Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening - Nintendo Switch

Options
  • 13-02-2019 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_U-_XfDGgDw
    Originally released for the Game Boy™ system more than 25 years ago, one of the most beloved games in the Legend of Zelda series returns. In this modern re-imagining, players once again return to the mysterious island of Koholint to guide Link on a perilous adventure. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening arrives exclusively on Nintendo Switch in 2019.

I absolutely love this game, the original that is, and I already love this remake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Same. It was my first ever Zelda game. I cannot wait. It looks amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

I'm glad they did this and not a link between worlds which I have on 3ds. It's especially something new and fresh for me as I've never played the original, plus the art style is stunning. Plus it can be played in hd on a big bloody screen :):):) A first for top down Zelda I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭plibige

One of the few Zelda games i've never played so delighted with this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Played the DX version rerelease on the 3ds but Christ, that looks like a clay model came to life, it's gorgeous. My amiibo sense is tingling.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Links Awakening DX was the first Zelda game I owned, on my GBC, and I absolutely loved it! Was actually my first GBC game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

As much as I want to play BotW, I couldn't justify buying a Switch. Now however...

My first Zelda game also, in fact the first game I bought for my Gameboy (had other games that game with it) and one I still play regularly. Now if only they'd port Metroid 2 to the Switch as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Adyx wrote: »
    As much as I want to play BotW, I couldn't justify buying a Switch. Now however...

My first Zelda game also, in fact the first game I bought for my Gameboy (had other games that game with it) and one I still play regularly. Now if only they'd port Metroid 2 to the Switch as well.

BOTW itself has justified me buying the switch before Xmas. Brilliant game with so much to do

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had it on release on the OG Gameboy and only got the DX version in recent years.
    Cidonalad has finished it and assures me it's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Think I played it on a friends Super Gameboy for the SNES first, then beat it on an emulator about 15 years later. Cracking little game, in my top 5 Zeldas id say, along with Link to the Past, Between Worlds, Breath of the Wild and Wind Waker. As has been noted, the animation style is incredible, youd nearly expect Ardman or Pixar to appear in the credits. Hopefully theyll add some similar bonus features to Link between Worlds like a tower of enemies, possibility of facing off against other players Links in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They were able to seamlessly add a new dungeon on the GBC DX version, so I assume that one will be here too.
    Another few surprises wouldn't go astray!

Anyone who watches/listens to NVC on IGN will know that Links Awakening is one of Brian Altano's favourite games of all time. His live reaction says it all. Wait for his last line - it's a doozy! :D

https://twitter.com/MaxScoville/status/1095817049522135040

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He'll be sitting with a huge grin on tonight's NVC.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening GB/GBC compared with Switch remake
    tumblr_pmw75x1oo71qzp9weo9_640.jpg

tumblr_pmw75x1oo71qzp9weo10_1280.jpg

Check out the link below for more comparisons.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/182793404937/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-gbgbc

[COMPARISON] Zelda Links Awakening | Gameboy VS. Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uLa6vePsI_s

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The attention to detail (compared to original) is fantastic. Looking at that screenshot, the grass is in the same formation, the dog in the background and the wooden stakes are the same too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm relieved they aren't doing a multiplayer Zelda.
    Link's Awakening is likely the only Zelda handheld games Nintendo would remake; shame as I really enjoyed Minish Cap, Oracle of Seasons/Ages but Capcom developed all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Mr E wrote: »
    The attention to detail (compared to original) is fantastic. Looking at that screenshot, the grass is in the same formation, the dog in the background and the wooden stakes are the same too.

Yeah but the flower is on the wrong side of the path so game is ruined, Nintendo is doomed/Switch is a piece of ****/going to have to sell out to Sony or Microsoft now!!!

Have already seen lots of hate at the artstyle.....hrm, a zelda game focusing on islands, the ocean, wind with a softer artstyle thats causing people to foam in rage...why does that sound so familiar :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Mr E wrote: »

I'd love if that meant they included the ability to switch between new graphics and classic graphics on the fly like Dragon Quest XI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I wish 2019 wasn't so vague. I needs this now. The more I'm thinking about it, the more I want.

Zelda: Link's Awakening Graphics Comparison (Nintendo Switch vs Game Boy)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mctma5_Z7G0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would imagine it would be a crime against humanity if the entire lexicon of 2D LoZ games didn't get this treatment, from the original to LttP, from Minish Cap to the Oracle games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I bought the original on the 3DS this week! Haha. Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Insta-purchase really, what else is there to say.

I think I got the DX version free on 3ds for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Love the whole toy diorama look they went with this.

We know what that game is now. Hopefully there's more unannounced titles as big as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Looks amazing running into that damn book shelf and killing those three critters in the right order can't wait to buy this should be back in the switchman group very very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm not saying I'm not getting it, and I'm not saying it won't be amazing...

but I'm not sure about the style of it.

I'm not saying it's bad. Just doesn't do it for me. For now. Maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Having previously watched this on my phone. It looks even better on a big screen. :) Need to bloody get back and finish link between worlds now. And then link to the past :) before this hits. Too many games. Too little time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think I got the DX version free on 3ds for some reason.

I think it was part of the 3DS ambassador programme thingy

I wasn't an ambassador. Think they just gave it and Mario dx away for some reason.

Watching the new NVC mainly to hear Brian. Barely mentions it. :)

• Advertisement

Zelda: Link's Awakening ANALYSIS - Reveal Trailer (Secrets & Easter Eggs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIF34VIMaHE

Given that there were additions to the DX version of the game, I hope that this remake likewise has additional content and significantly so. As Zelda games go, it's one the shortest adventures, particularly so in terms of 100% completion(~16 hours).

Advertisement