Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭roadmaster

There is a nice hum of an aircraft flying over the athboy area of meath at the moment, irs not shown on fr24

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Just heard a flight overhead - in bed so loud enough for me to hear! Propelled plane by the sounds of it. 01:30am and am in Sutton area. Any ideas? Thanks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

whodafunk wrote: »
    Just heard a flight overhead - in bed so loud enough for me to hear! Propelled plane by the sounds of it. 01:30am and am in Sutton area. Any ideas? Thanks
    Bioflight P68 OY-SNS. Departed Cork, seemed to do some surveying over Dublin Airport and is headed back to the UK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

marno21 wrote: »
    Bioflight P68 OY-SNS. Departed Cork, seemed to do some surveying over Dublin Airport and is headed back to the UK now.

Fantastic- thank you for the reply. I was very interested to know what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Jet2 757, G-LSAN,squawking 7700 just south east of Manchester.operating flight EXS918 from TFS-MAN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

An AN-12 Jjust flew over Dublin. En route to Toulouse from Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Reports coming in tonight of an aircraft crash yesterday Sunday 31st 2019 in Germany of an Epic E1000 LT, registration RA-2151G on approach into Erzhausen, Hessen, south of Frankfurt.

This same aircraft I believe was in Weston within the last 2 years, I can't locate photos. I believe its the only one or one of very few in Europe and Russia that was operating

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=223635

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/01/one-of-russias-richest-women-natalia-fileva-killed-german-plane-crash

I have followed this aircraft on FR24 alerts since it was in Ireland and it has covered some distance and destinations.
    I even got alerted today on this at 13:03 after it departed Cannes in France for it final destination.

RIP to the 3 souls on board including a VIP Co-Owner of Russian airline S7 Airlines and one of Russia's richest women.

If anyone can locate the images of this aircraft in Weston maybe the can post here, thanks.

Also, two police men responding to this crash died when their car hit another vehicle en-route.

476766.jpg

Photo Credit: JetPhotos/Wildfox

Edit - Found one photo Landing Dublin , 24 Jan 2018, Michael Kelly.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/38016434@N05/25005012037/in/photostream/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

Reports coming in tonight of an aircraft crash yesterday Sunday 31st 2019 in Germany of an Epic E1000 LT, registration RA-2151G on approach into Erzhausen, Hessen, south of Frankfurt.

This same aircraft I believe was in Weston within the last 2 years, I can't locate photos. I believe its the only one or one of very few in Europe and Russia that was operating

I remember seeing it in Dublin, very sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Recliner

This one's not having a good time of it..

Down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

EI630 Dublin to Brussels seems to be diverting to somewhere in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,573 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

ozzy jr wrote: »
    EI630 Dublin to Brussels seems to be diverting to somewhere in England.

Birmingham to be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭t8010789

EZY9092 London to Darlington, on its fifth attempt, little to no wind.
    ???

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lonestar1

t8010789 wrote: »
    ???
    Looks like its a training flight, something similar yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭t8010789

t8010789 wrote: »
    ???

It appears Easyjet use the airport to train new employees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Just enjoyed the hum of EI-FAT (ATR-72) on its nightly spin from Manchester to Cork. It passes directly over my house on its route each night. Could nearly set your watch by it. In our rural spot we get a select few overhead passes. 2 Ryanair routes and a few transatlantic ex Heathrow, but the turboprop is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Still getting into this Radar24 app any ideas what was happening today with G-GBAS is that the equivalent of a Sunday morning drive no particular aim just flying for the fun of it?

https://www.flightradar24.com/VOR05/2009c859

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Still getting into this Radar24 app any ideas what was happening today with G-GBAS is that the equivalent of a Sunday morning drive no particular aim just flying for the fun of it?

It’s a calibrator aircraft, verifying the accuracy of ground-based radio navigation aids.

Edit: The operator’s designator VOR, refers to one such type of navaid, and the aircraft’s reg GBAS refers to another (Ground Based Augmentation System)

• Registered Users Posts: 67,121 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Spook_ie wrote: »

Could be conducting a survey?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

15+02 Airbus A319 with Bundesrepublik Deutschland on the side on approach to Dublin now. Presumably with Merkel on board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

marno21 wrote: »
    15+02 Airbus A319 with Bundesrepublik Deutschland on the side on approach to Dublin now. Presumably with Merkel on board

Don't see it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Danish registered Star Air B762 out of Belfast (BFS), no destination displayed. Is this a regular for BFS?

https://www.flightradar24.com/SRR9052/200d0f66

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭ratracer

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Danish registered Star Air B762 out of Belfast (BFS), no destination displayed. Is this a regular for BFS?

https://www.flightradar24.com/SRR9052/200d0f66

It only went to SNN, an unusual hop?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

ratracer wrote: »

relocating for next cargo load, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

ratracer wrote: »

Believe it’s based at Shannon. It’s in and out every day anyway, and tends to be parked up there for a large part of the day.

Might be mixing it up with another cargo regular, but thought someone told me before it operates a contract for Element 6 industrial diamond manufacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Believe it’s based at Shannon. It’s in and out every day anyway, and tends to be parked up there for a large part of the day.

Might be mixing it up with another cargo regular, but thought someone told me before it operates a contract for Element 6 industrial diamond manufacturers.

Atlantic Aviation perform maintenance on Star Air aircraft at their facility in SNN so could be rotating out of service for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

faoiarvok wrote: »

It used to be a daily operation but they switched to a UPS 767 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭frankiebaby

Anyone know what's going on here?

Pei6XGzh.png

Updated flightpath
    JEfes4Kh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Anyone know what's going on here?

Pei6XGzh.png

Likely a test flight, would suggest DUB as a destination is incorrect though.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭frankiebaby

Would make sense - origin and destination now removed from the flight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Indeed it turned back just off the North West coast and now heading towards Wales it seems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement