Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saoradh dissident republican march in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

batgoat wrote: »
    Can you clarify, do you think it was justified for the New IRA to be shooting on the streets of Derry?

What is wrong with you people? Of course it's not justified. Do you think the British army are justified in shooting on the streets of Derry?

Aegir wrote: »
    No wonder these idiots feel justified in shooting innocent people when there are those that go to great lengths to support them.

You are talking about those who support the British armed forces here right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

On a side note, are the shower who marched in Dublin connected to those nutjobs in Eirigi?
    What's this post all about? The British armed forces killed a huge amount of civilians during the recent war, they also intimidated and inflicted violence on the Nationalist community. They should not be stationed on the streets of Derry!

They are not on the streets at the moment and they were not on the streets when the young lady was shot. If they decide they want to do cart wheels down the streets tomorrow, they can. You don't get to dictate what goes on in N.I..
    What is wrong with you people? Of course it's not justified. Do you think the British army are justified in shooting on the streets of Derry?

What has the BA got to do with this? They've nothing to do with the march in Dublin and they were not present in Londonderry/Derry when that girl was murder. Why do you keep bringing them up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Can you point to the British Army shooting recently on the streets of Derry? The people who were shooting on the streets on Friday and who murdered McKee are the ones who are threatening peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Berserker wrote: »
    On a side note, are the shower who marched in Dublin connected to those nutjobs in Eirigi?

As far as I am aware Eirigí have no paramilitary wing, although there are so many splinter groups it's easy to lose count. In fairness, they have a statement on their website about Miss McKee's murder and it's pretty unequivocal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Tomas81 wrote: »
    I asked for proof 2 pages ago, poster admitted he had exaggerated I am waiting for proof that the provisional IRA is still operating.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/25th-IMC-Rpt

According to the IMC reports they are commited to peace, have broken down their rank and file structures.

According to the PSNI, the structures of the IRA are still in place.

Creol1 wrote: »
    As far as I am aware Eirigí have no paramilitary wing, although there are so many splinter groups it's easy to lose count. In fairness, they have a statement on their website about Miss McKee's murder and it's pretty unequivocal.

Ok, so they are just political. Any idea how many members are in these groups?

They are not on the streets at the moment and they were not on the streets when the young lady was shot. If they decide they want to do cart wheels down the streets tomorrow, they can. You don't get to dictate what goes on in N.I..

What has the BA got to do with this? They've nothing to do with the march in Dublin and they were not present in Londonderry/Derry when that girl was murder. Why do you keep bringing them up?

The word is that they were raiding houses in Derry. Can you not see the fear and trepidation that would bring to Nationalists knowing what they did the last time? This will give support to groups like the New IRA, no one wants that. They shouldn't be on the streets of Derry. Full stop.

Can you point to the British Army shooting recently on the streets of Derry? The people who were shooting on the streets on Friday and who murdered McKee are the ones who are threatening peace.

They have a history of it, they also have a history of targetting the Nationalist community and inflicting violence and terror on them. Do you think British people would be happy with the IRA raiding houses in England?

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. You're dismissing genuine people with genuine issues because you may not agree with them.
    I think shooting some young journalist dead, even by mistake, wouldn't be filled under 'sticking it to the man'.

Are you really saying that the nutters behind the shooting of the journalist are "genuine people with genuine issues"???

Come on, please don't tell me you believe this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

blanch152 wrote: »
    According to the PSNI, the structures of the IRA are still in place.

The PSNI aren't the ones tasked with monitoring the IMC are. I haven't seen a report from the PSNI can you direct me to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

They have a history of it, they also have a history of targetting the Nationalist community and inflicting violence and terror on them.

They have a history of targeting terrorists and inflicting violence and terror on them.

They have a history of it, they also have a history of targetting the Nationalist community and inflicting violence and terror on them. Do you think British people would be happy with the IRA raiding houses in England?

So no, not recently. They were raids for firearms and rioting served only to escalate the situation, you are absolutely trying to justify the response.

The word is that they were raiding houses in Derry. Can you not see the fear and trepidation that would bring to Nationalists knowing what they did the last time? This will give support to groups like the New IRA, no one wants that. They shouldn't be on the streets of Derry. Full stop.

I see, you want to return to the time when if you were an IRA child abuser, you got the protection of the local lads and neither the police nor the security forces could touch you.

The PSNI aren't the ones tasked with monitoring the IMC are. I haven't seen a report from the PSNI can you direct me to it.

It got plenty of publicity, if you haven't seen it, it's because you only choose what you want to see.

'The word is .....' but fact tells us something different. The BA do not go around raiding houses. The PSNI do and have done for many years now. Every media outlet and reporter will tell you that the PSNI conducted those raids. Also, if these people were law abiding citizens, there would be no need to raid their houses. If you don't want the police raiding your house then don't break the law. It's that simple.

What's this post all about? The British armed forces killed a huge amount of civilians during the recent war, they also intimidated and inflicted violence on the Nationalist community. They should not be stationed on the streets of Derry!

What war? There was no war.

They have a history of targeting terrorists and inflicting violence and terror on them.

Not really. 51% of those they killed during the war were innocent civilians, this doesn't include the innocents killed by their unionist allies using their bombs, guns and ammunition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

The word is that they were raiding houses in Derry. .

The word? And who has been putting around this word? The same people who murdered the wee girl by any chance.

So no, not recently. They were raids for firearms and rioting served only to escalate the situation, you are absolutely trying to justify the response.

Who's to say they won't start again. They think they were right to murder innocents the last time. The emergence of the New IRA is worrying, the presence of the British armed forces is equally worrying, how can you not see that?

• Advertisement

I see, you want to return to the time when if you were an IRA child abuser, you got the protection of the local lads and neither the police nor the security forces could touch you.

The British armed forces set up a paedophile home for them and high ranking British politicians. It's another layer of their horrific history here, they should not be on our streets. Full stop.

Who's to say they won't start again. They think they were right to murder innocents the last time. The emergence of the New IRA is worrying, the presence of the British armed forces is equally worrying, how can you not see that?

Nobody would have been murdered on Friday if it were not for the actions of the New IRA. The PSNI were engaging in raids, they were a danger to nobody. You're warping a tragedy perpetrated by scum into your own agenda.

'The word is .....' but fact tells us something different. The BA do not go around raiding houses. The PSNI do and have done for many years now. Every media outlet and reporter will tell you that the PSNI conducted those raids. Also, if these people were law abiding citizens, there would be no need to raid their houses. If you don't want the police raiding your house then don't break the law. It's that simple.

Are you joking? The British army have a history of raiding houses, wrecking the place, beating up the occupants etc. And that's if they were lucky!

What war? There was no war.

There was a 30 year war, it was quite recent really, you're not from Ireland? You should read up on it, plenty of books written.

timthumbni wrote: »
    The word? And who has been putting around this word? The same people who murdered the wee girl by any chance.

No, people on the street in Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

It got plenty of publicity, if you haven't seen it, it's because you only choose what you want to see.

No I remember ACC saying he believed the IRA shot Kev but then back tracked when it was realised he was shot by dissidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

No, people on the street in Derry.

Yes, like the people on the street in derry who murdered the wee girl..

I remember it, my father and brother were both murdered by them. My father was murder in Ballymurphy massacre, my brother was shot while throwing stones.

hm

Nobody would have been murdered on Friday if it were not for the actions of the New IRA. The PSNI were engaging in raids, they were a danger to nobody. You're warping a tragedy perpetrated by scum into your own agenda.

Who said any different? The New IRA should spend time behind bars, what has that got to do with the presence of the British armed forces? You can be against more than one murderous group at the same time you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

There was a 30 year war, it was quite recent really, you're not from Ireland? You should read up on it, plenty of books written.

Is this the one? Not exactly recent... https://www.britannica.com/event/Thirty-Years-War

Advertisement