Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening - Nintendo Switch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Anyone know how long I have to pick up a pre ordered game in GameStop? Am away this weekend, won't be able to pick it up till Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Give them a call in the morning and say you'll be in on Monday shouldn't be an issue

Sold my unplayed Astral Chain for €40 so that m getting this on Friday can't wait to play it now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Hopefully it does well enough that we see more of the older Zelda games get the same treatment. ALTTP might be a stretch given its availability in Switch Online, but I never got to play Ages/Seasons or Minish Cap so would love snazzy new versions of them. Do people still say snazzy, even?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hopefully it does well enough that we see more of the older Zelda games get the same treatment. ALTTP might be a stretch given its availability in Switch Online, but I never got to play Ages/Seasons or Minish Cap so would love snazzy new versions of them. Do people still say snazzy, even?

Capcom helped make those so I don't know if Nintendo will be rushing to remake them....even if they are better than some of Nintendo's handheld Zelda games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Capcom helped make those so I don't know if Nintendo will be rushing to remake them....even if they are better than some of Nintendo's handheld Zelda games.

/sad face

• Registered Users Posts: 12,403 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Anywhere likely to sell the limited edition without a pre-order?
    Or has that epona bolted?

Argos.co.uk have them up to preorder still I'd say there is a good chance some will pop up on Argos.ie on Friday morning, get up at 4am and join the hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have mine preordered but it is unfair that argos.ie doesn't allow preorders when the uk site does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Delighted,tgat i booked iy mayy back in june :) have family do friday night, but might sneek in link as my +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

I see this has hit the piracy sites. I have to admit I'm not even remotely tempted, I'll save this for Christmas, as I traditionally play through a Zelda game over the Christmas every year. I've got a Ltd Edition ordered, from a UK site though (365 games I think?), so fingers crossed it gets here...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I find myself thinking of things I've not thought of in a long time... Aka looking forward to going to GameStop this Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I saw this is going for around €45 on CDKeys.co.uk.

Have people used this site before? Is it all above board?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fawk Nin wrote: »

Yep they are very reliable. They will e-mail you a code though rather than post you the physical copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yep they are very reliable. They will e-mail you a code though rather than post you the physical copy.

That suits me, I prefer to be all digital on Switch.

Good to know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've always ended up buying a physical copy of pretty much every Legend of Zelda title released here, CDi games aside!
    As a result, this is a must have, and paid for thanks to GS and their rather generous trade in offer.
    Can't wait to play it all over again.
    I too have the GB original and the GBC remake.

I have yet to play it ever Cideman! I should be in for a treat.
    Now time to go play SNES Zelda's Link to the past too on the Switch, good times.

Got SE Edition and 2 Amiboo incoming for it, one to open one to display in case :)

Ill have all the Zelda amiboo once all preorders from Nintendo UK come through in October :) Im not even into Amiibo but love the zelda nd Metroid ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Fawk Nin wrote: »

Possibly a stupid question but would this purchase still qualify for Gold Points on the eShop when redeemed?

Ah the ironing is delicious

I better still be able to steal from the shop in this version

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Review embargo is up at lunchtime. I'll be interesting to see what scores it gets.

In a shocking turn of events, this is getting 8+ everywhere, with many scores of 9 or above. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

IGN 94% - lots of work done to modernize controls etc

Fire Emblem be damned I can't wait to play this

Just watched the SwitchWatch review. Jordan said the frame rate dips were disgraceful and he was surprised Nintendo let it out in this state. Still got an 8.5 there (and he said would be higher if not for that issue).

Hopefully it will be patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Text received from Gamestop reminding me to collect my pre-order. As if I could forget!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

My son has this pre-ordered on the e-shop and is on tenterhooks all day. He even tried changing his time zone to Japan to try and play it early!

Will it be playable at midnight? Earlier? Later?

How do Nintendo usually manage big releases?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Has anyone gotten a text or email from Smyths? I pre ordered the special edition on the first day it was available but haven't heard from them and they haven't attempted to take money yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Has anyone gotten a text or email from Smyths? I pre ordered the special edition on the first day it was available but haven't heard from them and they haven't attempted to take money yet.

This reminds me I did the same after a few drinks... And also haven't heard anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Yep - got text yesterday 'cause my payment details has expired. Fixed that. Shipped this morning. No sign yet. Probably tomorrow. Hopefully someone home to pick it up when it arrives !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

conormario wrote: »
    Yep - got text yesterday 'cause my payment details has expired. Fixed that. Shipped this morning. No sign yet. Probably tomorrow. Hopefully someone home to pick it up when it arrives !

Now I'm worried

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

give them a ring

Advertisement