Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

inforfun wrote: »
    1. The 1st traffic light i have on my commute remains red for at least another 2 minutes when you arrive.
    2. The complete and utter idiot who didnt stop at the line, and thus on the sensors in the road, at above traffic light so the light probably would still be red now if i hadnt get out of my car to point it out to the ****wit.

This happened to me at a humpbacked canal bridge in deepest Offaly. I'll forgive the driver as they were French tourists. But as the lights changed the fcukers behind nearly drove over me as I was trying to get back in the car.:mad:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Leaving the house without my car keys. Probably won't be able to get too far without those!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Group exercises

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

seeing someone spell ad as add, twice.

once, okay, it's a typo. twice, you actually think it's spelled that way and I can't understand why. there's only one d in advertisement like

People who have little to worry them !

SAMTALK wrote: »
    People who have little to worry them !

...isn't that the point of the thread...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

...isn't that the point of the thread...?

yes !

My TA is his TA ! Ok with you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Road works :mad:

SAMTALK wrote: »
    yes !

My TA is his TA ! Ok with you ?

biggrin.png Ok, I get ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

RMAOK wrote: »
    Road works :mad:

There seems to be a mania for ripping streets at the moment and for using traffic control lights that take a geological age to go from red to green.

The uptake of VIRTUE SIGNALING as a hobby & national pastime amongst millenials although not confined to this age group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who leave the plastic ring on a jug of milk after they've opened it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ignorant people who barge into you and just expect you too move out of the way for them, not happening love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

"Noy". It absolutely drills through my brain. I just cannot listen to any Nordie accent. Painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Got the windscreen replaced on the car a month or so ago. Like a new car!

Driving behind a quarry truck earlier, and even keeping my distance, I saw a rogue stone bounce out of the trailer and careen into my lovely new windscreen. Only left a minute scratch, but now of course I cannot take my focus off the mark when I am driving.

Those mini buckets you sometimes get chips with a meal in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Can I go home to bed please...
    My sinuses are acting up and I feel sh1tty.
    How can ones nose be dry and runny at the same time?
    The left side of my face feels like I got a belt of the butt end of a shovel. I sneeze, it hurts. I cough..it hurts...

BLEHHHH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,204 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I wanna go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Served on a slate or a chopping board. Prententious hipster sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Gwynplaine wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeWantPlates/

TA: Wisdomtoothache

• Registered Users Posts: 30,291 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People may late late twenties who share meme about it being great when they were a teenager because there was no mobile phones or social media. When i fact there was and they had/used them.
    Also when they share memes about being about to into the shop and buy crisps, a can of coke, a bar of chocolate, loads of penny sweets and still have change out of 20p!

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »

I'm not in anyway a germ freak but apart from looking silly, I'm not entirely convinced of the cleanliness of them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeWantPlates/comments/at42s0/plates_have_buckets_many_buckets/

Getting weird looks here after i gave my monitor a new look. Opened dat link while drinking some coffee. Wasnt a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The fact that we need to know that Arwen Foley is wil' tired cos she has young kids.

https://www.independent.ie/life/family/mothers-babies/youre-exhausted-all-the-time-aa-irelands-arwen-foley-says-parenting-is-like-being-a-manager-37842938.html

Like she's the first person to have kids and be tired.

"you're exhausted all the time" - well d'uh. F off Arwen.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭the rock29

Stupid people who keep paying with card holding up other people ever hear of cash

• Registered Users Posts: 40,204 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that i am now aware of somebody called Arwen who has children called Beren and Nala.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

TA'd that i am now aware of somebody called Arwen who has children called Beren and Nala.

Must have thrown Scrabble tiles on to the floor and made a name out of whatever way they fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

NIMAN wrote: »
    Must have thrown Scrabble tiles on to the floor and made a name out of whatever way they fell.

Arwen and Beren are both from Tolkien. Nala is Swahili for "Gift". But I suspect was just lifted straight from The Lion King :pac:

Actually, there's a related TA - a neighbour of mine named their dog Simba. Simba is literally Swahili for "lion", why would anyone call their dog that???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just got whistled at by a group of travellers. Not sure whether to be flattered or offended but sure we’ll take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

It's my sister's hen this weekend. We're not close and I haven't seen her for four months. I'm absolutely dreading it. My aunt and my cousin will be there and they are the types to be botoxed and false eyelashed and hair extensioned to the max, and they look down their noses at everyone, it's all about who you know and your career trajectory with them. I am a fat ugly mess who is staying with my parents and currently unemployed. I would do anything to get out of this night. My sister wouldn't even give a sh1t if I went or not but my mother would be put out if I didn't. I have a chest infection and I'm sorely tempted to be too sick to go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Succubus_ wrote: »
    It's my sister's hen this weekend. We're not close and I haven't seen her for four months. I'm absolutely dreading it. My aunt and my cousin will be there and they are the types to be botoxed and false eyelashed and hair extensioned to the max, and they look down their noses at everyone, it's all about who you know and your career trajectory with them. I am a fat ugly mess who is staying with my parents and currently unemployed. I would do anything to get out of this night. My sister wouldn't even give a sh1t if I went or not but my mother would be put out if I didn't. I have a chest infection and I'm sorely tempted to be too sick to go.

No you're not!
    Living rent free!

You are between jobs and changing career trajectory!

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement