Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

On a related note I have a very comfy pair of walking shoes ( adidas not a brand you'd probably associate with walking shoes) the soles are well worn and there's a hole coming in one of the uppers.They owe me nothing at this stage, lots of use.

I'd like to replace with the same but the sober blue colour of the ones I have has been replaced with a very bright looking blue or I can get a similar(ish) blue but they have feckin white soles (it's a walking hiking shoe not teens runners Gggrrr)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

When someone slightly too far in front of you holds the door for you, forcing you to do that awkward jog so as not to leave them waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

My secretary's 'trouser' days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

My secretary's 'trouser' days.

As opposed to mini skirt and stockings day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The smelly man sat beside me on the luas. Had to get off it was that bad. Gagging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went to the bank to lodge a cheque and it was closed :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Headache!
    Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Went to the bank to lodge a cheque and it was closed :rolleyes:

Any outside lodge atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

Clicked on something on Facebook a few weeks ago and being getting text messages since at a very expensive rate...fecking scumbags....pocket a lot lighter ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My clothes smelling like the Chef's special after being in the canteen at lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

This Lady Gaga-Bradley Cooper 'did they/didn't they' saga. Celeb gossip is undoubtedly the lowest form of news.

Besides, I'm surely not the only one who thinks the whole thing is off-putting. Bradley Cooper as the director, and by dint the casting agent I assume, hardly picked Gaga solely for her acting chops. And the fact she split from her fiance recently hasn't gotten the same negative reaction had the shoe been on the other foot and man ditched the woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Headache!

Any outside lodge atm?

Nope, just the usual withdraw one :(

This week was reading week for my English modules in college, so I’ve had very few classes this week. TA at myself for getting fcuk all done all week, even though I obviously needed the time to rest as I’m shattered, but still. I bought a book today that I need to have read by Monday (fat chance!) in an attempt to feel like I’ve done something at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The smelly man sat beside me on the luas. Had to get off it was that bad. Gagging.

That's why gas masks should be made mandatory on public transportation tbh. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was reading the Ariana Grande thread clicked page 2 'invalid thread' How the hell did that happen, no one told me it was removed, why?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When I'm going for a piss and it comes out in two different directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Not mildly annoying but a full-blown disaster: I have this really seasoned pair of Doc Martens, probably 10 years old. It's from before the quality dipped and they'd last you forever. They're perfect in every way, worn in and the most comfortable boot ever (side note: me without a pair of black leather boots is a rare sighting).

Now one of the zips broke. I brought it to 2 places and it seems that's not really possible to repair. I'm devastated.
    Especially since I'm going to the States in 10 days and I didn't even think of going without them.

TF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?! It's like a small part of me died.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bring them and see if someone can repair them there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

New Home wrote: »
    Bring them and see if someone can repair them there? :)

I've been to two places already, the first one wouldn't have the tools to replace the zip since it's sitting directly on leather and the other place gave it a quick fix but they said it probably won't last.
    It's a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

As opposed to mini skirt and stockings day?

Yes.

Well black mini skirt and tights to be exact.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

LirW wrote: »
    I've been to two places already, the first one wouldn't have the tools to replace the zip since it's sitting directly on leather and the other place gave it a quick fix but they said it probably won't last.
    It's a disaster.

I meant in the States. :) Unless the leather itself is badly damaged, if they have a decent sewing machine it's a pretty standard procedure to replace a zip, and there's nothing odd with the zip sitting directly on leather, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

When I'm going for a piss and it comes out in two different directions.
    You should be in the circus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Posters, invitations, event notices with incorrect day and date combinations.

i.e. saw one for Saturday 8 March 2019.

Friday is the 8th, Saturday is the 9th.

If they can't get that right.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA, been on the receiving end of smart victim blaming from people who could help and suggest things they know aren't feasible.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sinus pain so bad I feel like my teeth are going to fall out

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Sinus pain so bad I feel like my teeth are going to fall out

Iradio were talking about a man who had sinus pain and a stuffed nose and went for a CAT scan and it turned out he had a tooth growing in his nose. So there you go!
    Apparently they have a photo on the website but I didn’t want to look.

TA at hangnail. My finger has a heartbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA I can't unread Muffins post :eek:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People giving me fawning recommendations of what series I should watch.

Settle down, nothing is that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

"Kiera Knightly says she has her toddler Edie to thank for..."

This was the second item on the news bulletin at 7:30am

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Facebook has replaced my feed again with a button to 'find friends'. Can't see any option to ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Bredabe wrote: »
    TA, been on the receiving end of smart victim blaming from people who could help and suggest things they know aren't feasible.

The phrase "victim blaming" irritates me. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, and I'm not defending it, but it just gets up my nose a bit.

Thinking about it, there's lots of new-ish phrases that annoy me. Snowflake, Millennial, SJW, PC Brigade......... there seem to be so many phrases that people use (particularly on-line) as insults, which I'm sure seem clever and witty to the user, but are actually rubbish insults (I'd have much more respect for someone who called me a "Commie C*nt" than a "Libtard", for example).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

*THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP*

ALL FECKIN DAY LONG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement