Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

So it’s an Amazon plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Furasta

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    So it’s an Amazon plane.

Amazon wet leases aircraft from Atlas so crew and operational certificate were Atlas. Some people are discussing ATC transcripts, discussed weather with ATC then 6 minutes later ATC asked if anyone had picked up a ELT transmission so whatever it was, was sudden and catastrophic. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Seventh fatal 767 crash out of 1,100 built.

Four of the seven were hijackings. Of the other three, one mechanical, one pilot error, and this one currently unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

https://youtu.be/0cn58iVuzBY

ATC from the crash

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR908 STN-ORK and BE4573 CWL-ORK holding at cork due to fog, which has been below minima for the last hour and a half with no signs of improvement, Infact it seems to be getting worse.

Current METAR indicates a general visibility of 150m, with the RVR's on both runway 16 and 34 at 225m. (300m required for CAT II ILS approaches.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Any idea of the fog is meant to lift later according to TAFs? Sister's due in from Malagasy later on.

Any idea of the fog is meant to lift later according to TAFs? Sister's due in from Malagasy later on.

The TAF says its expected to lift any time really since midday.

FR903 gone to Shannon.

Not much of an improvement in Cork at 2pm. Dublin down to a general visibility of 1200m, cloud base 200ft and RVR's starting to drop below 2000m. Still in CAT I.

EI3843 BRS-ORK joining the hold in Cork, with EI3805 EDI-ORK and EI3741 SOU-ORK not far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Just saw a plane head west from Kerry which I thought unusual..no trans atlantic routes that I know of! It's a GLF5 Gulfstream G550. Wonder who that might be?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

LX410 passed over Maynooth about 11.10 today with the gear down on approach. Any reason to have it down so early? In all my years looking up here I've never seen the gear down over Maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Just saw a plane head west from Kerry which I thought unusual..no trans atlantic routes that I know of! It's a GLF5 Gulfstream G550. Wonder who that might be?!!

That was the lovely N7325 that departed Kerry this evening. Google the reg for a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭john boye

tnegun wrote: »
    LX410 passed over Maynooth about 11.10 today with the gear down on approach. Any reason to have it down so early? In all my years looking up here I've never seen the gear down over Maynooth.

Same flight came very low over the Templeogue area on approach, much lower than they normally are at that point.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

That was the lovely N7325 that departed Kerry this evening. Google the reg for a photo.

That's the one! Been parked up behind for well over a week.. looks unreal with the sun shining on it

AN-124,RA-82077 currently on the way to Shannon from Cagliari.On the ground around midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Seamu$ wrote: »

Bank of Utah trustee are owners

Big wigs in for golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

AN-124,RA-82077 currently on the way to Shannon from Cagliari.On the ground around midnight.

This will wake up a few tonight, given it’s so still out. People of Middleton be aware :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm not complaining, but isn't it funny that lots of older jets like the DC-8, 707 and 727 had to be re-engined, hushkitted or retired, yet they didn't seem to be anything like as noisy in the cruise as the An-124 which presumably does meet noise regs?

Is it only takeoff noise which is considered?

There is no future for Boards as long as it stays on the complete toss that is the Vanilla "platform", we've given those Canadian twats far more chances than they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

I'm not complaining, but isn't it funny that lots of older jets like the DC-8, 707 and 727 had to be re-engined, hushkitted or retired, yet they didn't seem to be anything like as noisy in the cruise as the An-124 which presumably does meet noise regs?

Is it only takeoff noise which is considered?

Could be totally wrong but I think they operate under some sort of exemption, possibly because they serve a certain niche that isn’t easily available from other operators?

Edit: Old story on a derogation they were requesting to renew, presumably they got it.
    https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/european-commission-to-rule-on-antonov-an-26-operations-332149/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Thanks. It was actually the turboprop I was thinking of, not the An-124 like I posted.

There is no future for Boards as long as it stays on the complete toss that is the Vanilla "platform", we've given those Canadian twats far more chances than they deserve.

FlyDubai 737 Max 9,A6-FNC,off the west coast now on the way into Shannon for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Sisco14

A lot of holding at Dublin this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Looks like Delta 44 diverting to SNN and Lufthansa 6JA is diverting off to Belfast. Think the issue is the fog in Dublin but there’s no CAT II/III at the moment due to the works on the runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Also Icelandair 416 diverting off to Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

NH2013 wrote: »
    Also Icelandair 416 diverting off to Manchester.

It's a pity they can't divert to somewhere else on our island. At least then a bus can be arranged to get people to the intended destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

All of Pakistani airspace is currently closed due to the deteriorating situation in Kashmir, Indian air-strikes killed dozens of Islamic terrorists inside Pakistan yesterday and Pakistan retaliated by shooting down Indian airforce planes. The two Nuclear powers are on the verge of all out War. Pakistan has closed its airspace as a result. All of India will surely become nofly zone also if war does breakout.

The amount of planes flying over the gulf of Oman and the Northern Indian Ocean right now is phenomenal as carriers are already avoiding Syrian and Iraqi airspace. With Iraqi, Syrian, East Ukrainian and now Pakistani airspace all closed the journey to South East Asia gets alot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

theguzman wrote: »
    All of Pakistani airspace is currently closed due to the deteriorating situation in Kashmir, Indian air-strikes killed dozens of Islamic terrorists inside Pakistan yesterday and Pakistan retaliated by shooting down Indian airforce planes. The two Nuclear powers are on the verge of all out War. Pakistan has closed its airspace as a result. All of India will surely become nofly zone also if war does breakout.

The amount of planes flying over the gulf of Oman and the Northern Indian Ocean right now is phenomenal as carriers are already avoiding Syrian and Iraqi airspace. With Iraqi, Syrian, East Ukrainian and now Pakistani airspace all closed the journey to South East Asia gets alot longer.

Possibly the least of your worries if that goes hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

theguzman wrote: »

Today's BA flight to KUL will stop in Athens to refuel because of it and wont be carrying bags from World Traveler (Economy) passengers or any cargo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Today's BA flight to KUL will stop in Athens to refuel because of it and wont be carrying bags from World Traveler (Economy) passengers or any cargo

Not carrying cargo or baggage would make sense if making a longer diversionary route but when making a fuel stop its fairly lousy.

EI3229 GLA-DUB holding near Newry, lots of holding this evening as LVP's (Low Visibility Procedures) are in place at Dublin due to fog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

What's the deal with all the holding ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement