Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i was in dunnes last night. i saw a twin pack of Tuc on the specials rack for 2 euro. happy days i thought. i walked around to the next aisle and they had packets of Tuc with 100% free. so the same size as a twin pack. 1.49 euro. so then i was in the biscuit aisle and they had a sign up with Tuc w/100% extra free only 1.49. Except they had the twin packs for 2 euro not the 100% extra free packs on the shelves. this has annoyed me probably more than it should.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

inforfun wrote: »
    2 words that stop companies from nagging me to install\use their apps: Windows phone.

I need only one: clamshell. :D

My new windows 10 pc won't let me type a euro symbol. Pressing Alt-Gr+4 does nothing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Are you sure the keyboard is set to Irish?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My new windows 10 pc won't let me type a euro symbol. Pressing Alt-Gr+4 does nothing.
    New Home wrote: »

Press the Windows key and space....it'll give you the options available ENG (Ireland) is what you'd be looking for.

Meeting cancelled....7 minutes after it was supposed to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The shoulder I injured last year has been very twinge-y the past few days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I was reading about Forumla 1 on the internet

I used to be a big fan but haven’t seen a race for several years, probably over 10 years

There are two drivers with surnames Magnusson and Verstappen

I remember when their fathers used to race

Officially old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭AllForIt

TA: Receipts that fade.

I've noticed this a lot recently now that I think of it. Just went though a box of receipts, most I don't think I'll need again. But that's the thing with receipts, you never know if your going to need them.

But most of them as I went through them have faded. I don't know what it is but the paper used for receipts seems 'glossier' than they used to be. I suspect cheaper ink and paper is being used.

Actually, it's not that trivial if one needs it for a refund or whatever.

New Home wrote: »
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Press the Windows key and space....it'll give you the options available ENG (Ireland) is what you'd be looking for.

Meeting cancelled....7 minutes after it was supposed to start.

It wasn't set to Irish. I hadn't even thought to check that. I thought the UK keyboard layout also had a euro symbol. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

People that bump into you and then look at you as if you're at fault, queue-skippers, when chips stick to the side of the bag, people whispering conversations within earshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My brain seems to be malfunctioning today.
    Dom de dommmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People not taking responsibility for their own fcuk ups at work and trying to blame other people for it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Seanachai wrote: »
    People that bump into you and then look at you as if you're at fault

I was leaving my local Lidl a year or two ago and I spot the proverbial middle-aged, middle-class woman standing at the door, clearly oblivious to the fact that the reason it wasn't opening for her is because it's the exit. It opens for me and she barges past me, glaring at me like I'm the one in her way.

I'm untying the dog when she walks out 30 seconds later and back in through the right door. Gave her a big cheeky grin. Bint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Haven't been near a PC in days, and only use my phone for the internet in emergencies (I'm too old for that kind of carry-on).

I love this thread but there's no way I'm going back over 20+ pages of everyone's TAs. But now I feel as though I'm missing out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Kitchen being refitted at ATM so not doing great on the breakfast front having to stop at a local petrol station on the way to work for food. I sometimes get a coffee to go and the lady behind the counter is very nice and friendly.

BUT...please stop smothering your fingers all over the mouth piece while putting the lid on while talking to me.

I get that you are making absolutely sure it is on tight but Jaysus I am cringing up inside watching your palm and fingers rubbing the lid for 5-10 seconds...I have to put my mouth on that in a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

People not knowing the difference between coincidence and irony. No, it’s not ironic that Dermot Morgan and Frank Kelly died on the same date, it’s coincidental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

Just out from aldi.........woman in front of me had the carousel full with her stuff, the whole lenght...no bother with that......I had 2, yes 2 items in my hand and she looking at me....kept organising her stuff....no way was she going to say..go ahead there, you only have 2 items........come on ladies....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People posting cringe captions on Instagram pictures. One person has a picture of her by the beach with the caption “my heart belongs in the ocean”
    Well jump in then and spare the rest of us your cringy fcuking posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

People posting cringe captions on Instagram pictures. One person has a picture of her by the beach with the caption “my heart belongs in the ocean”

Or people posting bland platitudes that they swiped off Pinterest or wherever as IG photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

AllForIt wrote: »
    TA: Receipts that fade.

I've noticed this a lot recently now that I think of it. Just went though a box of receipts, most I don't think I'll need again. But that's the thing with receipts, you never know if your going to need them.

But most of them as I went through them have faded. I don't know what it is but the paper used for receipts seems 'glossier' than they used to be. I suspect cheaper ink and paper is being used.

Actually, it's not that trivial if one needs it for a refund or whatever.

The paper they use is heat sensitive and this is how it is printed. It fades fairly quickly. I have old rolls of this paper and if you heat it, say with the iron, it turns black but fades over time. Guess you could take a photo or scan it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

all I could think of was ... does she like fish sticks?

1xVw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sales people.

I've sent one company three different emails asking for a run down on costs and I keep getting messages from their sales person asking for a face to face meeting. I don't need a face to face meeting - I need a breakdown of costs to put into my excel sheet to compare with other offerings. Does she think she's going to jedi mind trick me or something?

At this point I give up - that company is not getting my business.

Dunnes 1ltr milk cartons. Always leak. Grand standing up but the minute you put them on their side, catastrophe!!

Yesterday the bloody things leaked all over the checkout. Poor lady on checkout seemed painfully used to it, wiping feverishly while scanning.

Had to reorganize my fridge and all to stand them up rather than pack them flat.

This is a national emergency people. Lidl and Tesco have normal cartons. Dunnes I’m really trying to stick with you and your lovely loyalty vouchers, but this spilt milk....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People posting cringe captions on Instagram pictures. One person has a picture of her by the beach with the caption “my heart belongs in the ocean†Well jump in then and spare the rest of us your cringy fcuking posts

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Have an interview on monday but can’t seem to really properly prepare for it. Hate having to try and find examples of how great I am.
    Can’t they just know it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Electric car evangelists, if it works for you that's great. I'm just not interested at the moment ok.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Have an interview on monday but can’t seem to really properly prepare for it. Hate having to try and find examples of how great I am.
    Can’t they just know it!?

Just don't do anything listed here!
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057959786

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

A friend posting on Facebook that she’s been with her boyfriend 9 months. Why? Who actually cares apart from you? I’m really losing patience with social media :p

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    A friend posting on Facebook that she’s been with her boyfriend 9 months. Why? Who actually cares apart from you? I’m really losing patience with social media :p

Maybe she's just about to pop one out and wants to make it clear who the baby daddy is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

All of my shoes are ripping inside, starting to fall apart at the soles or just unwearable because they are uncomfortable. Do I replace them? No. Why? Because I'm a gobsh1te!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement