Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

PLOPS wrote: »
    If only a few young lads could get that message into their brains we would have a better society.

A common sentiment around here is "you live for a good time, not a long time".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

El_Bee wrote: »
    A common sentiment around here is "you live for a good time, not a long time".

I wonder if the likes of Zach Parker could rewind the tape, would he settle for a Barber over the box?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Well, the designer clobber, the big cars & the flashy houses are nice but if it limits you existence to 30 years or less they can keep the lot.

30 years is starting to sound like it would be a lifetime to some of them, and most of the ones that may last that long, will probably thank a prison sentence for the longevity.
    10 years or less living like a free person is becoming more like the reality for some of them by the time that they have made a name for themselves and then going forward.

PLOPS wrote: »
    I'd say the Management at the Regency hotel or whatever it is called now loved having that display put up.

It's called the Bonnington now and that defacement should have been removed immediately, treated the same as the graffiti on the Helix.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

The young lads see it as easy money though, my friend had an apprentice who started selling coke, he gave up his job cos he was making 600-800 euro just selling white for a few hours friday and saturday night, then he'd be partying and plenty of session moths hanging out of him. It'll only last for so long though as a few of my friends did the same back in the day and nearly all of them ended up in rehab or had people after them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Suckit wrote: »
    30 years is starting to sound like it would be a lifetime to some of them, and most of the ones that may last that long, will probably thank a prison sentence for the longevity.
    10 years or less living like a free person is becoming more like the reality for some of them by the time that they have made a name for themselves and then going forward.

It's a very poor refelection on them as a criminal enterprise really

They're like the black gangs of LA, where 30yrs old is considered ancient for a gangster on the streets. Most are dead or incarcerated for life by that point. Disorganised chaos.

However in the Mafia you'd be considered a baby. Most of the remaining American families don't even consider making an associate a full made member until late 30s, early 40s.

the grafitti said "Daniel Kinahan MI5 rat" what's that about?

the grafitti said "Daniel Kinahan MI5 rat" what's that about?

I'd hazard a guess that somebody reckons that DK is talking to MI5.

It shouldn't be that surprising. I think the figure is above 90% of career criminals becoming informants in order to scratch each others backs.

I would imagine DK is quite an expert at it at this stage.

Suckit wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess that somebody reckons that DK is talking to MI5.

It shouldn't be that surprising. I think the figure is above 90% of career criminals becoming informants in order to scratch each others backs.

I would imagine DK is quite an expert at it at this stage.

Are MI5 not spies?

Are MI5 not spies?
    Mainly to counter attack it and terrorism I believe.
    Maybe he rubs shoulders with some wanted or suspected terrorists, or possibly has some info on Northern Ireland.

Or is just suspected of being an informant to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Tipper wasn’t in the car then. Zambo, Wayne McNally and Brian was in Bluebell.

He was, he got away

Gardai smash network and seize weapons and drugs of violent Dublin gang.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardai-smash-network-seize-weapons-15791702

Two men and a woman arrested by Gardai investigating Hutch-Kinahan feud murder.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/two-men-woman-arrested-gardai-15792409

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Criminal informer

Two men and a woman arrested by Gardai investigating Hutch-Kinahan feud murder.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/two-men-woman-arrested-gardai-15792409

https://m.herald.ie/news/hutch-relative-held-in-armed-swoop-as-gardai-arrest-three-over-michael-keogh-murder-37791001.html

"Arrested three people - including a relative, aged in his 40s, of Gerry 'The Monk' Hutch, who has survived two attempts on his life."

"The suspected getaway driver - also in his 40s - in the 2017 murder of Keogh was arrested in prison, while his girlfriend, aged in her 30s, was arrested in the north inner city"

"Gardai believe Keogh (35) - a brother of jailed Kinahan hitman Jonathan Keogh - was targeted after becoming involved in a number of attacks on associates of the Hutch mob in the weeks before his murder."

The three people arrested for the murder of Michael Keogh are suspected of providing support to the hit team.

Gardai believe that dead Hutch associate Jason 'Buda' Molyneux, himself murdered by the Kinahan crew, was the gunman but the three are suspected of lending assistance to his hit team.

Sources believe three people were involved in helping the hitman carry out the killing.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/men-woman-arrested-murder-michael-15798309

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Some joyriders stole the wrong person's car. What this story on Dublin Live doesn't say, is what happened after. There's photos of the shotgun injuries doing the rounds.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/watch-gang-brazen-car-thieves-15796284

The comments on their FB page have the pics

https://www.facebook.com/1044590618894532/posts/2236527313034184/

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Dante7 wrote: »

Any idea whos car they stole?

Some joyriders stole the wrong person's car. What this story on Dublin Live doesn't say, is what happened after. There's photos of the shotgun injuries doing the rounds.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/watch-gang-brazen-car-thieves-15796284

The government really needs to round up all the people who say "yup" and have them sterilized

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Don't think they are shotgun wounds tbh, just the mother and father of a hiding

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Don't think they are shotgun wounds tbh, just the mother and father of a hiding

Did you see the wound on the hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Yeah I know, looks like a puncture wound....but....my thinking is a shotgun blast from close range would have taken the hand off or near to it.

Assuming for the rest of the injuries that it was up close obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

That'll learn him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Never interfer with another mans motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Never interfer with another mans motor.

"It would have been worth him doing it, just so I could catch him doing it" - Pulp Fiction

Seriously though, scumbags like that should be locked up, simple as. The fact that they're known locally for terrorising the neighbourhood, apparently over a protracted period of time, and were still free to do this, tells you all you need to know about our dysfunctional "justice" system.

Still won't condone the retaliation though because by the sound of things, it was carried out by another violent scumbag who should also be behind bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

If that was a shotgun from close range there would be no hand. A bit further and the wounds would be scattered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

Injuries to that lad are from a screwdriver. I’d imagine hit with a hammer while the hand was held against something, table or ground or whatever. I don’t know the ins and out. What’s app said he had bleach poured on him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I once seen a girl step in front of a stolen car and pull her brother out of the back seat then clatter around the head.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭septictank

What part of town was it? Arbour Hill, Stoneybatter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

According to the messages going around he was from ballybough but not living there. Then ballymun seems mentioned out of the blue and stolen roach tablets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement