Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

ruaneg wrote: »
    Whats the best way to get rid of tickets nowadays? I tried adverts and donedeal but the ads were taken down pretty quickly.

Viagogo looks a bit dodgy. Ive paper tickets so I have to deliver them to the buyer? They are for the Wales match on Saturday, so time is short.

I accidently took the insurance cover, but it seems they dont make it easy to get a refund via this route.

Where are your tickets for? what section..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

ruaneg wrote: »
    Whats the best way to get rid of tickets nowadays? I tried adverts and donedeal but the ads were taken down pretty quickly.

Viagogo looks a bit dodgy. Ive paper tickets so I have to deliver them to the buyer? They are for the Wales match on Saturday, so time is short.

I accidently took the insurance cover, but it seems they dont make it easy to get a refund via this route.

toutless.com

Never let me down before.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

2 tickets for Block 509, decent seats so Id hope to recoup the money for them.

Thanks kuang1!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

x2

Toutless is class, used it many times since 2013 for mostly GAA games but concerts as well.

Always genuine people on it, they don't allow anything above face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Is the supporters club worth buying into for 6N tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Is the supporters club worth buying into for 6N tickets?

No. It used to be but its now done by a ballot to all members (even ones who don't opt-in) for a presale code (not even tickets) and I only knew of a handful of people who got a code and then got tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭testtech05

No. It used to be but its now done by a ballot to all members (even ones who don't opt-in) for a presale code (not even tickets) and I only knew of a handful of people who got a code and then got tickets.

I agree, I didn't renew this year after not one of a group of us managed to get even a presale code never mind a ticket. I had always managed to get tickets in previous years until the ballot was brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Cool, I'll just wait and hope for late release of tickets again, same as last year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

France vs Ireland away 6N tickets for 2020 on sale now

https://billetterie.ffr.fr/fr/node/608

• Subscribers Posts: 41,015 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

flights costs are mad ted !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

sydthebeat wrote: »

There's loads of ways to go to Paris, I've done it via Zurich in the past. Tunnel from UK, fly into regional city and train, fly from UK... Think outside the box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭blackwhite

EI have 5 extra flights on the Friday; and 4 extra back on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭PMC83

I've done this trip before, hold off on booking- the flights will come down in a week or two, always plenty of flights to Paris!

I can't remember the price but it was valentines weekend to boot! -it wasnt too bad though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

sydthebeat wrote: »

Direct yeah but there's normally good deals via Franfurt (Luthansa) or smaller provincial airports in the UK (cheap connection flights with Ryanair).

If you want cheap flights to CDG you literally need to book the same day the fixtures come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

€250 isn't that bad with Ryanair. Beauvais is a little out but not too bad.

I can't seem to buy tickets on the website. It keeps dumping me out when I try to checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I’ve booked flights to Brussels last weekend. It was €60 return to fly out on the Friday and back on the Tues. It takes just over two hours to get from Brussels Airport to Gare du Nord in Paris on the train so pretty substantial savings for relatively little inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

Out in Japan at the moment, looking for 2x tickets to the Russia game on Thursday.Finding it hard to get tickets for it, the RWC site is rubbish.

Not sure this is the place to ask but fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

Still looking if anyone can help!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Maybe try this thread, its the one with people who are traveling https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057836197&page=105

You could also try the likes of Killester travel or one of the package companies sometimes they have spares and will have people over there with their tours

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Isn't it so refreshing to be able to just log on, at your leisure, with no panic and secure your tickets for a major 6N game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Isn't it so refreshing to be able to just log on, at your leisure, with no panic and secure your tickets for a major 6N game?

Not for the union.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

And not to have to pay ticketbaster fees! More tickets seem to have been added today. Behind the posts for €40 (and no fees!) is a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

I know it's not the right thread, but would love any advice on obtaining QF2 tickets for Saturdays RWC game in Tokyo - flying out without a ticket atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

catharsis wrote: »
    I know it's not the right thread, but would love any advice on obtaining QF2 tickets for Saturdays RWC game in Tokyo - flying out without a ticket atm

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/showProduct.html?idProduct=309

Tickets on the re-sale site. Cat 1 though so expensive. About 340

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/showProduct.html?idProduct=309

Tickets on the re-sale site. Cat 1 though so expensive. About 340

That site has no availabiltiy for the game tomorrow.

Does anyone know of any other options?

I have a ticket for the Japan game on Sunday that I am willing to swap or to pay for ticket for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There was a Facebook page where a giant swap meet up was planned. Think it was Friday afternoon so you've probably missed it now.

I know my friends got sorted so there is hope. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Caranica wrote: »
    There was a Facebook page where a giant swap meet up was planned. Think it was Friday afternoon so you've probably missed it now.

I know my friends got sorted so there is hope. Good luck

It's in 2 hours so I will go to that. I could turn into a riot lol.

https://www.facebook.com/events/454737831916570/?active_tab=about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Thanks for posting this. That's my husband and dad's Christmas present sorted. Got 3 front row tickets in the second level for 75 each, no hassle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Any idea when 6N tickets go on sale? I was in the supporters club for last year but had no luck in the ballot for the England and France games. Haven’t heard anything yet about renewing or the ticket sales. Would be more hopeful of getting sorted this year with the extra game and not as high profile opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭PMC83

Redo91 wrote: »
    Any idea when 6N tickets go on sale? I was in the supporters club for last year but had no luck in the ballot for the England and France games. Haven’t heard anything yet about renewing or the ticket sales. Would be more hopeful of getting sorted this year with the extra game and not as high profile opposition.

An email is usually sent out late Nov, early Dec. If you haven't renewed I would do so, as they tend to lock renewals the week before the supporters allocation is released. That said last year was a bit of a disaster and it doesn't seem like many got tickets through the ballot at all.

Usually they will email you when you are due to renew, though I noticed that didnt happen this year, so worth checking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement