Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Wow, herself is back posting on itsallaboutduckettsgrove

You'd think Anthony would have to common sense to block her rambling. She's giving out that no solicitor in Carlow will go near her. She was posting photos of confidential legal correspondences a while ago. She also posted a picture of her son in care.

What goes on in her head? She seems to think she's not to blame for where she is at this point. Serious mental health issues at work there...

She's due up in the district court (publicly available information; shared in "It's All About <Insert Latest Fad that gains clicks/reacts here>") tomorrow, Friday week, the 10th of May and is encouraging people to attend.

Aye Missus, will we bring the coke and popcorn too? Front row seats?

Will It's All About use its new venture, CW L TV to live broadcast like they did the puppy farm case and hang about all day on off chance of something happening?

It's "In Camera" & not "On Camera" for a reason; the individual is risking being jailed & anyone who facilitates her in publishing such information, be it images, video etc. should be added as a co-defendant.

If it was defamation this would be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Pity the neighbours in Heather Hill. Hopefully they get an extended break from her soon.

#shameonyoutusla

So we've a new independent candidate to the Carlow Town Local Election race...........Bernard Jennings of Jennings Opticians!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Wow, herself is back posting on itsallaboutduckettsgrove

You'd think Anthony would have to common sense to block her rambling. She's giving out that no solicitor in Carlow will go near her. She was posting photos of confidential legal correspondences a while ago. She also posted a picture of her son in care.

What goes on in her head? She seems to think she's not to blame for where she is at this point. Serious mental health issues at work there...

Tusla do not take kids into care unless very serious issues occurred. This is a really dreadful case of airing your dirty laundry in public and can't end well for anyone. I struggle to follow it all and tbh not really interested in private family matters and Tusla

• Registered Users Posts: 60,461 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wasn't that person jailed for posting on Facebook and breaking the in camera rule on it?

Why would that guy then post/let that person post on his Facebook page about her legal issues surely he must have some cop on!

Maybe the Judge will order his Facebook page closed when she is back up in court.

I also would have to ask why is one person's personal legal issue relevant to a Carlow based Facebook page that is supposed to highlight good things about Carlow.

• Advertisement

Wasn't that person jailed for posting on Facebook and breaking the in camera rule on it?

Why would that guy then post/let that person post on his Facebook page about her legal issues surely he must have some cop on!

Maybe the Judge will order his Facebook page closed when she is back up in court.

I also would have to ask why is one person's personal legal issue relevant to a Carlow based Facebook page that is supposed to highlight good things about Carlow.

He’s feeding into the madness and really and truly she needs to remove herself completely from all social media and work within what’s legally possible. It can be so damaging for these people’s mental health as well as legal well being .

Tuesday morning on KCLR Live 10am-12 Noon sees the first of the Local Election debates and first up it's the turn of Carlow town.

With 12 candidates for 7 seats and 6 outgoing Cllrs. with only 3 women contesting what questions would you like to ask them?

You can leave a message at 0567796241 and it will be read out; you can include your full or just a first name if preferred and if preferred KCLRLive@KCLR96FM.com's the email.

Questions can be specific to one candidate, to one party or to all parties & candidates.

For example Ms. Wallace can be pulled up on her behaviour at the pseudo homeless protests over last two years and asked if such conduct is becoming of a Cllr. if she becomes one.....also when's her next one due as it's getting to the Summer again.

Questions on lack of diversity could be asked; current make up of council is 17 Catholic to 1 Protestant, 1 LGBT v 17 Heterosexual, 1 Woman v 18 Men etc.

I've already been in touch with the show myself on a number of issues but if anyone wants me to ring into the show or e-mail myself & you want to remain anonymous then post here or PM me.

But please, please, I'm not asking them the "Daddy or chips?" question.

Full list of candidates here > https://kclr96fm.com/local-election-candidates-for-carlow-announced/?fbclid=IwAR1UDNAEH851uIoW8sGKjKhs_3F2_H3sRm4MucxfNgasUrsVMdoHfyKMXCM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Questions on lack of diversity could be asked; current make up of council is 17 Catholic to 1 Protestant, 1 LGBT v 17 Heterosexual, 1 Woman v 18 Men etc.

I'm not trying to be snarky but what difference does any of that make?

All I care about is if the person can do the job and make a positive contribution and leave things better off than they found them. I don't care if they are male/female/in-between, black, white, green, straight, gay, or if they follow the Pope or the Queen or worship the Lord of Light. Makes no difference to me.

The main question for me would be what have you done for the community in the past to show that you will do a good job for the community in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 HenryWoods

It doesn't matter who or what you vote for.

Tuesday morning on KCLR Live 10am-12 Noon sees the first of the Local Election debates and first up it's the turn of Carlow town.

With 12 candidates for 7 seats and 6 outgoing Cllrs. with only 3 women contesting what questions would you like to ask them?

You can leave a message at 0567796241 and it will be read out; you can include your full or just a first name if preferred and if preferred KCLRLive@KCLR96FM.com's the email.

Questions can be specific to one candidate, to one party or to all parties & candidates.

For example Ms. Wallace can be pulled up on her behaviour at the pseudo homeless protests over last two years and asked if such conduct is becoming of a Cllr. if she becomes one.....also when's her next one due as it's getting to the Summer again.

I've already been in touch with the show myself on a number of issues but if anyone wants me to ring into the show or e-mail myself & you want to remain anonymous then post here or PM me.

But please, please, I'm not asking them the "Daddy or chips?" question.

Full list of candidates here > https://kclr96fm.com/local-election-candidates-for-carlow-announced/?fbclid=IwAR1UDNAEH851uIoW8sGKjKhs_3F2_H3sRm4MucxfNgasUrsVMdoHfyKMXCM

Tuned in now...!! Wallace going for it as usual lol
    Wants an A&E unit in carlow....surely a Primary care facility would be more realistic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

So we've a new independent candidate to the Carlow Town Local Election race...........Bernard Jennings of Jennings Opticians!

Does this guy have a Facebook page, or anywhere i can read about his policies?

I'm doing a quick scan of all candidates to figure out who to vote for.

So far, Billy Nolan and David O'Brien have fallen at the first hurdle due to being anti-pylon nimby clowns.

Helena Byrne has shared some post about the Canadian Govt seizing children from parents who oppose gender transition... ok Helena :rolleyes:

Maria Ansboro doesn't seem to have any policies on her flyer.

Adrienna Wallace is Adrienne Wallace.

Murnane, like the sister on air, was brutal; Wallace handed him his.

Wayne Fennell, despite having served on council from 03-04 (co-opted in favour of Fergal Browne who was appointed to Seanad) and 09-14 couldn't say what he could do, as a Cllr., similar to 30 mins. free car parking for which Cllr. Phelan was taking credit for.

Very poor.

Wallace and Phelan a few fireworks- "did you say i was rude to people"? (her treatment of Council officials on housing)!

Murnane, like the sister on air, was brutal; Wallace handed him his.

Wayne Fennell, despite having served on council from 03-04 (co-opted in favour of Fergal Browne who was appointed to Seanad) and 09-14 couldn't say what he could do, as a Cllr., similar to 30 mins. free car parking for which Cllr. Phelan was taking credit for.

Very poor.

That Ken Murnane is an awful speaker.

Delighted Fintan Phelan raised issue of respect for council officials; Wallaces behaviour in 2017 & 2018 was abhorrent and the videos were all from her side too so no blaming others for how she was portrayed.

No shame.

Delighted Fintan Phelan raised issue of respect for council officials; Wallaces behaviour in 2017 & 2018 was abhorrent and the videos were all from her side too so no blaming others for how she was portrayed.

No shame.

She comes across as a very angry person. Most people are moderate and reasonable and don't want this type of engagement.

At the very end there presenter said Bernard Jennings will be making a statement in coming days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That didn't take long.

Appeal lodged with An Bord Pleanála over demolition works at former Dooley Motors site.

https://www.carlowlive.ie/news/home/380523/appeal-lodged-with-an-bord-pleanala-over-demolition-works-at-former-dooley-motors-site.html

I agree with his intention but to say what's there is in anyway more secure from anti social behaviour is a farce. A modern arts centre with a dilapidated hovel next door.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    That didn't take long.

Appeal lodged with An Bord Pleanála over demolition works at former Dooley Motors site.

https://www.carlowlive.ie/news/home/380523/appeal-lodged-with-an-bord-pleanala-over-demolition-works-at-former-dooley-motors-site.html

I agree with his intention but to say what's there is in anyway more secure from anti social behaviour is a farce. A modern arts centre with a dilapidated hovel next door.

He makes many good points alright but once cleared it will look a lot more aesthetically pleasing that in its current state; Carlow College're proud of their property.

Would be curious to know if the residential property they have planned going to be replacing Carbery & Staunton Houses which, along with ball alley made way for Visual and thus be used for student accommodation (Lennon House is still in limited use; mainly for Erasmus students in the IT & American students in CC itself) or will they be put out for rent on open market.....can't see them building and then selling them...or might they?

Adrienne Wallace was down in limerick today- says she was attacked by far right supporters- drama and ructions seem to follow her wherever she goes.
    Assume that was part of her EU campaign. What are her chances in the Council?

• Advertisement

Ber Jennings issued a press release today about his "campaign".

"I decided to put my name forward for the local elections 2019 in the Carlow Town Area for personal reasons. This exercise cost me a total of €100.

I have chosen as follows:

1. No Posters
    2. No Photo on Ballot Paper.
    3. No Canvass.
    4. No Publicity.
    5. No Comment on issues of the day.

In the unlikely event that I am elected, I make two promises:

1. To do my best, guided by the principles of common sense and motivated by the interests of Carlow Town and County.
    2. In my maiden speech to sing "Follow Me Up To Carlow" in a Wicklow accent.

Statement ends and media blackout."

This could be a very interesting social and political experiment; imagine the embarrassment for other candidates if they get outpolled in terms of 1PVs or total incl. transfers?

Imagine he takes one of the seven seats?

Imagine you're one of the other 11 and, even if not elected he gets more 1st Preference Votes or total incl. transfers?

Sounds like pure laziness- takes hard work to get elected as anyone will testify. Non sense approach

Someone is doing it for bet.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him come close or even get elected.

Someone is doing it for bet.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him come close or even get elected.

He won’t be. Without a major campaign no one will know who he is.

Carlow Chamber of Commerce held first of their "Our Time to Vote" in Lord Bagenal tonight for South Carlow/Muine Bheag.

5 showed and even one of them was late; there's a total of 9 candidates and so 4 no shows; 6 outgoing Cllrs. so 1's gonna lose their seat no matter what.

In the audience? Going by their own Twitter feed it's 4.....phucking 4!

On top of that their CEO was MC, President was in audience on time-watch with a bell and whoever was doing their Twitter too.

Lack of online interaction & p**s poor attendance by both audience & politicians tells a lot about CCC & lack of interest in politics I guess?

Tullow's Tuesday & Carlow's Thursday; can't be any worse I guess......

However noble CCCs roadshow plan was it's fallen flat on its face; these're the guys who lost members (at least 2) over their pro Barrow Blueway stance and who are behind the Love Carlow initiative which seems to be CCC by another name....another bucking quango, one which replaced the Carlow Town Team.

It's like try something new, if it's s**t, try it again only under a different name and hope nobody notices.

As for the choice for the electorate? Bit of a Hobsons Choice to be honest.

Ml. Doran's the best for me (sadly am in a different LEA); Arthur McDonald & Cllr. Quinn I could never vote for.

Cllr. Quinn during RT8th Campaign, despite Labour being a Yes didn't put up one poster in the village of Borris; lily-livered ducker & it seems to be Labour Light or Labour when it suits Willie.

Sadly due to dearth of competition in that part of Muine Bheag LEA (Philip Gahan's going for FF in Tinnahinch and I would love it if he knocked Quinn of his perch irrespective of his party membership) Cllr. Quinn will probably romp home as he has MLR & Tidy Towns in his back pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

road_high wrote: »
    Sounds like pure laziness- takes hard work to get elected as anyone will testify. Non sense approach

Why would anyone vote for this guy? Who does he think he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'm not from Carlow town and I know who he is. He is an optician as far as I'm aware. I reckon he would be in with a long shot.

I'd say if he put in a bit of effort, he'd stand a decent chance but it seems more like he has entered as a bit of a protest candidate.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm not from Carlow town and I know who he is. He is an optician as far as I'm aware. I reckon he would be in with a long shot.

I'd say if he put in a bit of effort, he'd stand a decent chance but it seems more like he has entered as a bit of a protest candidate.

Yea I know Jennings on Dublin st, didn't realise it was the same crowd.

He has name value and a presence in the town for someone who has been involved in all aspects of the town for generations that most campaigning don’t have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

Why would anyone vote for this guy? Who does he think he is?

He's got a great shot. Most people born and bred in the town know him. He's a business man with his own business on Dublin Street (next door to the Shinners offices) so he understands all of the issues the retailers in the town centre are facing and so will attract votes from there as well. He's involved in loads of things, he's the guy who is always dressed up with another fellow on the Patricks Day parade and would be highly regarded by a lot of the older generation. Given the quality of some of his opponents I think he will get in. I don't know him that well but from talking to the inlaws, they are all planning on giving him a number 1 and were delighted he is running.

Advertisement