Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 RussellHobbs

Who is starting the 15th April

I'll be there mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Hi everyone, just a quick question regarding the career services stage 1 course. Is the difficulty of the course of similar difficulty to the real stage 1 exams, thanks in advance!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just a quick question regarding the career services stage 1 course. Is the difficulty of the course of similar difficulty to the real stage 1 exams, thanks in advance!!!!
    PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

daniel1390 wrote: »

I found some of the prep questions harder than the actual apptitude exam but they explained them so well that it was all grand in the end..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 171268

Anyone going down tomorrow, what are you bringing? Personally I was thinking just a suit and money to buy the tracksuit. Other then that I was going to leave the rest until the official start date of the 23rd (I.e Laptop, Runners etc..)

171268 wrote: »
    Anyone going down tomorrow, what are you bringing? Personally I was thinking just a suit and money to buy the tracksuit. Other then that I was going to leave the rest until the official start date of the 23rd (I.e Laptop, Runners etc..)

I’d assume you’re not doing manual handling and first aid in a suit so you’ll need runners for that tracksuit?

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    I’d assume you’re not doing manual handling and first aid in a suit so you’ll need runners for that tracksuit?

I obviously meant new runners..

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Crap!! There is liturally no way of me getting that info what so ever, I have been trying since January!! I may ring and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

sazxox wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Congrats to all of those who got offers!! :)

Just off topic, the 2019 campaign is out and I will be applying but I'm worried about the vetting (if I hopefully get that far) - basically I was born and bred in Ireland but my dad is originally from Kuwait, he left us when we I was 2 years old and went back to Kuwait and since then we havn't heard from him. My Mam doesn't know his family or anything, she only ever met his mother! I tried googling him and I found out he's the president of some surgery in Kuwait, I have plagued the place since January as I anticipated a campaign but never heard back.

Basically my question is - was anyone else in the same/similar boat or am I completely ****ed in terms of vetting???

I wonder if you could contact the Kuwait Embassy in Dublin or the British Embassy in Kuwait or the Irish Embassy in UAE and ask them if Kuwait has anything similar to the General Register Office in Dublin where you can pay to search all the births, deaths & marriages. You could also try contacting genealogy services to see if any of them might know if this information is searchable.

It also might be enough to put your dad's name, occupation, the address of the surgery as his address and if there is a GRO get his birth cert to find out who his parents are - the birth cert will hopefully have some sort of address on it for your grandparents. And leave it at that. As far as you know he has no siblings. But if there is a GRO you can search for any potential aunts/uncles that way. It will be horribly painful and I doubt it's online, so you may have to pay someone to do it for you or keep ringing the surgery/pay an interpreter to ring the surgery.

I don't envy your position. It's a fecking horrible old process, and I wish you the very best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 randomhero1991

Who is starting the 15th April

Yeah I am

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Catepillar1994

Those anyone know where the reg number is? On the bank form

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Red59

Those anyone know where the reg number is? On the bank form

That’s to be left blank

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Do you think they will send out a few last minute offers this week for Monday 15th Induction?

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    Do you think they will send out a few last minute offers this week for Monday 15th Induction?

That’d be fun.. must be loads of people waiting on sign off now too?

That’d be fun.. must be loads of people waiting on sign off now too?

I'd imagine there is a few alright. I'm from 2017 campaign and on ''Awaiting Sign Off''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Sleahy18

Anyone add me to this WhatsApp group of its still going. Just got offer to start for the 15th. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

Sleahy18 wrote: »
    Anyone add me to this WhatsApp group of its still going. Just got offer to start for the 15th. Thanks

Congrats.. what year you from?? Did you only get the offer today

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sleahy18

Congrats.. what year you from?? Did you only get the offer today

From 2018, ya just got offer today and still had vetting outstanding just last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

Sleahy18 wrote: »
    From 2018, ya just got offer today and still had vetting outstanding just last week.

I’m from 2017 and all my vetting was back over 6 weeks ago and waiting for sign off..

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LocalIrishLad8

Is there a WhatsApp group going for people starting next week for induction on the 15th??

• Advertisement

That’s April full now lads, fingers crossed to see yee in July!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

That’s April full now lads, fingers crossed to see yee in July!

Told by HRM?

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Told by HRM?

Not personally but it’s straight from HRM yeah

Set up a July Intake if helps for us all to gather our thoughts :) and look on the bright side that hopefully it won't be too long until we get the email offer

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109937260#post109937260

• Registered Users Posts: 1 psheridan95

Anyone starting on 23rd April not have a p45? Was onto the tax office and old job and they don’t issue p45s anymore but Garda College insisting we have to have one

Anyone starting on 23rd April not have a p45? Was onto the tax office and old job and they don’t issue p45s anymore but Garda College insisting we have to have one

No they don’t exist, they’ll realise this when no one shows up with one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Edit

You'll enter details they give to you on your own Revenue account online and that will change your tax credits over.

Purpose of the P45 for the College is to prove you've ceased your employment really, get a letter from your employer if possible to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Combo country

Hi All
    New to this boards page just looking for information on the garda recruitment trying to download the pdf but keeps saying please wait have uses different laptops and keep getting the same results. Have uses Google chrome and Internet explorer but to no achievement of it work.

Any help is greatly appreciated combo country 👍

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Hi All
    New to this boards page just looking for information on the garda recruitment trying to download the pdf but keeps saying please wait have uses different laptops and keep getting the same results. Have uses Google chrome and Internet explorer but to no achievement of it work.

Any help is greatly appreciated combo country 👍

If you are on about the initial application, you can't view it on google chrome, etc. Has to be viewed in adobe as far as I'm aware.

Advertisement