Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Omackeral wrote: »
    "Kiera Knightly says she has her toddler Edie to thank for..."

This was the second item on the news bulletin at 7:30am

Look on the bright side , at least it wasn't Vogue Williams :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Injured my wrist boxing and now I'm getting weird nerve pains in my right forearm and hand. It's also going randomly cold and warm again in the same area.

Probably more than a trivial thing.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Last time I flew to the USA, it was on United, so check-in took well over an hour, and it was a good thing security was quick. This time I expected more of the same, so made sure I got here with plenty of time. Aer Lingus self check-in & bag drop took about three (3) minutes, security about the same. So now I have to hang around for over two hours, with just the US Preclearance to go - maybe ten minutes, if that. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 30,189 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your getting a sandwich/roll at a deli counter and they only butter one slice/side of the bread/roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Floaters.

At work I need to flush at least 2 sometime 3 times. It is a small office too so everyone either knows or thinks I have OCD. It's embarrassing humiliating.

Sorry to bring down the tone of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ta at sneezing when I’ve sinus pain. Feel like I have to hold my whole face intact so my brain doesn’t fall out my nose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Ta at sneezing when I’ve sinus pain. Feel like I have to hold my whole face intact so my brain doesn’t fall out my nose

Obviously this is not medical advice but get yourself down to the pharmacy and get some beconaise nasal spray. The instant relief it gives me when having sinus trouble is just amazing.

My TA is not been able to shake this damned cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Rebel Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Pedestrians walking across roads without looking. Sure, I'm alert and you're not going to get run over this time, but could you take some responsibility yourself?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Drinking coffee, going doing the wrong pipe and then the choke-cough while trying not to splutter regurgitated coffee all over everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Floaters.

At work I need to flush at least 2 sometime 3 times. It is a small office too so everyone either knows or thinks I have OCD. It's embarrassing.

Sorry to bring down the tone of the thread.

There's also the thing of when somebody has destroyed the place and if you don't clean up the crime scene, the person in after you will think it was you.

Seanachai wrote: »
    There's also the thing of when somebody has destroyed the place and if you don't clean up the crime scene, the person in after you will think it was you.

God yeah. I had that experience at a local petrol station a few weeks back. Unisex cubical.

I didnt even use the toilet and only went in to wash my hands but someone had completely destroyed the toilet and I knew there was a lady outside waiting.

So dickhead here had to get the toilet brush (thankfully there was one) out and start scrubbing...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

bnt wrote: »
    Last time I flew to the USA, it was on United, so check-in took well over an hour, and it was a good thing security was quick. This time I expected more of the same, so made sure I got here with plenty of time. Aer Lingus self check-in & bag drop took about three (3) minutes, security about the same. So now I have to hang around for over two hours, with just the US Preclearance to go - maybe ten minutes, if that. :o

Go and have a drink! International rules apply once you're in the airport, drinking at 9am is perfectly fine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Waking up feeling slightly anxious for no apparent reason

When your getting a sandwich/roll at a deli counter and they only butter one slice/side of the bread/roll.

tenor.gif?itemid=3433723

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

God yeah. I had that experience at a local petrol station a few weeks back. Unisex cubical.

I didnt even use the toilet and only went in to wash my hands but someone had completely destroyed the toilet and I knew there was a lady outside waiting.

So dickhead here had to get the toilet brush (thankfully there was one) out and start scrubbing...:mad:

What shocks me is the amount of people that exit a cubicle and just don't bother to wash their hands after. Or, they will head up to the tap and press it and then make a wiping motion with their hands without even putting them under the water. What the hell is that all about? If you are going to mimic washing your hands you might aswell just wash your hands and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Whehey!

People who never post on fb or Instagram but they have an appointment in the hospital and out of the blue they HAVE to 'Check in' just so we're aware that they have a hospital appointment.

OK.. Mary your in the hospital are ya? Ya alright hun 😑🙄
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

I remember 20 years ago in Corfu, I had read about the public toilet in the bus station...and all the guide books at the time stated you should never use them due to a "custom"
    Soooo... first thing I did was go look at the toilets.... basically... people stand at the door... crap into a bag..or hand!!...and fling it at the wall or roof...I didn't believe it until I opened the front door....
    I actually needed a piss...so stood in the street and peed in the door :D felt almost like a local..
    It's all gone now though...they knocked it and built a new one some years back and the tradition died.. thanks be to Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

/unfollows thread...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Alrighty then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

/unfollows thread...

Tut, tut, CH. Rookie mistake, reading this thread around mealtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You're right of course.

I really only follow this thread cos you hang out around here :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Le sigh.

I remember 20 years ago in Corfu, I had read about the public toilet in the bus station...and all the guide books at the time stated you should never use them due to a "custom"
    Soooo... first thing I did was go look at the toilets.... basically... people stand at the door... crap into a bag..or hand!!...and fling it at the wall or roof...I didn't believe it until I opened the front door....
    I actually needed a piss...so stood in the street and peed in the door :D felt almost like a local..
    It's all gone now though...they knocked it and built a new one some years back and the tradition died.. thanks be to Jesus!

Jesus Christ...

I had a similar experience on a train from Cairo to Aswan about 15 years ago which took 12 hours. I had a dodgy stomach as well which did not help and spent hours clinging to my seat with the sweats. I heard others say the toilets were a disgrace but the word disgrace in no way shape or form comes close to describing this- cannot think of a suitable word.

Bottom line is that there was no toilet. It was essentially a normal train toilet cubicle but with no actual physical toilet. Instead there was a hole in the floor and you could see the train track literally 2-3 feet below you whizzing by.

When I got to the door I saw a mother with her son who was about 5-6 and she basically had him standing in the corridor pissing into the cubicle on to the floor.

So it came to my turn and I went in but clearly my head was not right- it actually seemed okay for the first 1 second but what came at me was a Tsunami of piss as the train carriage rocked back and forth- the piss on the floor collected at one end several inches deep and then just came at you.

I was wearing sandals and with nowhere to go my feet were awash with 2-3 inches of Egyptian piss until it rolled back again. I manfully straddled the hole in the ground and had my piss.

Later on my stomach had enough I had an attack of the trots. Bang out of options I had to tackle the piss filled cubicle and squat. So poor me squatting over the hole in the carriage, clinging to the wall, piss washing back and forth over my bare feet every 10-15 seconds and then I started simultaneously dry retching due to the conditions.

I can safely say it was the worst journey of my life and a little emotional thinking about it- I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and I wasn't even hungover or drinking. What's more we were in first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Her good self went and got a screen protector for her phone paid the guts of €17 for it.
    Took it home and asked me to put it on...feckin thing was broken when I took it out.

I said I would return it when I go into town after work...I left the damn thing at home....and now it's raining....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mzungu wrote: »
    What shocks me is the amount of people that exit a cubicle and just don't bother to wash their hands after. Or, they will head up to the tap and press it on and then make a wiping motion with their hands without even putting them under the water. What the hell is that all about? If you are going to mimic washing your hands why not just wash your hands and be done with it.

Vile human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Goodigal

Martin Sheen's veneers in Netflix's Grace and Frankie - they distract me so much!!

Whehey! wrote: »
    People who never post on fb or Instagram but they have an appointment in the hospital and out of the blue they HAVE to 'Check in' just so we're aware that they have a hospital appointment.

OK.. Mary your in the hospital are ya? Ya alright hun ����
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There's a whole culture in Ireland surrounding illness, a lot of people are just sick. People that have been on the 'way out' for fifteen years, such and such has an ulcer and stents, people love saying the word stents, Mick got stents there last week......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I've just found out that there's going to be a professional photographer at the hen tomorrow, kill me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was waiting to pull out to the right from the exit lane of supermarket which involved crossing 2 lanes of traffic. Someone waiting in the filter lane on my left to pull into the entrance lane stopped to let me out. A kind gesture but since there was traffic heading out the main road in the lane beside them I couldn't go. I got a very wry look as they finally turned in when they realised I wasn't moving. Sorry, I don't feel like dying today!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement