Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening - Nintendo Switch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

uchimata83 wrote: »
    I expect this to be patched first as it was evident from previews a few months back. The options screen is remarkably bare too. The quality of life updates are great but it definitely could have done with a little bit more refinement

Thinking they had a hard release date for this because of the switch lite. Also, it doesn't work with the d pad, Is still a lovely game. Love the revolving doors in the dungeons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

Possible bug here. Marin had never moved from her house for me. I have the ocarina, I'm trying to wake the walrus but she's still back in her house. There's now a letter saying "I'm at the beach" but she's standing in the room there. When I go to the beach, she's not there. Anyone have any idea what to do here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

sok2005 wrote: »
    Possible bug here. Marin had never moved from her house for me. I have the ocarina, I'm trying to wake the walrus but she's still back in her house. There's now a letter saying "I'm at the beach" but she's standing in the room there. When I go to the beach, she's not there. Anyone have any idea what to do here?

What does the phone shack guy say if you go there?

LLMMLL wrote: »
    He tells me to go to the Yarna dessert for the Angler key.

How far are you in the trading quest? Doing the Tarin trade might move things along?

• Advertisement

How far are you in the trading quest? Doing the Tarin trade might move things along?

Scratch that. Seems a few people are.encountering this issue. Probably a bug.

Scratch that. Seems a few people are.encountering this issue. Probably a bug.

I can't find anything about it online. I have the fishing hook so far on trades. Might just start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

There's a thread on reddit about that bug here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

This games legacy is you have to kill enemies in a specific order or you are stuck maybe people are overlooking certain directives.

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    There's a thread on reddit about that bug here.

This is exactly it, thanks. She never left her house at the very beginning to go to the rooster vane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

One QoL update they didn’t do was not to remind me every damn time I pick up a acorn or pyramid about what it does. It was irritating then, it’s more so now.

That said, more or less done with the game. Memory serves me too well, and I flew through it. Little bit of extra stuff with the extra seashells to get the sword, but I’m just at the egg now, so it much left in it. Hopefully the ending got the full anime treatment that intro got.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

conormario wrote: »
    It's a lovely game so far for me. Haven't played it before so it's all new to me. Characters, animation, lightning, music, effects, puzzles, combat, pace all great. Has a great feel to it. Smile on face kinda game.

I don't understand the frame rate drops at this price and for relatively simple top down game play (e.g. compared to fully 3d, super polished Mario odyssey). Nintendo should have done this in house with their custom game engines or license those out to their second parties. Hopefully they patch it soon.

I don't feel this game should have been €60, €40 would have been fair, given it's a remaster of a 25+ year old small, short game and the very little extra content they added. Even the amiibo implementation is half-assed to say the least. The Chamber Dungeons isn't a modicum of a fraction near as good or fleshed out as Super Mario Maker, it's a bare-boned feature. I love the original, it's my handheld game of all time, but it still doesn't excuse it.

Anyway, onto my main point. There is a partial solution for the framerate dips. Use the internal memory of the Switch.

Zelda: Link's Awakening Has A Frame Rate Problem But There Might be a Fix...Sort Of! (Tech Analysis)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UnckUk830HA

Yep. Way overpriced. Maker 2, kart, odyssey ... all 20% ish cheaper on Amazon UK right now. Plus Microsoft releasing Ori and Cuphead for 20 quid on Switch.

Also, strange it's going free with Switch lites from Curry's. Methinks Nintendo chancing their arm on the goodwill from BOTW. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Yep. Way overpriced. Maker 2, kart, odyssey ... all 20% ish cheaper on Amazon UK right now. Plus Microsoft releasing Ori and Cuphead for 20 quid on Switch.

Also, strange it's going free with Switch lites from Curry's. Methinks Nintendo chancing their arm on the goodwill from BOTW. :)

Old games 20% cheaper than game released 2 days ago. Really??

Old games 20% cheaper than game released 2 days ago. Really??

Maker 2 is new. Ori, Cuphead, Links Awakening all old games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Zelda Link's Awakening Day 1 is looking to be bigger than Mario Maker 2 Day 1 in sell through in the US. Marking the biggest Nintendo launch of 2019 to date

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1175498150032883713

It'd be great if they returned to form with these style zelda games going forward over botw2

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone else notice slowdown at the swamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Maker 2 is new. Ori, Cuphead, Links Awakening all old games :)

Maker 2 is at least 2 months old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone else notice slowdown at the swamp?

Yeah, once very ropey one time I went through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

Really enjoying this game, played it most of the whole weekend and probably about at 70% completion as i am hunting for magic seashells, doing trades and played the color dungeon. Great game, it's mind boggling to think that the actual gameplay was designed in 93 and we never see anything as good as this type of gameplay nowadays!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

bada_bing wrote: »
    Really enjoying this game, played it most of the whole weekend and probably about at 70% completion as i am hunting for magic seashells, doing trades and played the color dungeon. Great game, it's mind boggling to think that the actual gameplay was designed in 93 and we never see anything as good as this type of gameplay nowadays!!!

Agreed!! If this game was being made now, there would be loot boxes for Link's extra abilities and any of the dungeons after number 4 would be DLC. At least in 1993 when you bought a game, you bought the FULL game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone going for a no deaths run through in order to get the best ending? I was going to but then decided I want to just enjoy the game and not be constantly managing game saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I've 5 dungeons down, and haven't died yet, it seems easier than 1993 me remembers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I know the game well so I'm playing Hero mode - I can say the opposite. It's a good challenge. My first death was the mid-dungeon boss on the second dungeon (and I've died a few times so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Never played before, loving it, just completed second dungeon and only died due to dodgy builders and collapsing floors, none in combat .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just got my copy in the post from The Game Collection. Gonna dive into this tonight. Currently in the middle of playing Link to the Past for the first time ever on Switch and love it.

Edit: Just opened it. Completely forgot this came with the keyring and poster. Added bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

sweetie wrote: »
    Never played before, loving it, just completed second dungeon and only died due to dodgy builders and collapsing floors, none in combat .

Those cowboys are at it again, thinking they can fool us with their handiwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anyone going for a no deaths run through in order to get the best ending? I was going to but then decided I want to just enjoy the game and not be constantly managing game saves.
    Theres a no death ending? I got no deaths on my play through. Didn’t notice anything extra versus the game boy ending

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

chrislad wrote: »
    Theres a no death ending? I got no deaths on my play through. Didn’t notice anything extra versus the game boy ending

Yep there is. It's only a small change but there is an additional part if you do.

• Advertisement

Just a quick update about the issue I had with the game bugging out halfway through, I contacted Nintendo. This was their response:

We are sorry to hear that this happened to you, however, in this case, all we can do is to try and pass this case as feedback to verify what can be done, however, we cannot promise that you will receive a response in regards to this.

We would also advise to look at online forums to see if there is any resolution in regards to this.

In the meantime we wish you a great day.

Should you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards & Happy gaming.

I've already restarted and completed the game since I had the Marin issue. Got the no death ending.
    I adore the Zelda games, have played all the originals but €60 was very steep for this short but beautiful game.

Advertisement