Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 World Snooker Championship (Mod Note Post One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

fryup wrote: »
    so the Good Guy is winning, lets hope the villain in the piece doesn't make a come back

Christ this Higgins hating is getting so boring. Fcuk me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,439 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Road-Hog wrote: »
    The ‘well’ eventually runs dry for the cliched ‘rally’ that people predict..we shall see tomorrow...Offaly hurlers has this written about them many times nd look at them now...! Time for Higgins hang up his cue and get into commentary etc like most of his contemporaries ( apart from o’sullivan)......

The problem with the Offaly hurlers is they are using the wrong chalk, the amount of kicks they get on the sliothar is unreal....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the man shouldn't be let near a snooker hall nevermind a pro-tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

fryup wrote: »
    the man shouldn't be let near a snooker hall nevermind a pro-tournament

Why, what did he do wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Looks like Trumps "naughty" snooker is going to carry the day 2morrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Panrich

Wow. 12-5 to Trump. It was 5-4 Higgins when I checked in. Trump has won 8 frames in a row. That is very impressive.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Guys, I've tried to avoid having to interject in this thread, but a number of reported posts this evening required me to have a look

Discuss the final, not your own interpretation of an incident from nearly a decade ago when the player was found guilty of an offence and served a suspension for it - he was not though found guilty of "match-fixing"

If you don't like him, that's fine, and I'm sure you will be happy with the current state of play. However do not spoil the thread for others by resurrecting that historic incident

Do not respond to this warning in-thread - please PM me if you have any questions

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Panrich wrote: »
    Wow. 12-5 to Trump. It was 5-4 Higgins when I checked in. Trump has won 8 frames in a row. That is very impressive.

Looks like trump may get revenge for the 2011 defeat.......will Higgins hang up his cue for the mic after this season....?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ticket time. Saturday semi finals or bust this year I think.

Well that was insanely easy. Got what I wanted..then when I refreshed the page I was 5000 in the queue!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Really straightforward this year. Was in within 3 or 4 minutes and got the two middle Saturday sessions I was looking for no problem, down in the lower part of the cheaper tickets level. Rows A to E now fully premium, so row F is now the best you can do for affordable tickets.

Website seems to be managing better than previous years anyway, had two laptops, two tablets and a phone lined up just in case!

I got H39-42 for both sessions. There were at least 50 final tickets left for each session so I don't know where they were going with their 'sold out' yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

zuutroy wrote: »
    I got H39-42 for both sessions. There were at least 50 final tickets left for each session so I don't know where they were going with their 'sold out' yesterday.

The sold out relates to the allocations.

Yesterday only 1/3 of the seats went on sale over the counter. That allocation was sold out :)

Ah right that makes sense. I was wondering it meant 1/3 of each session of 1/3 of all tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Got tickets for 3 sessions of the 2nd round. Prices have really gone up 80 pounds for a semi final session is madness

A guy posted a photo of his ticket for the 2002 semifinal on twitter yesterday... £8.75!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,161 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Road-Hog wrote: »
    The ‘well’ eventually runs dry for the cliched ‘rally’ that people predict..we shall see tomorrow...Offaly hurlers has this written about them many times nd look at them now...! Time for Higgins hang up his cue and get into commentary etc like most of his contemporaries ( apart from o’sullivan)......

Higgins, give this lad his lunch money back!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Higgins gets to 3 world finals in a row and people are saying he should hang up his cue.
    He may decide to retire but i don't see why people think he needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Really straightforward this year. Was in within 3 or 4 minutes and got the two middle Saturday sessions I was looking for no problem, down in the lower part of the cheaper tickets level. Rows A to E now fully premium, so row F is now the best you can do for affordable tickets.

Website seems to be managing better than previous years anyway, had two laptops, two tablets and a phone lined up just in case!

I’m giving it a miss next year but that Row A-E going premium is a disgrace. Year by year they are taking the piss more and more with prices.

Glad you all got the tickets you wanted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

zuutroy wrote: »
    Ah right that makes sense. I was wondering it meant 1/3 of each session of 1/3 of all tickets.

Yeah I couldn't work out myself the story yesterday when I got tickets.

I got two for each of the final sessions and just assumed they sold 1/3 of overall as there were probably 150 in front of me in the queue and there were still good seats for me for the final when I got there. But then maybe price put people off.

Queuing was hell though. I'd do it again next year I'd say (assuming pricing doesn't go up again) for 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Inviere

mickdw wrote: »
    Higgins gets to 3 world finals in a row and people are saying he should hang up his cue.

Crazy talk indeed. He's had an abysmal season to be fair, but he's the most mentally tough player I think playing today. I think the final is all but over, but if anyone can mount a comeback, it's Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

I cant see Higgins coming back from that. Trump was on fire yesterday and just needs to be steady today and get over the line. Too much for Higgins to make up.

On another note, 2 sessions for next years quarter finals booked this morning with no problems. Itll be my first visit to the Crucible so already looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

mickdw wrote: »

Indeed. Higgins has reached his third final in a row, defeating hot favourite Neil Robertson en route, and treating viewers to a classic match against David Gilbert. He has made 11 centuries in the tournament so far, 8 of them breaks of 125+. He also has the highest break of the tournament with a 143.

I hope Higgins doesn't retire. With all this talk of the "young lads" taking over, there aren't many younger players who could hold a candle to John Higgins. He is still a formidable force in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

What time is the final resuming?

eric hoone wrote: »
    What time is the final resuming?

2 pm

kerry37 wrote: »
    I cant see Higgins coming back from that. Trump was on fire yesterday and just needs to be steady today and get over the line. Too much for Higgins to make up.

The pressure is completely off Higgins now, because he has already been written off as the loser. Meanwhile, the pressure is on Trump to get over the finish line. It will be interesting to see how that affects the dynamic. I at very least hope John can play well this afternoon and take us to an evening session.
    On another note, 2 sessions for next years quarter finals booked this morning with no problems. Itll be my first visit to the Crucible so already looking forward to it.

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭This is it

While I want Judd to win I also want a decent match, hopefully Higgins wins the afternoon session to take us to an evening session.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

The pressure is completely off Higgins now, because he has already been written off as the loser. Meanwhile, the pressure is on Trump to get over the finish line. It will be interesting to see how that affects the dynamic. I at very least hope John can play well this afternoon and take us to an evening session.

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy. :)

Would agree with all of that. Would like to see him make a match of the evening session if nothing else regardless of which goes on to win it.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Anything less than 6-2 to Higgins this afternoon and it's basically finished, Hendry White 1993 the last and probably only time so far it was decided in the afternoon.

• Advertisement

Anything less than 6-2 to Higgins this afternoon and it's basically finished, Hendry White 1993 the last and probably only time so far it was decided in the afternoon.

Steve Davis beat Cliff Thorburn 18-6 in 1983 and John Parrott 18-3 in 1989, both finals ending with a session to spare.

Advertisement