunter hummed to himself, toothpick in the corner of his mouth while he polished his Smith and Weston. Why are all of these trainees not doing anything and why is there a dinosaur wearing a tutu in another corner of the room, DublinAndy2 again said to himself.

His self narrative was then shattered like the window the brick came through as a brick with a note tied to it with string flew threw the window hitting Pter on the head. Well no damage there at least, he heard someone say. He picked up the brick and the note read:

We’re watching you, W xxx

Really? I have it in my head you're always a wolf. I

tritium wrote: »
    Claranrl, I don’t get this progression so close together. What gives?

I saw a request for FFA and wanted to post something to deliberately show progression at point of starting to read and then once I was caught up.

So I've not read anything since last night. Am now caught up. You're off my list.

I'm leaning good on BH, Barney and not much else.

You make me laugh, Andy :D

@ clarabel - ‘‘tis true.

It's almost enough to shift my vote off you dandy. You know to see the next installment. But alas....

It's almost enough to shift my vote off you dandy. You know to see the next installment. But alas....

Is my birthday tomorrow so I have the day off work so I imagine I’ll fit one or two more in before my neck is stretched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

My god I feel like we're just going around in circles and getting nowhere!
    There was nothing to respond to in his last post, he was explaining the way he thought conveying info would have worked best.

Still waiting for the questions.

Question 1.

probably the post that stands out the most to me so far:

Why are you so clear now to everyone ? Why would it be such a clear mislynch? after what?

Also seem to just be setting yourself up an obvious munch, what are you going to say if your not munched?

Question 2.
    From what I gathered though you’re saying your lock clear because of your previous posting style as an NRV, is that correct or did I miss something else? If that is the case that proves nothing to be honest, it could be that either G&R is a wolf too and brought it up to “clear” you or you saw it as an opportunity to “clear” yourself.

Is the whole point of being a wolf not to make yourself look like a villager? That’s a good way to go about it should the opportunity arise

Question 3.

You previously said to me about not acting like a villager but what angle are you playing here? I can’t see how your constant bickering with people is in the best interest of the village? You’re not weeding out potential wolves, you’re just putting doubts in people’s heads as to whose team you’re playing for.

I was way more interested in why you decided to shade another player, GnR i think here, being over concerned with my lock clear and shading other players, this is not how village should play, the you go into how wolves should play, and answer you own question, dunno what you wanted form me if you already answered it yourself.

Well no actually you made the comment about the shading but never said anything about G&R and in your next post you clearly said you would rather someone call YOU a wolf than spread and smear shade. Not G&R.
    Why were you SO interested?

Because it's bizarre that you would make such a big deal out of saying you're lock clear. Why wouldn't I be? If it was anyone else saying it I'm sure you'd be all over it.
    Is that a question?
    Not a real question.
    As stated already, my questions arent meant to antagonise, well, not natural village players anyhow. That you are getting antagonized by simple back and forth usually tells me something, thats why i want to dig into how you believe I am antagonising you.

It's not simple back and forth though, take your exchange with Kitten K earlier. You made it to two posts in and you were being rude to someone. It's not just me that's said it either, multiple people have said you're posting aggressively and being argumentative. I may only be new to the game but the last one I was in nobody was responding to posters the way you have. if you are village, you're not doing a very good job because when I'm gone and I flip good you'll see that all this was for nothing.

*note to self*

DO NOT mess with skunk, she is feisty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ah Skunk I think you are wasting your time trying to get a straight answer from SK.

Andy - loving the stories, why was the last one signed off with a W?

(Off topic - congrats to the Liverpool fans, great comeback!)

Advertisement