Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Pter wrote: »
    Oh happy birthday BTW! And to Sully as well!!

Im sure you would be intelligent enough. Please dont take me incorrectly. But they are far too polished for a new player. Maybe im wrong. Its happened before. But i dont think so.

G&R seems to have moved off you fairly quickly. In fact he has said he only brought you up to elicit a reaction. A temporary bus on a teammate is a wolfy thing to do. If both of you survive and one of you turns out to be a wolf later, the other can point back and go 'ah sure he was after me earlier, so i cant be on his wolf team'.

I asked you to point out what your accusation of me was based on and you refused. So if the questions i want to ask dont appeal to you, perhaps you would furnish me with an approved list of questions i can ask you? :D

No you’re good and I am a new player but I learn quickly. Plus I’m new to boards games, I’m not new to writing or (showing my age slightly) new to games that are just text. As a child I spent a lot of time typing in, look around, go north, pick up rock, speak to stranger etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Oh yeah any happy birthday Andy & Sully, three already this game

I meant you’re good as in I won’t be providing questions, not good as in good, you’re far from that. After I eat my breakfast I’ll post an addition to my narrative, see where we can go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Well if im wrong about you Dandy, it will be because of the head injury you gave me yesterday.

I am good btw. When i die and flip good you will have dug yourself a nice little anti-Pter hole.

• Advertisement

Happiest of birthdays, Andy & Sully !

I am good btw. When i die and flip good you will have dug yourself a nice little anti-Pter hole.

You won’t be the first out I think so we can continue our battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

We could do a lynch run off between the birthday babies :D

THIS IS A JOKE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

fixxxer wrote: »
    Be more interested to see if LoughC gets modkilled for missing votes or if he shows up by the skin of his teeth.
    That won't be until Friday night at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Oh happy birthday BTW! And to Sully as well!!

Im sure you would be intelligent enough. Please dont take me incorrectly. But they are far too polished for a new player. Maybe im wrong. Its happened before. But i dont think so.

G&R seems to have moved off you fairly quickly. In fact he has said he only brought you up to elicit a reaction. A temporary bus on a teammate is a wolfy thing to do. If both of you survive and one of you turns out to be a wolf later, the other can point back and go 'ah sure he was after me earlier, so i cant be on his wolf team'.

I asked you to point out what your accusation of me was based on and you refused. So if the questions i want to ask dont appeal to you, perhaps you would furnish me with an approved list of questions i can ask you? :D

You're very clever in your posting I'll give you that Petr. Throw that in nicely and move on

From the very start I've said I was looking for a reaction, never waivered

I haven't moved off Dandy but he is bringing me around. Again I've been very up front about that, its early in the game and you have to be suspicious of everyone. Of course I'm going to flip flop

You're coming across as wolfie to me but maybe thats just cause you're accusing me? It doesnt make sense that a wolf would get stuck in the middle of someone elses row, why not just leave me and Dandy at it?

Unless you and him are teammates?

See, it can just go round and round

But my main point is that I'm here, trying to figure sh!t out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I think I'm about 10 pages behind the thread guys. In training most of today, so likely won't be able to participate until this evening after I've caught up. Skunk, I noted you called me out for something. I will respond later today :)

TheSkunk wrote: »
    This is the only part I’m going to dignify with a response because if you haven’t understood what is written right in front of you this far, no matter how many times I try to explain it you never will.

I’m not speaking for other people, they said it themselves. It’s there on the thread, multiple times. It’s very clear I brought it up to reinforce what I was saying.

Have to laugh at the link you’ve made between me and Kitten K being a wolf team too, that’s some reach because I called you out on being rude to her. Something which is completely irrelevant to the game may I add and regardless of what role you’re playing there’s no need for it.

What your read on kitten?

Like I voted for Green but my focus is on someone else now, seeing how they react to others and also me when i will interact with them.

Is this the first time you said that you’ve a vote on green or have I missed an earlier post about it?

Green&Red wrote: »
    You're very clever in your posting I'll give you that Petr. Throw that in nicely and move on

From the very start I've said I was looking for a reaction, never waivered

I haven't moved off Dandy but he is bringing me around. Again I've been very up front about that, its early in the game and you have to be suspicious of everyone. Of course I'm going to flip flop

You're coming across as wolfie to me but maybe thats just cause you're accusing me? It doesnt make sense that a wolf would get stuck in the middle of someone elses row, why not just leave me and Dandy at it?

Unless you and him are teammates?

See, it can just go round and round

But my main point is that I'm here, trying to figure sh!t out

How have i moved on. The two of ye are my main suspects. Im still 'on' it.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Note to self: keep up with the thread and don't wait until you have pages to read! Ok, so we're voting tonight before 9. Feck, I'm absolutely suspicious of everyone and I obviously need to post more so people can get a handle on me.

Ok, so an FFA is where we put up 3 people we suspect the most?

1. sKeith - sorry but I just think you're a bit too eager to hunt wolves, seems like a cover.
    2. Loughc - this is going on others' suspicions as I haven't played before and it seems odd for a mod to be keeping such a low profile.
    3. Pter - sorry Pter but I'm just getting a whiff of wolf off you, can't put my finger on it :p

This list could change and I haven't voted yet.

As I was cautioned about a no metagaming rule that is not in the OP, i hate to tell you but your reasoning on number two is metagaming. Nobody can stop you from having these thoughts internally, but they are not valid game reasons for suspecting Loughc and they should not be provided as valid reasons on thread. Find some other reasons to FFA him, but not that he mods some other forum on boards.ie.

Is this the first time you said that you’ve a vote on green or have I missed an earlier post about it?

No I said it several times yesterday

#FFA 1

Dandy - Raised my suspicions from the start. I was beginning to warm to him but yesterday he claimed he trusted Petr, now he doesn't. I know things move on but I want to have a proper read of his posts. My vote remains here

Fixxxer - gut feel, I've had it as hes posted in real time and reading back over his posts I still have it. Nothing I could put my finger on

Third is a toss up, I'll come back to it later - currently between about five or six

#FFA 1

Dandy - Raised my suspicions from the start. I was beginning to warm to him but yesterday he claimed he trusted Petr, now he doesn't. I know things move on but I want to have a proper read of his posts. My vote remains here

Fixxxer - gut feel, I've had it as hes posted in real time and reading back over his posts I still have it. Nothing I could put my finger on

Third is a toss up, I'll come back to it later - currently between about five or six

I didn’t say I trusted him, he was number two in my ffa yesterday.

How have i moved on. The two of ye are my main suspects. Im still 'on' it.

I meant your comment, you laid it down and then moved on. You accused me of moving on, I haven't, I'm still on Dandy

I already said i believe pter to be ok so I'll have to vite for the only other person I think could be a wolf and simply because they're acting like a wolf and that is green and red. By acting like a wolf I mean picking on someone from the start, me, and trying to grt a bandwagon going. I obviously know I'm a naturally hairless beast, not a shaved wolf so green and red gets my vote.

I would however also be suspicious of people humpng on my post and copying me without a valid reason, they could be a wolf and g&r innocent. So basically vote for him if you thought he was anyway but not just because I am.

I'll just leave this here then shall I?

• Advertisement

#FFA1

DublinAndy - as said before i think he off the cuff posts are anything but and he is getting help from wolf buddies.
    Green&Red - Flip flopping all over the place, could be stirring the pot to get reactions and divert attention, could be rattling cages. Didnt respond to my counter of him accusing me of pocketing, then excludes me from a pseudo summary of yesterday. Its enough to get him here on this list.
    Bounty Hunter - i could be wrong and i hope i am, but im fairly certain he was trying to pocket me yesterday. Be great if he was legit, but i cant be sure.

Honorable mention to Fixxxer as well who is suspect to me on a gut feeling. Will try to work backwards on a reason why but something triggered my suspicion reading his posts yesterday.

I think there is at least 1 wolf in the above, but i still stand over the fact there is probably a quiet wolf. Im not going to waste an FFA vote on people for whom there is no evidence due to lack of posts however. We will just have to sort the quiet people out later in the game.

On Bounty Hunter, Are you serious?

I called him forty coats. (with his fifty pockets)
    He's been pocketing the WHOLE thread since post #1.
    You make it sound like you were singled out for pocketing, lol.
    I see nothing wrong with you wolf leaning him, but the excuse is so weak its wonky. Give me another reason that does not include pocketing,

I thought Pter was bad anyway. G Andrew has been pretty consistent and while I don’t agree with him about me being a wolf if you substitute my name with another you’d be foolish to say he doesn’t make sense.

Pter however is the opposite, always quite weak with explanations and seems to be an opportunistic voter. He’s only picking me because he thinks others will it seems, I just get a strange feeling of him too. I always did but let my pride take control by focusing on g and r.

Also why are you still voting for me when you sound like you believe me to be villager?
    If you are a villager you should take ur vote off me because even if you're lynched and I'm the cause you should still want me alive as a villager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

I believe Sketh and Pter are in the clear so far.

Pter’s approach is far too weird but f a wolf and SKeith made reference to his pas life as a wolf once or twice in previous games. If they were a wolf would you do that? I doubt it, you wouldn’t want any type of wolf association.

Personally with the munch first and slow start the wolves would be sensible to kick back and let the villagers hang an innocent before getting too involved.
    I already said i believe pter to be ok so I'll have to vite for the only other person I think could be a wolf and simply because they're acting like a wolf and that is green and red. By acting like a wolf I mean picking on someone from the start, me, and trying to grt a bandwagon going. I obviously know I'm a naturally hairless beast, not a shaved wolf so green and red gets my vote.

I would however also be suspicious of people humpng on my post and copying me without a valid reason, they could be a wolf and g&r innocent. So basically vote for him if you thought he was anyway but not just because I am.
    My FFA:

G&R - seemed to focus on me immediately and wouldn’t let go for no other reason than I didn’t conform.

Pter - likes to point, sit back and then watch. Not a fan of his style.

Bounty Hunter - I didn’t have a third but he seems to be the one that no one is questioning and I believe everyone should be questioned somewhat until the game progresses more.
    I'm changing my vote, this is enough to convince me, I'm hing towards pter now
    I thought Pter was bad anyway. G Andrew has been pretty consistent and while I don’t agree with him about me being a wolf if you substitute my name with another you’d be foolish to say he doesn’t make sense.

Pter however is the opposite, always quite weak with explanations and seems to be an opportunistic voter. He’s only picking me because he thinks others will it seems, I just get a strange feeling of him too. I always did but let my pride take control by focusing on g and r.

This is an interesting progression on less than a day DublinAndy. Can you take me through your journey?

Also why are you still voting for me when you sound like you believe me to be villager?
    If you are a villager you should take ur vote off me because even if you're lynched and I'm the cause you should still want me alive as a villager

I’m not voting for you, scroll back

tritium wrote: »
    This is an interesting progression on less than a day DublinAndy. Can you take me through your journey?

You missed out my post saying you should always look to more than one. I did, I was looking at Pter, when Green posted earlier it changed my mind, moving pter up to the top.

You have to look at when those where said and all the posts in between from all parties otherwise you’re looking at things out of context.

No you’re good and I am a new player but I learn quickly. Plus I’m new to boards games, I’m not new to writing or (showing my age slightly) new to games that are just text. As a child I spent a lot of time typing in, look around, go north, pick up rock, speak to stranger etc.

Used to play text adventures myself.

Can you explain the bolded above. What do you mean by pter is good?

sKeith wrote: »
    Used to play text adventures myself.

Can you explain the bolded above. What do you mean by pter is good?

I explained in my next post

I see nothing wrong with you wolf leaning him, but the excuse is so weak its wonky. Give me another reason that does not include pocketing,

I cant, because i dont have one. Pocketing is the reason; if you dont think its a good enough reason thats your business. its good enough for me.

Something else was bothering me about this post, to the point i went back to look at it after responding.

I am not making it sound like anything. I spotted him pocketing me, i called it out. If i see him doing it to others ill call that out as well.

Im not liking this aggressive game of yours sKeith. i think it could be a smokescreen for a role, and since the only roles are wolves....

I mean you are fully capable of making enquiries of people and asking questions without the guff that is coming with it, so im trying to figure out why you are being so aggressive and not coming up with an answer beyond you having something to hide behind this posting style.

• Advertisement

I cant, because i dont have one. Pocketing is the reason; if you dont think its a good enough reason thats your business. its good enough for me.

Okay, then say he is pocketing left right and center. I just found it odd after i had made it clear that he's pocketing everywhere, yoiu wouild then state he was pocketing you. Great detective work.

Again, i am not defending BH, i am questioning your reason. wolves tend to have difficulty coming up with reasons for calling people wolfy.

Advertisement