Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Lads we all need to calm down. We’ve been waiting a long time I know . They have told us to keep an eye on our emails or post over the next couple of weeks . We will be down in templemore before we know it . Hold tight .

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

twoblub wrote: »
    Usually there are 2 weeks but there seems to be no sign of the 2nd week of calls going out, if anyone wants to ring and ask as I was on to em yesterday and forgot to ask that.

Two Bulb you’re mad for folk to ring. What did they say when you called yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Two Bulb you’re mad for folk to ring. What did they say when you called yourself?

Do you want the direct quote or the summary bud? " In a queue, contacted in due course"

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Do you want the direct quote or the summary bud? " In a queue, contacted in due course"

The summary would do. Sorry am I not meant to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

" In a queue, contacted in due course"
    There's the summary as aforementioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 corkcoco

Ya dates are up on garda.ie website. 23rd April, 15th July and 16th December are the intakes this year.

where on the website are the dates didn't see them when I looked through it ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

corkcoco wrote: »

I'll give a look there now again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

The page is linked in this thread if you have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Anyone have an idea when the 2019 campaign will open?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 corkcoco

Thanks Stefan White Storehouse.
    I don't know if those dates are for reserve intake or full time intake, anybody able to clarify ???

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Thanks TraLiGurl.
    I don't know if those dates are for reserve intake or full time intake, anybody able to clarify ???

Did you even read it bud . It says Garda trainee all over it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Thanks TraLiGurl.
    It says Garda trainee, not Garda Reserve trainee. Also, offers have already gone out for the April intake, and some posters here have received them.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

It says Garda trainee, not Garda Reserve trainee. Also, offers have already gone out for the April intake, and some posters here have received them.

How do you know that April offers are concluded? Nobody on this thread recently has said they have received the 2nd round offers

How do you know that April offers are concluded? Nobody on this thread recently has said they have received the 2nd round offers

He didn't say anybody had received second round offers. Just that offers for the April intake have gone out, which they have for the first induction week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Polly26

Thought there might have been some today.

He didn't say anybody had received second round offers. Just that offers for the April intake have gone out, which they have for the first induction week.

That's how it generally has worked - 1st and 2nd round offers.
    What of the second induction week? Others on this thread have fed back their dealings with HRM and have said keep an eye on emails in next week or two

That's how it generally has worked - 1st and 2nd round offers.
    What of the second induction week? Others on this thread have fed back their dealings with HRM and have said keep an eye on emails in next week or two

I'm not disputing that, and I dont have any more info than you on the second induction week.
    I was clarifying what was said, that there have been offers for April. Nobody said that offers had been concluded.

I'm not disputing that, and I dont have any more info than you on the second induction week.
    I was clarifying what was said, that there have been offers for April. Nobody said that offers had been concluded.

Ok, I just think anyone reading Carles puyols comment of "offers have already gone out for the April intake" (if it is accurate) would reach the same conclusion that April intake has concluded.
    I personally doubt it myself though for reasons mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Yeah guys there's still more than a month between now and the second induction week ,plenty of time for offers to come out ,so far it's only being the first induction week

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubj

There were more offers out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hendo98

dubj wrote: »

Where did you hear that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Blads

dubj wrote: »

Is that for the 8th again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubj

Hendo98 wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?

A friend of mine got an offer this morning for April just not sure for what date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

I never said they had concluded. I said some people on this site have received offers for April.
    Ok, I just think anyone reading Carles puyols comment of "offers have already gone out for the April intake" (if it is accurate) would reach the same conclusion that April intake has concluded.
    I personally doubt it myself though for reasons mentioned above.
    I don't think anyone reached that conclusion other than yourself.
    Saying some people received offers is not the same as saying that all the offers for April have gone out.

I never said they had concluded. I said some people on this site have received offers for April.

I don't think anyone reached that conclusion other than yourself.
    Saying some people received offers is not the same as saying that all the offers for April have gone out.

Last time on this before we settle to agree to disagree
    Your earlier post wasn't "some people on this site have received offers for April" but rather "offers have already gone out for the April intake" which would certainly lead anyone reading that to interpret it as April intake has concluded.
    What exactly is someone to think reading that.

As I already said I don't believe that's so and share the view of the earlier poster that with a month before the inductions it's all to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

What do people think. . .
    Is there another induction week? ie. another 100 offers or so to go out? ..
    want to see what people think

When I was down for fitness test there was chat that there was at least 50 places to be filled. I'm open to correction but from what I remember someone was told this at their sergeant/super meeting. So it could be a load of crap but I'm sure there are more spaces. For four weeks notice the offers would be out by next fri.

• Advertisement

I definitely believe so. There are PCTs planned for next week and I know ones who have everything done barring PCT so I expect them to look to draw upon a few of these in time for April. Still plenty of time on this, they've been known to call people within days prior to induction starting.

Advertisement