Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

troyzer wrote: »
    Nope, just the beams. This is roughly what my view will be:

anonymous-20181118094258.jpg

The only difference is that I'm directly opposite this seat, so I won't be able to see either scoreboard.

Ah I've been there before, it's actually grand really. Thought it would be worse obstruction for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah I've been there before, it's actually grand really. Thought it would be worse obstruction for some reason..

The only bad seats in the stadium are front row on the south stand lower.

Awful seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

The only bad seats in the stadium are front row on the south stand lower.

Awful seats.

and the highest seats, i think they're row PP, at either centre, you might as well be watching from space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Using the app searching for a single seems to work out a lot easier than trying to do it on the browser for anyone still trying. Can't justify 120 quid myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Just got two separate singles on the app. Feel like I've won the lotto*! Search for 1 and then refresh a good few times was my approach.

(*If winning the Lotto involved paying more than you're comfortable paying when you know you shouldn't be spending.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Got sorted offline thankfully. Can relax without refreshing ticketmaster every few minutes at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Anyone know if you can bring a small ruck sack into the Aviva? Sounds like the weather is going to be awful on Sunday and tempted to bring a pair of water proof leggings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Anyone know if you can bring a small ruck sack into the Aviva? Sounds like the weather is going to be awful on Sunday and tempted to bring a pair of water proof leggings.

Nothing bigger than A4 officially. The Sandymount Hotel have a bag drop tent which is handy depending on where in the stadium you are

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭mike2084

mossy464 wrote: »
    Using the app searching for a single seems to work out a lot easier than trying to do it on the browser for anyone still trying. Can't justify 120 quid myself though.

Thanks for the tip re the app, I had been using the browser and getting nowhere, but downloading the app finally got me one for Sunday. Thanks to all here for the tips and advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Caranica wrote: »
    Got sorted offline thankfully. Can relax without refreshing ticketmaster every few minutes at last!

Good to hear you got sorted.
    I had 2 spare but have since found a home for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Lads, ticketmaster box office is outside Ballsbridge hotel, is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

fullstop wrote: »
    Lads, ticketmaster box office is outside Ballsbridge hotel, is that correct?

It's on the corner of Northumberland and Lansdowne Road, more or less at the end of Baggot Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 corkcoco

Tickets on pre-sale tomorrow for the wales & italy games in Sept ticketmaster.ie

This is for Supporters club members & Vodafone customers then on general sale on Tue / Wed I think

Returned corporate tickets.

looks like there were a good few empty seats there today

Just picked up two tickets together for France game on TM

I got offered two as well but they were corporate so too expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Duffryman wrote: »
    Well, ended up with a strange one ourselves with two tickets we got for Saturday through the Supporters Club ballot.

Basically, one of the tickets was for a seat that doesn’t exist.

They were for Block 131 (diagonally behind the corner of the pitch, at the Havelock Square/West Stand corner). Row M, seats 9 and 10.

We find Block 131 okay, go up to Row M, and then start counting seats in from the steps – they start at 15, then go 14 – 13 – 12 – 11 – 10, as you’d expect. My wife sits down in number 10. I then realise that the next one along is number 20, and after that, they go 19 – 18 – 17 – etc. There’s no number 9.

We double and even triple check that we’re in the correct Block and Row, and we definitely are. Then I go looking even further in both directions for a seat number 9, and there’s none to be found anywhere. And by that stage, I’ve very definitely wandered into Block 132 at one side, and Block 130 at the other.

I go to one of the stewards, he does the same look around, and is equally baffled. Then he calls another steward, and he can’t figure it out either.

They tell me to just take the next seat along from my wife (which is basically Block 130, seat 20 telling

Checked this today. Looks you were in the right section and seats. There should be no seat 20 there so I suspect the seat was damaged (as I explained earlier, the kids at Leinster games are jumping all over the place there) and numbered wrong when replaced.

I went to 131, M, seats 9&10. They are there and the rows above and below use the same sequence. Block 130, seat 18-19 then block 131 seat 9-10 etc.

The number 9 was brand new and there was no seat 20 so the error has been fixed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Checked this today. Looks you were in the right section and seats. There should be no seat 20 there so I suspect the seat was damaged (as I explained earlier, the kids at Leinster games are jumping all over the place there) and numbered wrong when replaced.

I went to 131, M, seats 9&10. They are there and the rows above and below use the same sequence. Block 130, seat 18-19 then block 131 seat 9-10 etc.

The number 9 was brand new and there was no seat 20 so the error has been fixed!

Well, there's that mystery solved. Thanks for that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

corkcoco wrote: »
    This is for Supporters club members & Vodafone customers then on general sale on Tue / Wed I think

I'm with Vodafone, how do I get access to the presale? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kb1989

Are the Premium Level tickets at the Aviva worth the extra €15?

• Advertisement

kb1989 wrote: »

Yep. Better bars, cleaner toilets, nicer area if it rains.

EDIT: Once you're not either in a far corner or in the south premium, where longside seats are better in the lower/upper tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭PMC83

kb1989 wrote: »

Honestly for these games probably not.

I got a set for 50 each, trying to get the cheapest I can for this game. Was at the world cup warm ups last time, and although fun, it will deffo be missing some of the bite of a regular season games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Poor enough selection of seats on offer in the presale today.
    I think I will hold off and wait for better seats to be released in the coming months .

Poor enough selection of seats on offer in the presale today.
    I think I will hold off and wait for better seats to be released in the coming months .

Cheap enough seats though. Got both of mine for €70.

Cheap enough seats though. Got both of mine for €70.

They are probably nosebleeds though ?

Agrh you got the 35s? Couldn't seem to find any! 50 was the cheapest

They are probably nosebleeds though ?

I don't mind that. As long as they're not in the north or south stand.

Which they're not.

Picked up two two-game packs for 260 but with my Ulster Bank account it works out at 195 which is just under 50 per game so am happy out for decent seats in the west stand.

Selection wasn't great at all.

I wish you could just pick your seats on a seat map, it used to always be the case, though with the recent explosion in interest it seems as if those days are gone!

• Advertisement

PMC83 wrote: »
    I wish you could just pick your seats on a seat map, it used to always be the case, though with the recent explosion in interest it seems as if those days are gone!

Seatmap should appear at 12, 1 hour into sale.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement