Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    How does one post an image up here?

upload to tinypic or one of those sites and copy in the image URL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Anyone ever buy a lawnmower from Carlow Lawnmowers in Strawhall? Are they good to deal with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

madmaggie wrote:
    Anyone ever buy a lawnmower from Carlow Lawnmowers in Strawhall? Are they good to deal with?

He has serviced mine a few times I never had an issue. He had a pick up and drop off service witch was handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Cllr. Dalton made representations to NTA over Penny Lane clamping at Fr. Cummins Memorial Mass earlier in Springtime.

Argued signage wasn't sufficient and I think they've granted her that; signage's been improved on R.H.S. on way in at the very least if not further around car park.

Quite a number of "2 Hour Only Parking" spaces on L.H.S. & R.H.S. and they're clearly marked <snip>

She was declined her request that all those affected get refunded; delighted NTA didn't acquiesce here; it's up to individual to appeal to RFC in this case and then NTA etc.

If this is coming up on doorsteps I'd be quite surprised; it's Cllr. Dalton being influenced by another version of the "Can't Pay, Won't Pay" brigade; clamping's not as big an issue as she & others're making it out to be.

I see yer man Dr. Doolittle around the town with his lizard in a harness and his dogs in tow.

Some call him Dr. Doolittle......I call him Do F**k All.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I see yer man Dr. Doolittle around the town with his lizard in a harness and his dogs in tow.

Some call him Dr. Doolittle......I call him Do F**k All.

He has a lizard now? Ffs

Same gobsh1te wouldn’t work to keep himself warm

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Wallace a councillor?

I don't think she is myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

Is Wallace a councillor?

No, she isn't a Councillor

Is Wallace a councillor?

Nope; ran in bye-election in 2015 & GE 2016 and was handed hers on both occasions.

Now she's the PBP candidate for Local Election (Carlow), European Elections & General Election 20XX.

Me thinks the rush to be PBFP Euro Elections candidate wasn't the biggest and it's almost by default her Local Election run is; I mean who else is there with her, admittedly voiciferous (sp?) self-promotion at "homeless protests"; there must be another one due soon surely?

As their GE candidate locally I think it was by default too.

Far's I know she no longer works for them capitalist baxtards in the hospitality industry; she's now a full time activist/wannabe politician.

Just can't see her politics gaining much traction in CW-KK or Ireland South; in both cases it's about publicity for her & party I guess?

I do think if she were to concentrate on trying to win a seat at local level she'd stand a chance but she's spreading herself too thinly; her campaign team's in single figures from the photos she posts and her Go Fund Me target of 500 has yet to be reached; it stands at 485; it was launched on January the 28th.

I do have a certain amount of sympathy for PBP and other smaller parties in terms of funding; if you're not seen, then how can you compete on a level playing field financially and thus visibility to the public?

I think, for registered parties, incl. Renua & Aontú, Identity Ireland (their lad who ran here in 2015's also running for Europe in Ireland South), AAA/Solidarity, Eirigí, Fis Nua etc., there should be a more equitable share of a pot; otherwise we will never have change and minority Govt. or coalitions which're unstable will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I see that Coolanowle are opening a shop / cafe in the old Brennans butchers on Dublin street. They have a pitch in the farmers market each week selling organic meats etc.
    Opening mid June afaik.

http://www.coolanowle.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I see Cyclelok are gone out of the former meridian motors place at Dunnes.

I was told recently that the fella that owned Meridian also owned Cyclelok and actually owns the retail park. Any truth in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I see Cyclelok are gone out of the former meridian motors place at Dunnes.

I was told recently that the fella that owned Meridian also owned Cyclelok and actually owns the retail park. Any truth in this?

Stephen Murphy. Yea he owned both businesses. His uncles company (Milltown engineering) originally developed the retail park, but they went into liquidation.

For anyone working or living on Dublin St. or who use it to travel along and access other parts of the town the upcoming works from end of May to the Autumn (September/October) will, in phases (4), affect you.

By looks of things it may also affect other side streets and access to & from them too plus Charlotte St. which runs parallel to Dublin St. and there will be works on Brown St. which runs perpendicular to Charlotte St. plus Bridewell Lane too.

Open Evening in Seven Oaks this Thursday evening the 2nd of May from 5:30-7:30pm.

Full details here > https://carlowchamber.com/further-improvement-works-to-carlow-town-water-mains-as-homes-and-business-are-invited-to-information-evening/

See Dr. Do Sod All is claiming he was injured during Storm Hannah but a low flying election poster on Green Lane near St. Marys Graveyard.

Of all the people for it to happen to.....I'd say he was hanging round the poster, walking up and down past it waiting and hoping it'd come loose......IF it did indeed come loose.

Photos of a bit of blood, a few scratches, a scrape here and there and the poster in a separate shot's not proof.

Of course his witness who claims he saw it too wouldn't be the most credible but convenient that he was on site when it happened......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Are the two Murnane's related?

Are the two Murnane's related?

Brother and sister.

Both were on site @ Barrack St. yesterday for a community garden type initiative......because of course like with Kens Merc in many of the photos I saw online......with his Vote Ken/FF livery front (or side on as the case may be) and centre.

Shameless....but there's votes to be won....

Two of the FF Cllrs., Ken & Andrea are first time candidates in that they were both co-opted.

Nokia6230i wrote:
    Two of the FF Cllrs., Ken & Andrea are first time candidates in that they were both co-opted.

I can't see Ken doing that well been honest. He will get a good few of his sister's followers the Merc of his and his disregard for where he parks it blocking paths outside the office at court place and other place about town speaks volumes about him . Andrea I wouldn't know much about but happened to bump into her lately and she seemed good but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Arthur McDonald doesn't bring the Merc around when canvassing. Man of the people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

With Walter Lacy and Jenifer Muranane gone, + John Cassin likely to be hammered there will be a fair few changes in Carlow. Certainly a 2nd seat for FF and who knows after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 HenryWoods

Ah yes, local election time.
    Shure you can't turn for what Councillors are out spending tax-payers money on little jobs for the Plant Hire Mafia.
    Our local councillors, for the most part, have the locals interests at heart, but the reality is, they have no real power.
    Your local Councillor has the County Council/Engineers/Managers on speed dial, because they are basically messengers and middle men.
    The eternal problems in Carlow are the faults of the unelected hogs in the office on the Athy Road.
    As usual around this local election time, the County Councils website has been scrubbed of details of members expenses for the last 2 years.

Locally, Andy and Arthur might be returned, Foley is part of the Borris Mafia and might struggle since we're now a 5 seater instead of the 9.
    Daly and any Independents will just scutch transfers.

Update, the expenses are there, but some are docx file.
    This is average 'pay' EVERY 3 months by the way.
    http://www.carlow.ie/wp-content/documents/uploads/Councillors%20Expenses%20October%20to%20December%202018.pdf

https://www.facebook.com/ItsAllAboutCarlow/videos/442747713128720/ This SHOULD be a video from RTE Archives about George Bernard Shaws legacy to Carlow

If you can see it let me know; same if you can't; you don't have to be a member of <snip> group to view it.

Valid reason for asking and all will be revealed in due course; especially if you CAN'T view it as it'll mean it's not there.

This one too; it should be Des Kavanagh talking to, I think, Jim Fahy on grounds of St. Dympnas > https://www.facebook.com/ItsAllAboutCarlow/videos/442748453128646/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vestedinterest

https://www.facebook.com/ItsAllAboutCarlow/videos/442747713128720/ This SHOULD be a video from RTE Archives about George Bernard Shaws legacy to Carlow

If you can see it let me know; same if you can't; you don't have to be a member of <snip> group to view it.

Valid reason for asking and all will be revealed in due course; especially if you CAN'T view it as it'll mean it's not there.

This one too; it should be Des Kavanagh talking to, I think, Jim Fahy on grounds of St. Dympnas > https://www.facebook.com/ItsAllAboutCarlow/videos/442748453128646/

Neither one works.

The videos work if you're logged in to FB.
    The video about Muinebheag got a lot of likes and shares, which is his bread and butter, but he only posted it from the Muinebheag Sentinel page last year.
    Most of what he posts regarding Carlow is just regurgitated from other pages.
    He posts the same photos and video every month.
    Sure who needs 100 photo of Duckies Grove?

Carlow people on FB are so crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭griffin100

HenryWoods wrote: »

Is the Council actually paying for Will Pattons PhD? How the fcuk can that be justified?

On average each Councillor claims about 3k a month, every month.
    It crazy how they get paid for travelling around Ireland going to conferences.
    Quite a few of them have been on foreign trips with their LEO/Chamber buddies.
    Can't imagine ho much all those trip cost.
    The Council take in money from local taxes, charge and rates and pay it out to the councillors to jaunt around Ireland.

Paton would claim for getting out of the bed in the morning.
    Claimed 1500 for college and 800 for 'Members Stationery & IT'.
    He's been there 20 years now, think of all that money he banked.

Ken Mundane claimed almost 12k and he wasn't even elected councillor OR Mayor.

Just looking @ Cllr. Phelan there.

No conferences. No training. Yet he still gets 5871.47 just for basically being?

I do acknowledge Cllrs.'d only be on 411 per week (possibly less) and for attendance of worthy events they should, I guess, be remunerated.

Some of these're brain numbingly boring and box ticking exercises but relevant to local Govt.

But at least go and earn the expense; like FP'll pick that up x 4 on basis of the accounts for doing nothing, not going to anything or anywhere?

That's 40 Grand a year by my Maths; I get I'm probably over-compensating a bit but it's not far off of it.

A week to decide whether to have a go folks; 12 Midday on Saturday the 4th of May and if you come to your senses over the BH W/end you can withdraw without losing face, or money, up to 12 Noon on Tuesday the 7th......

Currently er, "weighing" up my options on Ray Whelans costs; 30c/Kg but the bin's 240 L; anyone do Maths on it for me; how many kilos in a litre or indeed how many're in 240L?

Reason being I create sod all waste; won't be putting it out til it's proper full.

PBW option's €120 & no charge on recycling which is a bonus as if that was a weekly collection it'd go out every week.

Pay By Lift's €150 and it's €8 per lift (W) and €2 (R).

No chance my waste bin'd be full every fortnight or even month; reckon I could easily get 3-4 months out of it, possibly 6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Wow, herself is back posting on itsallaboutduckettsgrove

You'd think Anthony would have to common sense to block her rambling. She's giving out that no solicitor in Carlow will go near her. She was posting photos of confidential legal correspondences a while ago. She also posted a picture of her son in care.

What goes on in her head? She seems to think she's not to blame for where she is at this point. Serious mental health issues at work there...

Advertisement