Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Esse,

I don't think it serves any purpose to continue this discussion here, especially as portions of PMs are being quoted out of their full context. You are not happy with your purchase - that is your right, but I would prefer if you had raised the issue with me directly at the time, as I'm sure any seller would. I have provided you with reasons why you may have perceived a difference in longevity between my bottle and your older batch - indeed, pointed out that such perceptions are in fact the norm with Aventus because it's been reformulated over the years. You seemingly do not accept these points - again, this is your right, and I am sorry that you feel that way.
    "sur what do I expect paying €50/60 for 50ml when it retails for €120 for 30ml"
    Its similar to buying soccer shirts from a website in Thailand for €20 and expecting the shirts to be of the exact same quality as the ones selling in lifestyle for €75
    I cannot let the above stand without comment though as it insinuates that what I provide is counterfeit, fake, whatever. I utterly reject any such accusation. The Aventus I provide is *exactly* the same as what is sold in BT or other retail outlets - it's just in a different bottle. It is produced by the same people, in the same production facility, to the same standard. It is purchased from Creed suppliers, with the documentation to match. Even the bottles I use for my splits are produced by the same company which supplies Creed with their bottles (Pochet, if you're interested). You think it's too cheap? Some splitters in other countries - who are perhaps a bit less concerned with presentation than I - sell it even cheaper! And theirs is the genuine article too! I reiterate my earlier offer - anyone from here is more than welcome to pop along and watch me decanting what is clearly the genuine article. I have already offered to produce purchase invoices for my supplies and I have so many empty official Creed decanters that I am literally giving them away - I'm not sure what more I can do to underline the authenticity of what I provide? My service allows people to experience the genuine article at a real world price, but I will not be the fall guy for Creed's decision to periodically alter their product.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm not sure if this is a fair comparison but I've been drinking tiger beer for a very long time the 500ml bottle tastes different to the 330ml one.

I know anyone who's drank both have agreed with me also.

is it possible with this? well it seems unlikely but you never know, maybe there's a slight difference that is almost impossible to detect.

really looking forward to getting this as I've never owned what is considered by many to be the best out there.

If this was being sold at 30euro per 50ml bottle then I think we'd have a right to be sceptical
    apologies for going off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Techno Snob

For what it's worth (for those that care) I used to wear Aventus a lot about 5-6 years ago. I got a few sprays of it while doing a bit of Chrismas shopping last December and it does smell a bit different from what i remember. The couple of sprays didn't last pissing time on me either. I will say though that some of my scents don't last very long on me in cold weather so maybe it was just me on that occassion as it was cold out. Creed have lowered their bottle sizes and upped their prices recently. So I wouldn't put it past them weakining Aventus to save a few quid given it's global popularity at this stage, as most lads probably won't care as long as it smells the same.

I bought different 4 scents from Pat last year (none of which were Aventus) and I've no complaints whatsoever. They're all the real deal as far as I can tell and I would recommend him to anyone considering buying from him. Bit of an essay there apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Esse85: really out of order posting contents of a private message on the public board.

Posting the part [now redacted] seems to me particularly nasty, and reflects poorly on you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Indeed. Esse85 I've removed that part of your post. It added nothing to any complaint you may have. Again do NOT post content from Private messages on this public forum. The clue is in the name; private and it's very much frowned upon.

PS Just to be clear: if folks have any issue I have zero problem with them posting that, so long as it stays within the Boards terms and conditions.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Robson99

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Esse85: really out of order posting contents of a private message on the public board.

Total agree. Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I’ve been using Aventus for a long, long time now.

I’ve bought many bottles direct from Creed, many splits from different suppliers all over the world, and I have to say Pat’s splits hold up against any, including from the Creed Boutique.

In terms of the overall service (communication, packaging, delivery, product, price) you won’t find better anywhere in the world IMO. It puts some of the more highly rated splitters on Basenotes for example, to shame.

Here's the latest Aventus split, decanted tonight from 2 x 250ml 17W01 - bottles filled, atomisers awaiting crimping. (I've partially obscured the labels BTW).

441666.jpg

Going out over the next while to the following members:
    irbx
    ajpmurph
    mailburner
    Louth Video DVD
    Tefral
    Dingle_berry
    Rossie11
    dedaw
    PaullyD
    Kaizersoze81

I had a whiff of the Anthracite recently. It's the oddest fragrance ever... yes it smells exactly like anthracite (coal!) Dunno what it's like on the skin though, I presume it changes when it settles.

I just tried one spray (in Debenhams) and was blown away! Didn't get much coal myself - more a mix of green and earthy smells. Best comparison I could come up with as Amouage Memoir buried under a couple of feet of soil! Needs a fuller workout though - which it'll be getting next week...

Please put me down for this when it comes in - I dont regularly follow the thread , would it be possible to PM me when ready ?

Very exciting

Which are you looking for - the Tuscan? I'll pop you a PM. It'll be a few weeks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I haven't been on this thread in a while but some very poor behaviour from a few posters.

I have gotten 10+ bottles from Pat and all have been top notch. No complaints regarding Aventus, seems perfect to me and if anything it lasts nearly too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Hi Pat,

I'd like to purchase a Creed Aventus please (50ml). First time using you (that sounds wrong!) so do I pay now or hold off? Happy to wait until your next batch if you don't have any to hand.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Soarer

Only complaint I have is that I'm spending a chuffing fortune!

Stupid Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Soarer wrote: »
    Only complaint I have is that I'm spending a chuffing fortune!

Stupid Pat!

I second that complaint lol

To paraphrase a conversation earlier in the thread

There would be the GDP of a small country sitting on your shelf if you weren’t buying from Pat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Vlach

Hi Pat, I would like to order 50 mls also. Please PM and tell me the payment methods . Thanking you kindly.

Creed Aventus

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

I'd like to purchase a Creed Aventus please (50ml). First time using you (that sounds wrong!) so do I pay now or hold off? Happy to wait until your next batch if you don't have any to hand.

Thanks

Vlach wrote:
    Hi Pat, I would like to order 50 mls also. Please PM and tell me the payment methods . Thanking you kindly.

Creed Aventus

Both fine. I have the stuff here already, but it'll be a couple of weeks as I'm running slower than usual at the moment due to injury. I'll send a PM in a week or so with payment details; delivery ETA early - mid March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Vlach

That's grand! Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Sounds good, cheers Pat.

Interesting post today on Basenotes from a longtime fragrance connoisseur:

" There was definitely a "toning down" of Aventus after about 2014 or 2015. They removed some of the oakmoss* content for sure and perhaps some other ingredients that I can't really pinpoint myself. The newer batches from late 2016 onwards seem to be quite stable. I get nose fatigue with them quite easily so it's good to wear these away from the nose (no chest spraying, etc) and to spray smaller amounts."

*Use of oakmoss (among other ingredients) has been heavily restricted in fragrances generally in recent years by international regulations (IFRA), with the aim of reducing allergy - type reactions in people to fragrances. Very controversial though, as many frag heads regard these 'allergic' reactions in others as, frankly, imaginary, and also feel that the regulations have decimated some fragrances by enforced reformulation. Having said that though, a quick flick through Basenotes would have you thinking every fragrance ever made has now been destroyed and that only the 'vintage' juice is any good.

You don't have to be justifying yourself to us fella.

There are literally hundreds of us that are delighted with your service.

• Advertisement

Creed Millesime Imperial bottled up tonight. Still a few bottles available if anyone wants some salty marine freshness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Hi Pat,

I'd like to make an order again - your PM inbox is full! (Maybe a mod can increase it for him?!)

Amouage - Beach Hut: 30ml.
    Terre d'Hermes parfum: 25ml.
    Creed Aventus for men: 50ml.

Many thanks Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Recieved my order this morning Pat, thanks.

It was quite an ordeal to open the packaging!

20180216_092731.jpg
    20180216_092746.jpg
    20180216_092846.jpg
    20180216_092858.jpg
    20180216_092913.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Creed Millesime Imperial bottled up tonight. Still a few bottles available if anyone wants some salty marine freshness!

aaaaaaaaah

go on add a bottle to my aventus for her and hermes order

and stop tempting me :P

That's the vibe I get from Viking. Is it similar?

Vaguely similar, although still different. To me, where Viking is very warm and rich, MI is a much cooler, fresh type scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Vaguely similar, although still different. To me, where Viking is very warm and rich, MI is a much cooler, fresh type scent.

This is spot on (just sprayed one of each on my wrist to confirm!) :pac:

Have the Viking, but personally wouldn't bother with MI because of that, though it is nice.

Pat, I know it's a bit away, but do you reckon you'll be doing Virgin Island Water during the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Pat, delivery received today. Delighted with my first purchase. Will be back for more, thanks!

Pat, I know it's a bit away, but do you reckon you'll be doing Virgin Island Water during the summer?

100% doing it, presuming enough people sign up! (I'm actually surprised so few have signed up to the open Silver Mountain Water split, which won't be going ahead as things stand).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Adding to what the guys said, I find Viking much more spicier and warmer then MI. Might be just me but it seems much stronger as well. I wear MI to the office a bit, but I find Viking a little strong for office wear.

Advertisement