Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

What do people think. . .
    Is there another induction week? ie. another 100 offers or so to go out? ..
    want to see what people think

There is a second induction week 100%. As mentioned before the buddy’s father in law does the first aid and he’s booked in for the second induction week which is the 15th. No doubt it’ll be 100 each week as why would they change it now. Plenty of time for offers.
    Fingers crossed for the 16s and 17s left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

I definitely believe so. There are PCTs planned for next week and I know ones who have everything done barring PCT so I expect them to look to draw upon a few of these in time for April. Still plenty of time on this, they've been known to call people within days prior to induction starting.

They are ploughing through the medicals as well, seems like everyone who passed the fitness has had the medical 10 days later. I don't know how this is compared to previous campaigns but it feels very fast to me.
    I have my fingers crossed for you guys too, god knows ye deserve it.
    If I'm still here next June I'll be pure mental altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Rparker17 wrote: »
    There is a second induction week 100%. As mentioned before the buddy’s father in law does the first aid and he’s booked in for the second induction week which is the 15th. No doubt it’ll be 100 each week as why would they change it now. Plenty of time for offers.
    Fingers crossed for the 16s and 17s left.

That’s promising enough. There’s a handful from 2016 here and it’s getting rough now holding on and I speak for all of us when I say that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

That’s promising enough. There’s a handful from 2016 here and it’s getting rough now holding on and I speak for all of us when I say that

I’m praying for ya buddy, I really am. Especially as I don’t want to go through what you’ve gone through for another year! Nearlt 2 years will be long enough. Never mind 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Last time on this before we settle to agree to disagree
    Your earlier post wasn't "some people on this site have received offers for April" but rather "offers have already gone out for the April intake" which would certainly lead anyone reading that to interpret it as April intake has concluded.
    What exactly is someone to think reading that.

As I already said I don't believe that's so and share the view of the earlier poster that with a month before the inductions it's all to play for.
    Offers have already gone out for the April intake =/= all offers for April have gone out.
    I said offers, not all offers. Anyway, this is tiring and to be frank, it's a ridiculous argument.

Jumping to your conclusion is baffling, and the fact you're getting so upset over it is even more confusing.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Offers have already gone out for the April intake =/= all offers for April have gone out.
    I said offers, not all offers. Anyway, this is tiring and to be frank, it's a ridiculous argument.

Jumping to your conclusion is baffling, and the fact you're getting so upset over it is even more confusing.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your campaign.

Same to you and I hope you do recover from your bout of confusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pubsize

Any word on offers for the 2nd week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

pubsize wrote: »
    Any word on offers for the 2nd week?

I know lots who have got offers but no one has mentioned the 15th yet so I would assume they have not filled the week of the 8th April yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pubsize

I know lots who have got offers but no one has mentioned the 15th yet so I would assume they have not filled the week of the 8th April yet.

Are they struggling to fill the April intake? Very strong possibility a lot of 2018's could be used if that's the case. Makes no sense with so many left from previous campaigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

doubt it. What about the 2016/17 lads.

• Advertisement

doubt it. What about the 2016/17 lads.

Nothing yet. I’m 2016

Nothing yet. I’m 2016

Hopefully you'll get something this week, this friday is just over four weeks notice.

Hopefully you'll get something this week, this friday is just over four weeks notice.

Wouldn’t think so lad. I’ve lost all hope at this stage. Doesn’t look like it’s ever been signed off to be honest. No progress and no contact ever.

Wouldn’t think so lad. I’ve lost all hope at this stage. Doesn’t look like it’s ever been signed off to be honest. No progress and no contact ever.

It's pure sickening. I don't understand it at all. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

have you tried ringing them

Not this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

They seem ok for emails too but who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

There is no point to ring them cause they are not giving you any specific answer.. only vetting outstanding or waiting on the decision ... when u ask them for details whats holding you back they cant say

Heard from my OH that they are mental busy in vetting, flat out trying to get people in and vetting squared away. My conclusion is they are struggling to fill this intake. So hopefully be some offers out for ye old timers this fri but could be down to the wire on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

How long does it take for sign off by commissioner?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

NYB wrote: »
    How long does it take for sign off by commissioner?

Nobody knows! ...it's once your local and national vetting has been completed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

You would think they would have enough for this intake, considering there wasn't one in January

paddyCPW wrote: »
    You would think they would have enough for this intake, considering there wasn't one in January

They must be having huge issues getting people cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

They must be having huge issues getting people cleared.

I would say the first induction week is filled, as offers were going out all last week.

They will need to send out offers for the second induction week soon if people need a month notice for work etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

paddyCPW wrote: »
    I would say the first induction week is filled, as offers were going out all last week.

They will need to send out offers for the second induction week soon if people need a month notice for work etc..

Offers were going out all last week ?? How u know that ? No one said anything on the forum

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Offers were going out all last week ?? How u know that ? No one said anything on the forum

Someone did say their friend got an offer last week, I would say they got offered a deferral spot.

A lot of us awaiting sign off. Surely it’s a matter of yay or nay like. I wouldn’t mind getting a rejection letter at this stage it’s taking over my life. It planning for family events etc.
    Hooefully they have another 100 for the second induction week to be sent out soon.
    What source said they know someone who said it’s mad busy with vetting? Can anyone find out is there another induction week for sure and if there will be more offers.
    I ring a few times a week and I just don’t have the gift of talking they shut me down straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

A lot of us awaiting sign off. Surely it’s a matter of yay or nay like. I wouldn’t mind getting a rejection letter at this stage it’s taking over my life. It planning for family events etc.
    Hooefully they have another 100 for the second induction week to be sent out soon.
    What source said they know someone who said it’s mad busy with vetting? Can anyone find out is there another induction week for sure and if there will be more offers.
    I ring a few times a week and I just don’t have the gift of talking they shut me down straight away

Yeah the second week are yet to be informed man so there's Hope yet , ringing them can do no harm except annoy them , maybe ring them up later this week and just ask about the status on your file but they can't really do much for you I don't think .

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Can anyone find out is there another induction week for sure and if there will be more offers.

There’s definitely a second induction week on the 15th. Some have deferred to the 2nd week. I don’t know of any offers going out for 2nd week so I’d say they’ll be sending them out this week to give the 4 weeks notice.

• Advertisement

That was me, my OH is in the job and heard it from higher up.

Advertisement