Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

TK1969 and TK1997, both Turkish B737MAX aircraft flying to Birmingham and Gatwick respectively are returning to base in Istanbul, presumably because of the UK CAA's announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

fricatus wrote: »
    TK1969 and TK1997, both Turkish B737MAX aircraft flying to Birmingham and Gatwick respectively are returning to base in Istanbul, presumably because of the UK CAA's announcement.

Flights already in the air are allowed to continue, I assume they didn't want them grounded in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I would be fairly annoyed if I was a passenger on those TK flights.

Seems all TK 737MAX's are turning back to Istanbul, next to ground?

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/1105476716460498949?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

EI239 from Gatwick just did a go around and flew straight over my office in Phibsboro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

GM228 wrote: »
    Seems all TK 737MAX's are turning back to Istanbul, next to ground?

I can imagine the onboard announcement. "We're returning to Istanbul as this aircraft has been grounded for safety reasons. Please enjoy the remainder of the flight."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I can imagine the onboard announcement. "We're returning to Istanbul as this aircraft has been grounded for safety reasons. Please enjoy the remainder of the flight."

Or "We are returning to Istanbul due to safety concerns with this aircraft" :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Yikes, glad that I didn't choose TK for my flight home next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

A UKL AN12 must be diverting over London. A strange flight path, 2,775 feet, and around half way through it's journey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Trebor176 wrote: »
    A UKL AN12 must be diverting over London. A strange flight path, 2,775 feet, and around half way through it's journey

It's landing into London Luton...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Trebor176 wrote: »
    One buzzed over Dublin at teatime. It was a tiny dot up in the sky and the racket was insane!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Or "We are returning to Istanbul due to safety concerns with this aircraft" :pac::pac::pac:

They told the passengers that UK airspace was closed due to weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

EI387 (LHR-SNN) holding N/E of SNN. Presumably waiting for winds to drop.

Landed safely.

EI611 (Ams-Dub) had to go around. Landed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Ryanairs G-RUKA is currently operating FR4952 from STN-PEG. This afternoon it will operate FR701 from STN-KIR.

G-CIVT (Virgin Atlantic 789) currently en route as VIR835P LHR-SNN. In for maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

TVS202P

Boeing 737 Max over EU Airspace

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

G-CIVT (Virgin Atlantic 789) currently en route as VIR835P LHR-SNN. In for maintenance?

First 787-9 in for maintenance for lufthansa technik in SNN since they got approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I'm sure you meant G-VSPY. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

TVS202P

Boeing 737 Max over EU Airspace

Most likely a positioning flight with no passengers on board. These are allowed AFAIK.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Most likely a positioning flight with no passengers on board. These are allowed AFAIK.
    Yup, IATA rules vary for ferry flights vs passenger flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Tenger wrote: »
    Yup, IATA rules vary for ferry flights vs passenger flights.

Max 8's stuck all over the EU from the Canary Islands to Finland, so it would seem they aren't allowed to fly empty or full...

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Max 8's stuck all over the EU from the Canary Islands to Finland, so it would seem they aren't allowed to fly empty or full...

I hear the Norwegians in DUB will be moved to SNN for parking. Probably require a special ferry permit from the authority of the country a Max is in or plans to overfly enroute back to its base.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

BZ wrote: »
    I hear the Norwegians in DUB will be moved to SNN for parking. Probably require a special ferry permit from the authority of the country a Max is in or plans to overfly enroute back to its base.

Cheaper parking i'd say, but still can't see them being allowed to fly..

BZ wrote: »

They can't fly with an AD in place, it is essentially them loosing their airworthiness certification temporarily.

FAO the EASA AD:

https://ad.easa.europa.eu/blob/EASA_AD_2019_0051_E.pdf/EAD_2019-0051-E_1

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

GM228 wrote: »
    They can't fly with an AD in place, it is essentially them loosing their airworthiness certification temporarily.

FAO the EASA AD:

https://ad.easa.europa.eu/blob/EASA_AD_2019_0051_E.pdf/EAD_2019-0051-E_1

Single Ferry flight up to 3 cycles is allowed to a place where corrective action can be carried out if you read the AD

Surely the issue with them flying is they might come down on someone’s head.

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Single Ferry flight is allowed up to 3 cycles if you read the AD

Thanks, missed that!

• Advertisement

One thing I would wonder is, without knowing what the issue is and therefore not knowing what (if any) corrective action can be taken or more importantly where it can be done, then surely it is not technically possible to fly a non commercial to a place for corrective action just yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement