Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 World Snooker Championship (Mod Note Post One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    My God, Taylor is unbearable. Breathing into the mic

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HwTLfZGbYzU

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Parrott & Hendry: Higgins has to win these last two frames to have a chance.

Higgins wins one of the frames - P&H: John's still in with a shout here, if he can just take the first couple of frames this evening, he'll give Judd something to think about. etc. ad nauseum...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Higgins still cueing beautifully..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That break was more impressive than some of those centuries, if he gets the next one there's still a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Shouting for Trump, but hoping Higgins can make it 15-10 to make it a little more interesting later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Shouting for Trump, but hoping Higgins can make it 15-10 to make it a little more interesting later

The lads on eurosport said the same before the start of the session. If he can keep Judd to 15 he will have an outside chance.

After those 2 pots from Judd tho, it doesn't look good. Phenomenal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Is Trump going for a maximum break here at this moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is Trump going for a maximum break here at this moment?

Yup

Ah Jaysus. The red f*cked up in the middle pocket. Hard luck Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah that would’ve been a legendary maximum, still played some unbelievable shots to take it that far though.

Should be all wrapped up by 8:30 this evening, if not sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

100th century of the tournament.

Whoever said the quality is down this year is out of their mind.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I know it'll probably be finished early but this is a fantastic match.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Isn't that annoying and unlucky, I wonder was Trump thinking, well my last red to the middle like that, drifted and missed. He aimed high and it didn't drift left this time. Terrific break and probably match over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I know it'll probably be finished early but this is a fantastic match.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The quality is insane

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Fantastic snooker. Higgins not even doing anything wrong. Trump just found another level. 100 tournament centuries, 11 match centuries, 7 for Trump. This is mental.

Literally the only thing we are missing is the 147. We've had everything else.

To have that session end with 2 potential 147's in play is just wonderful.

I cannot wait for tonight's session. It is going to be a cracker.

I hope the two remaining players enjoy the life out of it until it is finished.

Was lucky enough to catch the first three sessions of the final as my first proper competitive snooker live after twenty plus years of watching. And they were sensational.

Having withdrawal symptoms already and can't wait for the next tournament I can get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭waynescales1

100th century of the tournament.

Whoever said the quality is down this year is out of their mind.

Maybe they’ll widen the pockets even more next year and go for 200 centuries.

There's always one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

There's always one.

Its a fair point. Some of the stuff that's gone in off the near jaw the past 2 weeks has been comical. There was a time when a red down the black cushion used to provide a bit of tension...

Hilarious.

The cushions have been playing hell this year, so it balances out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

The cushions have been playing hell this year, so it balances out.

Physically it's impossible for the ball to come off the cushion faster if you know what I mean. So what makes the difference? Is it the cloth or the spin of the ball or something else?

Physically it's impossible for the ball to come off the cushion faster if you know what I mean. So what makes the difference? Is it the cloth or the spin of the ball or something else?

Not sure exactly, but I've seen a few breaks ruined by a mad bounce off the cushion, I've heard commentaters mention the cloth, numerous players have been giving out about it, it hasn't affected this game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Ronnie was saying Trump could be to snooker what tiger was to golf, changing the way the game is played with his cue power...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I’d be surprised if this makes the mid session interval. I wanted Higgins to win this, but can’t begrudge Trump the win with the fantastic snooker he’s played over the last 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Was lucky enough to catch the first three sessions of the final as my first proper competitive snooker live after twenty plus years of watching. And they were sensational.

Having withdrawal symptoms already and can't wait for the next tournament I can get to.

Was it hard to get tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

In already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

looks like I'll be able to watch the football without having to flick back to this...

Advertisement