Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just bought one looking forward to it coming now

spoke too soon my payment has been returned anyone ever have this problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

sky88 wrote: »
    Just bought one looking forward to it coming now

spoke too soon my payment has been returned anyone ever have this problem??

My bank rejected payments and contacted me via text to check if it was legit (as the payment is processed in China). Once I verified the payment, I was able to purchase again.

Notorious wrote: »
    My bank rejected payments and contacted me via text to check if it was legit (as the payment is processed in China). Once I verified the payment, I was able to purchase again.

Was actually a problem with my revlout card not been accepted all good now with regular bank of ireland card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

sky88 wrote: »
    Was actually a problem with my revlout card not been accepted all good now with regular bank of ireland card

I paid with Revolut (MasterCard) and it went through fine. Was yours the visa version by any chance?

I paid with Revolut (MasterCard) and it went through fine. Was yours the visa version by any chance?

yea it was the visa version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Has anyone gotten the silicone cover for the 6t? I'd love the red one but can't figure out if there is a bit of a lip or not. I smashed the screen on my first One Plus one because the cover didn't have a lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Has anyone gotten the silicone cover for the 6t? I'd love the red one but can't figure out if there is a bit of a lip or not. I smashed the screen on my first One Plus one because the cover didn't have a lip.

red silicone is open at the bottom just covers the sides and top

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Think I will hold out for a spigen tough armor case. Someone on the OnePlus forum's said it's due to come out in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

5star02707 wrote: »
    red silicone is open at the bottom just covers the sides and top

Thanks, I'll stick with the cover I have. Feel it offers more protection.

EletricMan wrote: »
    Think I will hold out for a spigen tough armor case. Someone on the OnePlus forum's said it's due to come out in December.
    Good to know. I had a spiegen on my opo3 and loved it.

The dash car charger is half price if anyone is interested.

The official OnePlus 6T 3D tempered glass screen protector is up on their website. I've only had my 6T two weeks and the protector that came pre-installed is covered in scratches and blemishes. €22 on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Notorious wrote: »
    The official OnePlus 6T 3D tempered glass screen protector is up on their website. I've only had my 6T two weeks and the protector that came pre-installed is covered in scratches and blemishes. €22 on their website.

So it's doing its job then?

It is, but the scratches are terribly unsightly. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by glass screen protectors, but I’ve never had a protector that’s been marked so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Shame the car charger is out of stock. I`m tempted to go back to OnePlus after having a 3T and loving it, but Id want a car charger straight away as part of the package.

How are you guys getting on with the 6T? hows the onscreen finger print reader etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Was going to pull the trigger yesterday as I can get same day delivery with Amazon Spain but I'll hold off until we find out what the deal is with the McLaren collaboration. Some suggestions it might be 5G capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

adox wrote: »
    Shame the car charger is out of stock. I`m tempted to go back to OnePlus after having a 3T and loving it, but Id want a car charger straight away as part of the package.

How are you guys getting on with the 6T? hows the onscreen finger print reader etc?

Get one off AliExpress.

Upgraded from the 3 myself and loving it.

Finding the Fingerprint scanner grand now. Didn't think it was that good after first day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Was going to pull the trigger yesterday as I can get same day delivery with Amazon Spain but I'll hold off until we find out what the deal is with the McLaren collaboration. Some suggestions it might be 5G capable.

interesting what the McLaren collaboration is all about
    anyways here's a link for that car charger if you still want one

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Dash-Charging-Car-Charger-with-Original-1m-1-Dash-type-c-Cable-fast-Quick-charge/32860557679.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.56.41a73c00XAV0Qq

• Registered Users Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭xtal191

Rumours it'll have 10gb ram and 256gb storage but will be very limited

5star02707 wrote: »

Thanks for the link but my experience with Aliexpress and the like is it takes weeks to arrive. OnePlus may have them back in stock by then.

I'm finding it quite good. You can just put all the pad of your finger on the screen and it picks it up. Haven't had as many failed attempted as I've had with traditional sensors if I'm honest but it does take a little fraction longer to unlock the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

I'm finding it quite good. You can just put all the pad of your finger on the screen and it picks it up. Haven't had as many failed attempted as I've had with traditional sensors if I'm honest but it does take a little fraction longer to unlock the phone.

I upgraded from the 3T and the in screen fingerprint reader works just fine. Just as fast as the capacitive one on the 3T.

My only niggle with the phone and it is not just the 6T is because of the full screen. When you watch something like a YouTube video in full screen it is a bit of a faff to get back. You have the swipe up from the bottom which is not obvious and then press the software back button.

Maybe there is a shortcut but I find it a bit of a faff at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Have my 6t with 3 days now I'm loving it but still getting used to Android as have been with apple the last 4 years. Can't get over how good the face unlock is. And my God the battery life is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Conchurl wrote: »
    Have my 6t with 3 days now I'm loving it but still getting used to Android as have been with apple the last 4 years. Can't get over how good the face unlock is. And my God the battery life is great.

Ya th the face unlock is unreal. I was running on the treadmill at the gym and I had the phone placed on the treadmill and it kept picking up my face and unlocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

blade1 wrote:
    They all do since the 5t I think it was. And it does look better in the case imo.

It really doesn't, OnePlus 6T is beautiful without the case, the case ruins it for me, just gotta be extra careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭blade1

For those asking about the fingerprint sensor.
    Imo it was better when it was on the back of the phone.
    It looks good but it is not as quick,the scroller is gone and it gets in the way sometimes.
    Like say when I go to hang up sometimes,it blocks the hang up button.
    The notch isn't exactly stunning looking but it a lot better than most other phone's notch.
    Still a lovely phone though even though it's not perfect.

I suppose the next model will be ditching the notch completely like the new Huawei with just a camera lens in the corner.

ifcw9c.jpg

EletricMan wrote: »
    Ya th the face unlock is unreal. I was running on the treadmill at the gym and I had the phone placed on the treadmill and it kept picking up my face and unlocking.

Is the faceelock secure though? I’ve read that it shouldn’t be used as the main security feature for unlocking your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

This is probably a stupid question but I'm just so used to apple is there reachability on the 6t like on the iPhones sorry I'm still getting used to Android

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭IntoTheAshtray

Which courier company deliver for OnePlus in Ireland? I ordered mine today on priority delivery. Estimated delivery is Weds., but I'm not sure someone is going to be at my address on that day.

Which courier company deliver for OnePlus in Ireland? I ordered mine today on priority delivery. Estimated delivery is Weds., but I'm not sure someone is going to be at my address on that day.

Was DHL for me with priority. Once you get your dispatch email it will have tracking and you have the option of a new address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Is the faceelock secure though? I’ve read that it shouldn’t be used as the main security feature for unlocking your phone.

It's probably good enough, like the old face unlock that used to be built into Android not very secure but if you don't leave the phone lying around then it's probabl ok. No proper scanners like an iPhone or Mate 20 Pro though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

I ordered mine on Thursday afternoon and it arrived this morning even though on the OnePlus website it said due Dec 4 and then I got a text yesterday from DHL saying it will be out Monday, So if thats anything to go by you never know when it's going to ship, maybe get it sent to your job if that's an option for you.

P.S
    I'm still in the process of setting it up to how I usually like my phone's to be but coming from the 5T I didn't expect it to feel like as much of an upgrade as it does, I'm really impressed with it so far.

Advertisement