Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Two missed approaches and is now diverting back to the UK. Noticed it as I heard the warble of an AN12 passing over.

Edit: Might be a glitch. 186 is the flight to London.

Where was the AN12 off to? I thought I heard something alright. I was in a lecture, so I couldn't investigate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Mech1

Two lifeboats and a uk SAR heli on the way to Kilkeel area

Marine traffic shows live map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Lots of antonovs in Shannon the past few weeks and another inbound tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Etiopian ET-502 Addis Ababa to Dublin squawked the 7's and descended rapidly towards Jeddah approx 2hrs ago. Not long after that, it climbed back to cruising altitude and is on its way back to Addis Ababa. Currently on approach and should be landing shortly

None the wiser about what this was all about

http://avherald.com/h?article=4c50ff6c&opt=0

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

None the wiser about what this was all about

http://avherald.com/h?article=4c50ff6c&opt=0

The AV herald report came about after the report here confirmed that the incident happened, but Ethiopian have "declined to provide further information" about the reason for the 7's squawk, the rapid descent and subsequent return to home base.

In the absence of any reports to a regulatory authority, there is very little confirmed information that can be added to the report that has been posted on the AV Herald site, and it seems unlikely that any of the relevant regulators will make an issue of the event.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another AN-12 should rumble over Dublin in the next 20 minutes or so. UR-CGV on its way to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Another AN-12 should rumble over Dublin in the next 20 minutes or so. UR-CGV on its way to Shannon.
    Ha - just looked at FR24 now to see if the distant buzz was an An... - yes, hearing it a good 6 miles south :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Ha - just looked at FR24 now to see if the distant buzz was an An... - yes, hearing it a good 6 miles south :D

Same as myself. Loud noise for a while over Dublin cc

Great sound of it passing over Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭stop

Up, over in D12 the missus was not happy with noise of it thru her earplugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭tb66

Just flew over house here in Nth Dublin.It was at 23000ft,I thought it had taken off from Dublin not just passing over!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I’m so glad in a flight freak
    I recognize that was a AN 12
    Some sound off it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

At such heights I'd imagine of course so!

Often get them flying over West Clare at much lower altitudes at night, not a particular nuisance to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

SP-ENL Who’s charter is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,981 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I was only thinking last night, how does that not drive the people living near Shannon mad??!!

I heard it clearly from well inside the house with the radio on while it was at 24,000 feet - I can't imagine what it must sound like when it's coming in at lower altitudes. (Really wish I could hear it some time though!!) And they always seem to come in in the middle of the night!

Maybe it's like living next to train tracks, you stop hearing it eventually.

Fabulous sound though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭billie1b

vicwatson wrote: »
    SP-ENL Who’s charter is that?

For the rugby match, good few charters in today for it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another AN 12,UR-CSI ,should rumble over the Waterford/Wexford area in the next 15 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I was only thinking last night, how does that not drive the people living near Shannon mad??!!

I heard it clearly from well inside the house with the radio on while it was at 24,000 feet - I can't imagine what it must sound like when it's coming in at lower altitudes. (Really wish I could hear it some time though!!) And they always seem to come in in the middle of the night!

Maybe it's like living next to train tracks, you stop hearing it eventually.

Fabulous sound though!

You genuinely don't even notice it. I've spoken to tourists around the area who ask the same questions.

An AN12 is Belfast bound. We may hear it in Dublin, and those further north.

Yep heard him loud and clear. FR showing airspeed at 100kts. Surely there wrong??

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Yep heard him loud and clear. FR showing airspeed at 100kts. Surely there wrong??

Ground speed I’d guess. Big westerly headwinds today, even at lower levels

• Registered Users Posts: 34,347 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Do EU noise regs not apply to these An-12s? Or is it only takeoff noise which is regulated?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,083 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Or is it only takeoff noise which is regulated?
    Only takeoff, sideline and landing.

Are they seriously that loud at 22,000 feet when compared to a C130 or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

smurfjed wrote: »
    Only takeoff, sideline and landing.

Are they seriously that loud at 22,000 feet when compared to a C130 or similar?

It’s more of a deep drone than high decibel.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Any private Jets from the US, heard the CEO of JP Morgan is in town

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Any private Jets from the US, heard the CEO of JP Morgan is in town

https://www.flightradar24.com/GLF6/1fc4f173

Gulfstream g650 flying west now. Looks fancy. i know nothing about planes though.

• Advertisement

Very windy night here in Dublin. FR4845 incoming from Milan has gone around

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement