Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    MD1990 wrote: »
    people going about ontimelines etc.

Thr truth is no one know the exact timelines as it is inconsistent. They had time to hide the body or get help.

The biggest giveaway in the interviews. No emotion at all.
    Gerry McCann coukd be a sociopath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxBiyVIhiU

7.40 is devious.

They're worried leaving the patio door open and bouncing into their children occasionally will be seen as justification to take the twins off them. All the character assessments I read of Gerry are pretty positive. If anyone was a sociopath it would be Kate. More likely though she was/is mentally ill and a bit self absorbed.

Payne also definitely the odd ball of the Tapas 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Something Else
    That would fall into number 2 but it doesn't make a difference because that theory also doesn't stack up.

Why not? There has been no evidence gathered to prove that either an accidental overdose or fatal assault did not take place in the apartment. Quite the contrary. There was clear evidence of the scene having been "arranged" in an attempt to make it appear as if an abduction had occurred. It is simply not credible that an abductor would not leave some trace of evidence behind them even allowing for the fact that the apartment had been contaminated before the evidence gathering process began. The removal of the body could have taken place quickly with the assistance of others - not members of the tapas 7 - who were already well known to the McCann's and would have had access to a nearby property with a deep freezing facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Who is "him"?

David Payne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

chicorytip wrote: »
    Why not? There has been no evidence gathered to prove that either an accidental overdose or fatal assault did not take place in the apartment. Quite the contrary. There was clear evidence of the scene having been "arranged" in an attempt to make it appear as if an abduction had occurred. It is simply not credible that an abductor would not leave some trace of evidence behind them even allowing for the fact that the apartment had been contaminated before the evidence gathering process began. The removal of the body could have taken place quickly with the assistance of others - not members of the tapas 7 - who were already well known to the McCann's and would have had access to a nearby property with a deep freezing facility.

I've been over this ad nausea. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Using your logic, I could argue that there was no evidence that Madeline had not been abducted by aliens. You have no evidence to prove this did not happen. You cannot ask someone to prove a negative, that's like saying prove God doesn't exist, or prove that Guinness doesn't cause cancer.

Btw there is no "evidence" as you call it of anything to suggest the McCanns did it. Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Something Else
    Because all other plausible scenarios have been ruled out which is why the police are focusing on the abduction. There is a list of possible scenarios

1. Abduction
    2. Murder and disposal
    3. Wandered off

2 and 3 have been ruled out which, that leaves us with option 1.

Wishfull thinking. Nothing has been 'ruled out' btw. Read the thread.

Is this a new poll lol?

• Advertisement

Something Else
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    Yes there are, it was confirmed by creche staff and other parents. They had gone out on boats on an excursion for the afternoon. One man in the documentary talks about Madeleine playing with his daughter on that trip.
    You can also view the signout sheet online that includes Kate's signature and a time stamp.

As well as that, the last recorded photo of Madeleine was taken by the pool that afternoon, at circa 2pm, which again was time stamped and verified. So she was most certainly alive, well and out and about until at least 6pm on the day she disappeared.

By whom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

gozunda wrote: »
    Wishfull thinking. Nothing has been 'ruled out' btw. Read the thread.

Is this a new poll or something?

Line of inquiry the police are currently following is an abduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,657 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Accident happened, parents hid body

Which they have ZERO evidence off and have had no real leads in 12 years ,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

...and we come full circle to the central truth of the whole matter, which is that there is no evidence that gives any indication as to what might have happened to Madeline McCann.

Can people stop continually misusing the words proof and evidence.

proof - evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth
    evidence - the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid

So proof is evidence which allow allows truth to be established and evidence is information or facts which allows us to establish the truth.

While there isn't much physical evidence there's tones of other evidence collected by the PJ. Every single piece of information collected related to the case is evidence. Which each individual can decide if they believe there is proof that any conclusions can be drawn.

Types+of+Evidence+Direct+evidence.jpg

• Advertisement

Something Else
    cnocbui wrote: »
    ...and we come full circle to the central truth of the whole matter, which is that there is no evidence that gives any indication as to what might have happened to Madeline McCann.

What OwlsZat said. It's unfortunate that nothing adds up on this case and is why as a crime where a child inexplicably disappeared, it remains that practically everything about the case remains under discussion.

What OwlsZat said. It's unfortunate that nothing adds up on this case and is why as a crime where a child inexplicably disappeared, it remains that practically everything about the case remains under discussion.

You'd have to imagine with the total lack of any information or the total lack of leads brought forward by anyone that it could not have been a gang or a ring of traffickers.

12 years on multiple arrests for this sort of things hundreds of people in gangs locked up for these sort of crimes and million of images and nothing on Maddie ever came up ,

Surely if it was gang someone arrested involved in trafficking would know something and could have used information as leverage for themselves , Even a person short on cash or had a falling out with people form that world could to use the information for the cash reward,

That would leave you to think it was one person (lone wolf ) or two people ( McCanns) anything beyond that some information would have surely come out of somewhere at this stage,

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Something Else

And yet after 12 years they still have how much evidence that this definitely happened?

Yeah, didn't think so...............

The evidence casefile has over 10,000 pages all available for your viewing pleasure at http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/

You should get familiar....

You'd have to imagine with the total lack of any information or the total lack of leads brought forward by anyone that it could not have been a gang or a ring of traffickers.

12 years on multiple arrests for this sort of things hundreds of people in gangs locked up for these sort of crimes and million of images and nothing on Maddie ever came up ,

Surely if it was gang someone arrested involved in trafficking would know something and could have used information as leverage for themselves , Even a person short on cash or had a falling out with people form that world could to use the information for the cash reward,

That would leave you to think it was one person (lone wolf ) or two people ( McCanns) anything beyond that some information would have surely come out of somewhere at this stage,

That did cross my mind. Particularly the way the photo of Rui Pedro post abduction is talked about in the Documentary. Have you done any digging in terms of how many of these type of rings have been bust in recent times.

There also was tip offs of various types, just nothing that could be found to be reliable. Could she still be captive. Now that's an impossible question.

https://www.her.ie/news/woman-freed-held-captive-abuser-10-years-377106

OwlsZat wrote: »
    That did cross my mind. Particularly the way the photo of Rui Pedro post abduction is talked about in the Documentary. Have you done any digging in terms of how many of these type of rings have been bust in recent times.

There also was tip offs of various types, just nothing that could be found to be reliable. Could she still be captive. Now that's an impossible question.

https://www.her.ie/news/woman-freed-held-captive-abuser-10-years-377106

Unfortunately there id imagine there is zero chance she is alive ,
    She is possibly the most famous abduction to ever happen on the planet with internet and Netflix and the likes, because of her of her distinct eye she would surely notice herself, or other people would notice her ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Something Else
    Everyone in this thread should really comprehend that the PDL priest has now come out and said that he feels the mccanns betrayed him !!! Why on Earth would he say this unless he has some fact that incriminates the mccanns but cause of canon law , he’ll take it to his grave

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

FATHER_PACHECO
    When questioned, he said he Never Heard their Confessions, perhaps because they only spoke English.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

*removed at user request*

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Something Else
    hawkelady wrote:
    Everyone in this thread should really comprehend that the PDL priest has now come out and said that he feels the mccanns betrayed him !!! Why on Earth would he say this unless he has some fact that incriminates the mccanns but cause of canon law , he’ll take it to his grave

What sort of priest would make such a statement, in any event? Like many other claims made by those associated with this case you would have to doubt it's authenticity.

• Advertisement

chicorytip wrote: »
    What sort of priest would make such a statement, in any event? Like many other claims made by those associated with this case you would have to doubt it's authenticity.

The priest was annoyed because he gave them a key to the church for refuge when he didnt know they were suspects. It has nothing to do with confession as he clearly stated afterwards. He just thought they were underhanded which probabaly they weren't. Possibly they pretended to be devout Catholics to try gain the public's support but that's the only possible conspiracy here.

Jane Tanner and David Payne are they the last suspects. Does anyone think these slips are Freudian?

It would also explain why Gerry and Jes don't see Tanner when she susposibldy passed them just as Madeline is abducted, why Gerry is annoyed with Jane when she places him and Jes on the wrong side of the path during the reconstruction and the pitiful attempt she gives at creating an efit of the supposed abductor.

https://youtu.be/z9mcOMnx0Kc

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Some thoughts on the whole thing:

Parents didn’t do it, would have been much more manageable to let her “dissapearance” come about in the middle of the night, why try stage manage that scenario when so many people about and less time to clear up / get head and story straight

Parents did lash a load of phergen or calpol whatever into the kids that night when all still fine, however not a “part” of the story for me

Robert Murat fully in the clear watertight? He’d fit very well according to any criminal profiler book I’ve read, stressor point in life (recent split up with wife)

Someone did go in and snatch her due to dissing parents absence each night. Perfect storm of misfortunate events.

Jane Tanner and David Payne are they the last suspects. Does anyone think these slips are Freudian?

It would also explain why Gerry and Jes don't see Tanner when she susposibldy passed them just as Madeline is abducted, why Gerry is annoyed with Jane when she places him and Jes on the wrong side of the path during the reconstruction and the pitiful attempt she gives at creating an efit of the supposed abductor.

Wow. Might be flipping again. Makes a clear case that the anesthetists may have covered up accidentally killing Madeline. Maybe Gerry was angry with Jane for placing him on the same side of the path as the window.

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2016/08/chapter-5-sedation.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I cam across this article in the Sun .I have no idea how factual it is but there are some good photos that give you an idea of the layout and the apartment .,
    There is one mistake on the apartment photo , it points to the hall door as being the door to the veranda .

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3915195/madeleine-mccann-case-could-be-blown-open-by-new-tests-on-inconclusive-dna-in-holiday-home-and-hire-car-expert-claims/

There are always discrepancies between eye witness in lots of cases.

For example

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

Martin Smith:-

— Concerning the facts under investigation, on the 3rd of May, he went with his family to the Dolphin restaurant in Praia da Luz where they dined.
    Around 21H00 they left the restaurant and headed toward 'Kelly's Bar'; about a 50 metre distance from the restaurant, following the path, as it is very short.

Aoife Smith :-

— Regarding the 3rd of May, 2007, she went, with all her family, to eat at the Dolphin restaurant, which is close to Kelly's Bar.
    When they left the restaurant, around 21H30, they headed toward Kelly's Bar. They stayed there for about 30 minutes.

— Around 22H00, they left Kelly's Bar. The group headed, on foot, for their apartment.

Peter Smith:-

— He would like to clarify that on the 3rd of May, he and his family went to the Dolphin restaurant, situated in Praia da Luz, where they dined.
    Around 21H00 they left the restaurant and went to Kelly's Bar, about one minute away on foot.
    In Kelly's Bar (he does not remember the name of the street it is on) they had a few drinks, having left from there around 21H50/22H00.

Aoife seems to be right

12_VOLUME_XIIa_Page_3257.jpg

Time 21.27.40
    12_VOLUME_XIIa_Page_3258.jpg

As for the Tanner description, I think she did pretty well
    Tannerman.jpg

Something Else
    There are always discrepancies between eye witness in lots of cases...

Please.

No one denies there can be inconsistencies. That is a given. Its the frankly crazy contradictions of Janes various descriptions of this sighting and the fact that this supposed sighting was not witnessed by Gerry or Jez who stood talking on the same street, who did not see her or the alleged man carrying a child. Strange that.

For a bit of balance you may wish to add Jane Tanners multiple accounts and many many inconsistencies regarding the description she alleges she saw that night carrying a child.

As for the e-fit drawing you provided above - This was produced by the McCanns private investigators much later and released on 26 October 2007 some 5 months after the event.

Interestingly Jane Tanner also identified Robert Murat as definitely being the same man who she saw that night, even though she herself has said she got only a side view....

Interestingly Jane Tanner also identified Robert Murrat as definitely being the same man who she saw that night, even though she herself has said she got only a side view....

Please

Can you present a reliable official link for where Jane Tanner said that.

She never said that.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/

Something Else
    *removed at user request*

Seriously?

First you might explain where you abstracted that very strange and bizarre commentary on the Gaspar police interviews

That any of that (in italics) frankly vicious misogyny can be attributed to a professional source is quite unbelievable.

Interestingly the source link you provide does NOT contain any of the commentary on said abstract. eg. 'Woman scorned' :rolleyes:

Can you present a reliable official link for where the detailed police man said that.

Would you be good enough to explain. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Seriously?.

Interestingly Jane Tanner also identified Robert Murrat as definitely being the same man who she saw that night, even though she herself has said she got only a side view....

I asked you for a link to the allegation you made regarding Jane Tanner - Robert Murat.
    Harangued indeed

You didn't provide it, so I will not be responding to you any more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement