Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening - Nintendo Switch

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Aside from BOTW 2 I'm not buying any Zelda on switch at launch again unless it's a remastered budget price disgusted with myself for how much I paid for Link's awakening and the Amiibo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Aside from BOTW 2 I'm not buying any Zelda on switch at launch again unless it's a remastered budget price disgusted with myself for how much I paid for Link's awakening and the Amiibo.

Yes you will.
    First in line and hating yourself.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yes you will.

Come now no one will ever hate me as much as you did hahaha

Gulp I'm in trouble now.

I'd pay €to infinity and beyond ;) for Ocarina and or Majora on switch in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'd pay over-the-odds for a big-screen Majora that doesn't look like dog sick. Played it for the first time a couple months back, it's a phenomenal game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yes you will.

Sounds like me for Rise of Skywalker.

TBH who could have really anticipated this? People were complaining about the price sure, but people swore up and down LA was one of the best, not a highly constricted game with Grim Fandango logic. I'd never played it so I didn't know, I must be a filthy casual because my Zelda first experience was Wind Waker with the Ocarina pack in, then the Mario Kart gamecube with the Ocarina and Majora's Mask pack-in (sold my og GC for it :P). Man I miss Sakaguchi's Nintendo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

PostWoke wrote: »
    I know, imagine someone saying SS has no soundtrack when the soundtrack has 243 separate tracks! ;P

No good if it's muted and you can't hear it. BOTW's soundtrack was muted too and more in the background. I honestly can't remember any music from SS, I can from BOTW. Twilight Princess and the Wind Waker had great and memorable music. I must go back and listen to SS, maybe it was there and I just couldn't hear it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Come now no one will ever hate me as much as you did hahaha

Gulp I'm in trouble now.

I'd pay €to infinity and beyond ;) for Ocarina and or Majora on switch in all fairness.

I don't really hate anyone.
    While there were certainly some cruel people around, once upon a time, I always tried not to be.
    Perhaps a lack of a willingness to understand...

But we are all friends now, that is the important thing!

And you'll queue, whenever the inevitable LttP remaster comes out on the Switch... with some pre-order Tri-force shaped glow-in-the-dark stress toy...

You want to start queuing already, don't you?

Lttp turning into the rabbit would look like Frank the Bunny on the switch, damn sign me up for that.

Lttp turning into the rabbit would look like Frank the Bunny on the switch, damn sign me up for that.

Still think TP would've been much better if you'd been able to change into numerous animals Majora's Mask style, including a bunny.

Just got to Catfish temple, Angler's was one of the worst laid out temples in Zelda history, and spotting the cracked pillars to explode... yeesh. I assume they were far more visible on the gameboy. As was the fact you needed to dive to get into Catfish. I do wonder how much more visible clues were in the gb version.

Then being forced to do that stupid ghost side quest before entering catfish, just really, really bad game design. Can't believe I have four more instruments to get :(:(:( Seriously dunno how people moan about the triforce quest in WW. This is probably one of the worse games I've played all year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

being forced to do that stupid ghost side quest before entering catfish, just really, really bad game design. Can't believe I have four more instruments to get :(:(:( Seriously dunno how people moan about the triforce quest in WW. This is probably one of the worse games I've played all year :(

You know you can stop playing anytime, right? Why force yourself to finish if you're not enjoying it?

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    No good if it's muted and you can't hear it.

Unmute your telly. I was going to post a few examples, but literally the first ten examples of the OST on Youtube are so melodic and energetic I'm just going to post the entire playlist, it's not all running through the embedded window, you'll have to follow it to youtube.

Ballad of the Goddess (#3) has to be one of the best Zelda tracks ever, goddamn.

Sarah's Song extended ending of Ocarina is still my favourite Zelda track

pasta-solo wrote: »
    You know you can stop playing anytime, right? Why force yourself to finish if you're not enjoying it?

Yeah I know, but might as well. Finishing it with a guide to see the main story anyway, getting rid of it when I go into town at the end of the week.

Not sure how anyone ever got the bird key back in the day without a guide. How you gonna know to move the statue after getting the extra powerful bracelets? And that signpost maze was so annoying, just plays really badly.

"Finally have all the instruments, let's go for the ending!"

"...what? ANOTHER DUNGEON! AND NO MAGNIFYING GLASS SO I AM FORCED TO DO THIS IDIOTIC FETCH QUEST????"

Just finished it for real, unbelievable game for all the wrong reasons. Flabberghasted people thought this was good, I wonder if they were any first timers or it was all people with experience with the GB game. Incredibly constricting world design preventing you from exploring with trees, rocks, holes, and just impassable borders, Grim Fandango logic best left in the 90's, so much mandatory progression hidden behind choices I don't know how anyone ever made on their own, and not a single enemy who was fun to fight, and very easy boss fights. There's a reason Ocarina changed up the formula and never looked back; hell, not even A Link to the Past 1, or A Link Between Worlds felt so constricted and random. And the performance is just very bad, they should have locked it to 30.
    Twilight Princess is now only my second least favourite Zelda. Did not anticipate that when looking forward to this game for months.

It looks decent, enemy bosses in particular are well modelled and shaded. I liked the story, even though I had it spoiled on me in a thread about this remake's reveal. Would've liked a choice at the end, live the lie or not. I think it would be cool if BoTW2 could have DLC revolving around restoring Koholint.

Back to Luigi's Mansion 3, a far superior experience, and bring on Pokemon. My copy of LA will be joining the many, many others already populating CeX shelves asap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And narratively, it's simple but effective.
    There is practically no narrative here. 'Wake the Wind Fish' is it.
    I'm not wrong
    You are, and you're just confusing yourself now too.
    PostWoke wrote:
    I liked the story

imjustsaiyan-erniegenerator-rie-im-just-saiyan-dragonball-z-vegeta-53574626.png

imjustsaiyan-erniegenerator-rie-im-just-saiyan-dragonball-z-vegeta-53574626.png

Six or seven lines towards the very very end does not a narrative make...

... tbh I was trying to find something nice to say about the game XD

It's melancholy which is good but does not thread itself throughout the whole game. Until you come across the mural there's basically nothing aside from 'Wake the Wind Fish'. That's 90% into the game.

Still wish we were given an option. It's Mass Effect 3 all over again!!

LA's Link is his own incarnation right, or is he a Link from another Zelda game?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think he is apparently the same Link from after LTTP.

However sane people like myself like to believe that the whole Zelda timeline is a load of old ballbags that Nintendo pulled out of their asses.

It's fun to think about, but definitely didn't exist pre-Wind Waker or OoT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think he is apparently the same Link from after LTTP.

However sane people like myself like to believe that the whole Zelda timeline is a load of old ballbags that Nintendo pulled out of their asses.

Apparently it's Ocarina of Time, LttP, then this. But as you said, it's like trying to make random shapes fit together, and say this is the design you intended all along.

chrislad wrote: »
    Apparently it's Ocarina of Time, LttP, then this.

The timeline splits into three after Ocarina though. At least it does now. And possibly reconverges before BoTW somehow...

• Advertisement

It's a load of nonsense. I remember hearing about it in fan theory episodes before Nintendo made it official and thinking it was really dumb.

Advertisement