Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

TitianGerm wrote: »
    blade1 wrote: »
    How much is a one month old 6t worth?

About three fiddy

Where you seeing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Where you seeing that?

I was only joking :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Where you seeing that?

Lol I'm sure that's a joke :) you'd get 500 at least on adverts, depending on storage/RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »

Not the biggest surprise in the world, they all use the same HW and OS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

About three fiddy
    Where you seeing that?

Ffs, fell right into that one and got very excited.

Will buy one of them over Christmas. Probably just the regular version to get the same day delivery from Amazon. Dave Lee has a video up that suggests that while Warp Charge is faster, it's pretty marginal and probably not worth 70 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

adox wrote: »
    One more question if you don’t mind, as an iPhone to Oneplus switcher. Did you have much trouble transferring over all your data? I’m trying to recall how I did it when I owned the oneplus3t previously. I think I used Google Drive. Backed up everything there and then just pulled it down again on the new phone.

Be interested to hear what method you used.

No problem. I used Google drive (you're directed to android.com/switch when you start up your android). It transfers contacts, calender events, and your gallery. Photos don't attach to the gallery on your android but are stored in the cloud. You can download them if necessary. Photos took a few hours to upload to Google Drive, but I left the iPhone at it while I played with the 6t!

Whatsapp conversations/media can't be transferred, though you'll be readded to groups etc. If you want media from WhatsApp, grab it before you switch. WhatsApp can only be active on one device at a time.

There's a few subscriptions I had through the Apple store so they had to be cancelled.

Making the switch was much easier than I thought it would be. Still love the iPhone, but I don't miss it. If you use emojis be warned - they're cack on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

tedpan wrote: »
    Not the biggest surprise in the world, they all use the same HW and OS.

No they don't, the McLaren has 10Gb RAM, not that it makes a blind bit of difference.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote:
    No they don't, the McLaren has 10Gb RAM, not that it makes a blind bit of difference.

RAM makes little difference to speed unless you're running several memory intensive applications as I said earlier...

• Advertisement

Less than 48 hours later. Blisteringly fast delivery at least... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Nice. Nothing better than a new phone landing.

Not this hell again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not this hell again.

???

adox wrote: »
    Not this hell again.

???

Delivery posts...

Delivery posts...

Ah jaysus he posted a photo of the McClaren edition, most likely the first on this thread. It’s of interest I think. So he commented on how fast he got it as well!

Hope he puts some more photos up when he has the phone out.

Delivery posts...

Apologies, was just sharing how fast it arrived.
    adox wrote:
    Hope he puts some more photos up when he has the phone out.

Will do man, although under strict orders it can't be opened until the 25th, so the pics will come after :)

Tell her you need to check it to make sure it's not damaged :D

Patww79 wrote:
    Tell her you need to check it to make sure it's not damaged

I've used that excuse to it's limit :D

Ah well, it's definitely something to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Delivery posts...
    Maybe it's just me but I get a kind of joy about seeing people posting pics of new tech! it's like I'm happy for the experience they are going to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Does the finger print scanning work ok for logging into apps? like banking apps for example.

Narcissus wrote:
    Does the finger print scanning work ok for logging into apps? like banking apps for example.

I read lots of reviews before buying and apparently work with no issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Narcissus wrote: »

Yep, it's a split second slower than what most people would be used to on other phones but I'm finding it a lot more accurate than the reviews would lead you to believe.

Thanks. What about the face recognition? Would that work for the AIB app? or other alternative.

Narcissus wrote:
    Thanks. What about the face recognition? Would that work for the AIB app? or other alternative.

No, the fingerprint option is built into the Banking app, the bank would have to release a face unlock option for it to work.

Hardly be secure enough for a banking app when it's a front camera only system anyway.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Hardly be secure enough for a banking app when it's a front camera only system anyway.

That’s another discussion :p

So I’ve had mine a couple of days and loving it overall. The fingerprint scanner is working fine for me, with practically 100% success. It’s amazing how quickly you get used to it.

Battery is great too. On my first day(albeit a large part in work) I only managed to get it down to 50%. I will say that the “dash charge” doesn’t seem as fast as it was on the 3T. I bought the car charger and have used it twice on my commute, approx 35-40 minute drive. This morning with the battery at 50%, it was at 90% when I got to work.
    On the way home, with the battery at 70%, it had reached 96% on the way home. No slouch but I just remember it being quicker with the 3T.

Another strange thing using the car charger. The screen keeps waking constantly to the black and white notification screen. I have the phone laid flat and charging beside me. Maybe it’s the lift to wake function that’s kicking in when moving. I’m not 100% sure.

Android Pay I have used once so far and I can’t believe how much faster it is than Apple Pay. I was hugely impressed. Also added my Tesco loyalty card to the phone so it’s a great convenience.

It’s the first phone I’ve owned with the options of gestures so I’ve enabled them instread of the virtual buttons option and I’m getting on fine with them. Very easy to get used to.

Having come from iOS and having such a tall phone, I like going for a minimalistic look on the home screen so have all my important apps grouped into four folders towards the bottom of the screen. The animated wallpapers have plenty of room then to be shown off and look beautiful but I also find it a very convenient way for me to use the phone.

It’s a lightning fast phone of course and looks very nice. Have it in the official carbon bumper case and it looks great.

Haven’t used the camera at all yet but know it’s one if it’s weaker points so don’t have huge expectations.

Still tweaking the phone and exploring the options and also getting used to finding my way around Android after so long with iOS, but I’m extremely happy with my purchase overall at this early stage.

Oh and I’ve turned off face unlock. It’s lightning fast of course but the phone just feels too vulnerable to me with it activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dropped my OP5 on Sunday and smashed the screen. Panel under the glass is broke as well so probably going to be expensive to repair.

Back with the OP2 at the minute but the battery is a little worse for wear and the lack of dash charge is a killer. I honestly don't think I could go without it long term.

Anyway I was waiting on the Red 6T but might have to order the one of the current options once Christmas is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,202 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Dropped my OP5 on Sunday and smashed the screen. Panel under the glass is broke as well so probably going to be expensive to repair.

Back with the OP2 at the minute but the battery is a little worse for wear and the lack of dash charge is a killer. I honestly don't think I could go without it long term.

Anyway I was waiting on the Red 6T but might have to order the one of the current options once Christmas is over.

I got the 5t when it came out and I smashed the screen after 10 days.
    It cost €120 to send it back and get it repaired.

Advertisement