Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Pffft. As if phones are for talking on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

OnePlus x McLaren

https://twitter.com/oneplus/status/1072433917746130944/photo/1

10gb Ram with Warp charge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭xtal191

So all the leaks were right, will cost €699. I dunno 10gb of ram seems absolutely pointless to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

No mention of 5G.

An extra 70e for an extra 2GB of RAM that won't do anything, some carbon fiber, and warp charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

davo2001 wrote: »
    Meh, never noticed any issues on either my onplus 1, 3 or 6T when making calls.

Full agree with you - was disappointed to see the list. Don't have any issues with my OP6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭xtal191

No mention of 5G.

An extra 70e for an extra 2GB of RAM that won't do anything, some carbon fiber, and warp charge.

The 5G phone is supposedly gonna be announced early 2019 and if rumours are true it'll cost €100-€200 more so we could possibly be looking at €799-€899.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Lot less than I was expecting, especially for a brand tie-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I think it's now where Oneplus do a Shamsung/Crapple and start to up the price for no reason other than they can... Can see them pushing the OP7 to 600+ as the 6T sales are up so much, some are saying as much as 230-odd % with carrier selling. Meanwhile Sammy is having crisis meetings about how bad the S9 is doing the fruts are having to cut back on components bulk buying.
    Think we reached the upper limits on how much people are willing to pay for phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

god's toy wrote: »
    Think we reached the upper limits on how much people are willing to pay for phones.

This was part of the reason I came to the OnePlus last month. Loved the iPhone and I was very embedded in the Apple ecosystem (watch, app store etc) but I struggled thinking I'd have to part with close to €1k for the iPhone Xr.

OnePlus offers a premium phone at a cheaper price (€560 is still a lot for a phone). But if the price keeps climbing with each phone they release, I'd be looking at Android devices elsewhere.

OnePlus has always appeared to be the brand that listened to its consumers and almost worked with them on some levels. r/OnePlus is full of posts detailing negative interactions with customers (recently over the glass screen protector), and part of me feels that wouldn't have happened two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Notorious wrote: »
    This was part of the reason I came to the OnePlus last month. Loved the iPhone and I was very embedded in the Apple ecosystem (watch, app store etc) but I struggled thinking I'd have to part with close to €1k for the iPhone Xr.

OnePlus offers a premium phone at a cheaper price (€560 is still a lot for a phone). But if the price keeps climbing with each phone they release, I'd be looking at Android devices elsewhere.

OnePlus has always appeared to be the brand that listened to its consumers and almost worked with them on some levels. r/OnePlus is full of posts detailing negative interactions with customers (recently over the glass screen protector), and part of me feels that wouldn't have happened two years ago.

I don't mean to start a war between rival phones but where you are now with Oneplus I was a few months ago. I now have moved on to Pocophone and haven't looked back. My reasons are I have every bit the experience that I need from a cheaper device.
    Ok it's not made of glass but if it was it would be in a case 99% of its life anyway and when not in the case would be covered in fingerprints.
    So to me there was no point in me having a glass phone at all.
    Let's not even discuss to headphone jack thing...
    so now in a word I'm much happier as it's plastic but I don't care in every real way to me it's better than my 5T was and it's cheaper.

Having said that I don't knock anyone for picking oneplus fantastic phone! unfortunately I can see them turning into Samsung fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just ordered a 6T case and phone charger. Coming over from a 6s(which is provided by work)

Had a 3T before and loved it and only sold it on as work upgraded from a 5s to a 6s.

6s going to the Mrs.

It was a fairly seemless switch the last time so hopefully the same this time.

Love the look of the McClaren edition but not worth the extra cash for me personally.

I presume the phone supports Google Pay?

Ive been using Apple Pay the last few months and really like it so will want Google Pay on this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

adox wrote: »
    I presume the phone supports Google Pay?.

Yes, it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

god's toy wrote: »
    I think it's now where Oneplus do a Shamsung/Crapple and start to up the price for no reason other than they can... Can see them pushing the OP7 to 600+ as the 6T sales are up so much, some are saying as much as 230-odd % with carrier selling. Meanwhile Sammy is having crisis meetings about how bad the S9 is doing the fruts are having to cut back on components bulk buying.

Largely agree with your sentiment above. I recently purchased a 6T for ~€600 which, on the face of it, is quite expensive for a phone. However, I was able to justify it as I had my OnePlus 1 for 3+ years, so that owes me nothing (battery has finally started to fail). If I knock another 3+ years out of my 6T, I will consider that decent value for money. Going above €600, however, will probably price me out of the market, especially when you consider that the improvements in technology with each model are only incremental at this stage.

I'm just glad there's such a choice out there that covers everyone. The likes of the Poco and all are great value but I'd rather cut back in other areas and not buy one personally.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Yes, it does.

I was surprised at how fast Google Pay works on the OnePlus. Much quicker than my iPhone 7 or Apple Watch.
    god's toy wrote:
    Having said that I don't knock anyone for picking oneplus fantastic phone! unfortunately I can see them turning into Samsung fairly quickly.

The 6t is a quality phone. I'm slightly annoyed that I'm so late to the OnePlus game, especially if the company does make a Samsung-esque transition!

I was surprised at how fast Google Pay works on the OnePlus. Much quicker than my iPhone 7 or Apple Watch.

Does it work the same way as Apple Pay? It seems to work a little differently from a couple of videos I’ve seen but it’s a little unclear.

Apple Pay of course I hold the phone over the terminal when it’s asleep and it wakes automatically and I use my fingerprint on the phone to confirm payment.

Do you wake the Android phone first or something before presenting it at the terminal?

Does it work the same way as Apple Pay? It seems to work a little differently from a couple of videos I’ve seen but it’s a little unclear.

Apple Pay of course I hold the phone over the terminal when it’s asleep and it wakes automatically and I use my fingerprint on the phone to confirm payment.

Do you wake the Android phone first or something before presenting it at the terminal?

I do. Not sure if you have to or not.

Yup. You unlock the phone and as long as NFC is enabled all you have to do is present your phone.

You could double tap on the home button on the iPhone and it'd read your fingerprint to confirm. The 6t only asks you for your fingerprint (or face) to unlock, but not a second time to pay.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Just bought the McLaren 6t. Very excited :)

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »

It does look gorgeous tbf. Have you watched any of the unboxing videos?
    Not sure if the boxes the reviewers got are the normal retail box.

adox wrote:
    It does look gorgeous tbf. Have you watched any of the unboxing videos? Not sure if the boxes the reviewers got are the normal retail box.

Yeah, was going to get the standard 256GB/8GB model, but the unboxing videos with the carbon back sold me on this. I know the extra 2GB will have little or no effect, but it's a reason to justify the extra cost to my wife :)

I'd like to think it will come in the same box as the reviewers, it's supposed to arrive on Tuesday so I'll let you know although can't open it until the 25th :) I'm like a kid again and only ordered it a few hours ago!!

One more question if you don’t mind, as an iPhone to Oneplus switcher. Did you have much trouble transferring over all your data? I’m trying to recall how I did it when I owned the oneplus3t previously. I think I used Google Drive. Backed up everything there and then just pulled it down again on the new phone.

Be interested to hear what method you used.

Looks like it will be the same package as the YouTube unboxings, found this post from OnePlus :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrSb435hE9x/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=102q8kw6hxtlo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Delta2113

- I know freqs. are ok but will Three Mobile accept this on its network?

Delta2113 wrote:
    - I know freqs. are ok but will Three Mobile accept this on its network?

I don't see why it wouldn't, I've used previous OnePlus phones on 3, meteor and Vodafone..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Looks like it will be the same package as the YouTube unboxings, found this post from OnePlus :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrSb435hE9x/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=102q8kw6hxtlo

That looks lovely.
    Im a bit sorry I bought the first version 6t and didn't hold out off for that.
    Looking on the bright side though... There'll be another new OnePlus in a few months!!:D

blade1 wrote:
    That looks lovely. Im a bit sorry I bought the first version 6t and didn't hold out off for that. Looking on the bright side though... There'll be another new OnePlus in a few months!!

I know :D when I heard about the Snapdragon 855, I knew the 7 was around the corner. This one should keep me going for at least 18 months anyway, I got a text from DHL saying it'll be delivered on Monday, cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I know :D when I heard about the Snapdragon 855, I knew the 7 was around the corner. This one should keep me going for at least 18 months anyway, I got a text from DHL saying it'll be delivered on Monday, cannot wait!
    How much is a one month old 6t worth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

blade1 wrote: »
    How much is a one month old 6t worth?

About three fiddy

Advertisement