Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 World Snooker Championship (Mod Note Post One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,350 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

10-5 to Trump.
    Higgins badly needs the next one to stay in touch.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I’d say trump would like to stay there playing all evening.

It’s the best I’ve ever seen him play, and by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nice of Judd to finally fulfil his potential on the biggest stage. He’s done everything bar a 147 tonight, the standard he’s playing at is unmatchable for Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Trump really has been stellar this evening.

His play has approached the level only previously seen when O'Sullivan is at his best.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Nice of Judd to finally fulfil his potential on the biggest stage. He’s done everything bar a 147 tonight, the standard he’s playing at is unmatchable for Higgins.

Higgins is not thinking like that. He is in first now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Higgins would want to starting using the Taom chalk, another awful kick for him.

His play has approached the level only previously seen when O'Sullivan is at his best.

I must admit I am starting to warm to Trump. He used to annoy me when he used to loose concentration, mixed with stupid shots, and poor safety.
    But he seems to have a good mix now - he is even getting flukes off good safety's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is it possible this could finish in the third session tomorrow? Or does it need to go to the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Is it possible this could finish in the third session tomorrow? Or does it need to go to the evening?

It’s possible it could finish tomorrow afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Yes, it could finish tomorrow afternoon. If Trump wins these last two frames to finish 12-5 ahead, he could win the title with six out of the eight frames tomorrow afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,399 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's simply not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Yes, statistically possible for trump to win in session 3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,102 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Very possible. If Trump wins the last 2 tonight he only needs 6 more

11-5. 7 in a row for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Higgins’s long potting is killing him. And he is being punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Would be nice to see mr Higgins get a good hammering in this final. One of the most boring, un-charismatic players ever. Up there with Steve Davis. Plus he should not be playing after the Ukraine incident.......his popularity with Irish people is down to his Celtic affiliation no doubt....?

Holy Diver wrote: »
    Higgins’s long potting is killing him. And he is being punished.

His days are up as a top snooker player. He should leave the game to the young lads...!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

How much is he going to get to lose this final...

Trump shouldn't have played that plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Would be nice to see mr Higgins get a good hammering in this final. One of the most boring, un-charismatic players ever. Up there with Steve Davis. Plus he should not be playing after the Ukraine incident.......his popularity with Irish people is down to his Celtic affiliation no doubt....?

Just goes to show how much you know about snooker.

• Advertisement

Higgins won't sleep well if he loses this frame, because of that poor roll up attempt to the green.

Road-Hog wrote: »
    His days are up as a top snooker player. He should leave the game to the young lads...!

This is John Higgins third world final in a row........

The last time someone in thier twenties won a world title was Robertson back in 2010....
    It is up to the 'young lads' to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Judd Trump is playing magnificently well in this final. His form on the table throughout the final & throughout the tournament has been superb. If he continues to play with this great run of winning frames on the bounce against Higgins in this final. He is a deserved world champion for this year.

I do feel for Higgins though while he is not playing at his best at the moment. He just committed 2 fouls with hitting the red ball while the cue ball jumped on the table & not hitting the green ball with barely the cue ball in a space of a few minutes. He is in serious trouble on that table right now. He played a great first session to see Trump at 4-4 earlier today. I would have thought that it was a wide open match at that point. But Higgin's form has just crumbled in a space of a few hours with him losing 6 frames behind Trump.

This match is truly a mesmerizing one to watch for a world snooker final.

12-5 to Trump. Over already? I think so. I thought before the match that this would happen. Called 18-8. Brilliant snooker from Trump.

Judd Trump is playing magnificently well in this final. His form on the table throughout the final & throughout the tournament has been superb. If he continues to play with this great run of winning frames on the bounce against Higgins in this final. He is a deserved world champion for this year.

I do feel for Higgins though while he is not playing at his best at the moment. He just committed 2 fouls with hitting the red ball while the cue ball jumped on the table & not hitting the green ball with barely the cue ball. in a space of a few minutes. He is in serious trouble on that table right now. He played a great first session to see Trump at 4-4 earlier today. I would have thought that it was a wide open match at that point. But Higgin's form has just crumbled in a space of a few hours with him losing 6 frames behind Trump.

This match is truly a mesmerizing one to watch for a world snooker final.

I expect Higgins to rally after a night's rest. It is in his makeup to keep fighting.

sligeach wrote: »
    12-5 to Trump. Over already? I think so. I thought before the match that this would happen. Called 18-8. Brilliant snooker from Trump.

Have ya money on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,943 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Judd reminding me a lot of early noughties Williams in this match...flowing..

I expect Higgins to rally after a night's rest. It is in his makeup to keep fighting.

The ‘well’ eventually runs dry for the cliched ‘rally’ that people predict..we shall see tomorrow...Offaly hurlers has this written about them many times nd look at them now...! Time for Higgins hang up his cue and get into commentary etc like most of his contemporaries ( apart from o’sullivan)......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭waynescales1

8-1 for the session. That was a brutal beating.

Higgins did come back from 14-7 to 15-15 last year. He’ll need Trump to be as bad as he was good tonight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so the Good Guy is winning, lets hope the villain in the piece doesn't make a come back

Advertisement