Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Only recently have a started to miss another feature from my iPhone 7 and that is the dual speaker. It's rare that I watch videos on my phone, but when the media volume on the 6t isn't up to full whack I find it can be difficult to hear the sound clearly.

The iPhone has a speaker beside the charging port and above the front facing camera. Sound is fired at you when not using headphones. On the 6t the sound is angled away from you and out the bottom of the phone.

It's only a minor complaint, but maybe something they should be looking at for the OnePlus 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Some how I doubt that will be implemented. Afaik there was never stereo speakers on any OnePlus phones. The first Android to do proper stereo speakers was HTC(I think they called it boom sound)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Bought the Wireless Bullets (great for the price of them) and the official screen protector. I've a history of being useless at applying them so going to sit and have a patient go at it tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Bought the Wireless Bullets (great for the price of them) and the official screen protector. I've a history of being useless at applying them so going to sit and have a patient go at it tonight.

Let us know how you get on. Want to get one too. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

I bought the Maclaren 6T on amazon as I had amazon vouchers from work.
    But it has been out of stock since the 26th.

Should I wait till it comes back in stock or just swap to the 8GB/256GB?

I currently have the OP5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Let us know how the wireless bullets are. I have a cheap pair of in ears that work fine but I’m always up to buying more and more of the same type items.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

I have the wireless bullets awhile now. Use them all the time.

they sound good to me.

I have a proper pair of Sony MDRs that of course they'll never beat for quality but they're the best sounding pair of 70e headphones I've ever had. Plenty loud too and the seal on the buds is pretty cool too.

The magnets are great and to get fast charging is class. Wish it had forward/back buttons though. Only has play/pause and volume +/-.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I have a proper pair of Sony MDRs that of course they'll never beat for quality but they're the best sounding pair of 70e headphones I've ever had. Plenty loud too and the seal on the buds is pretty cool too.

The magnets are great and to get fast charging is class. Wish it had forward/back buttons though. Only has play/pause and volume +/-.

Double press the pause button to skip tracks

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »

Double press the pause button to skip tracks

Thanks!

megapixel wrote:
    Should I wait till it comes back in stock or just swap to the 8GB/256GB?

It's been taken off the OnePlus site. I'd say it's not coming back into stock.

Got the screen protector on pretty successfully for once. It looks to be a great fit as is designed to be put on when using the case that comes with the phone as a tool for lining everything up and it fits pretty snugly.

Here's hoping that's the only report I can ever do on it and I don't have to give any verdict on whether or can protect the screen or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Got the screen protector on pretty successfully for once. It looks to be a great fit as is designed to be put on when using the case that comes with the phone as a tool for lining everything up and it fits pretty snugly.

Here's hoping that's the only report I can ever do on it and I don't have to give any verdict on whether or can protect the screen or not!

Keep us updated on it. I have seen pictures of it lifting at the edges and air bubbles after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

EletricMan wrote: »
    Keep us updated on it. I have seen pictures of it lifting at the edges and air bubbles after a few days.
    I've had mine on for about 5 weeks now and it's perfect. I have the cover that came with the phone on too. I get the odd air bubble on the bottom right but I can push it out and all good again.

I do have a crack down the middle but I don't notice it most of the time. I've bought a replacement but won't change just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

megapixel wrote: »

I bought a pair of these! Great headphones, thanks for sharing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Didn't see a 7 thread, but if that's real then it looks the part.

https://twitter.com/AndroidPolice/status/1084192184608288768

So, less than a week in I knocked the phone off the bedside table reaching for it to knock off the alarm this morning. Official screen protector did its job perfectly and cracked badly at one side with some long cracks spreading from it the length and breadth of the screen.

Have bought the QUILLO brand tempered glass ones as an emergency replacement as can get same day delivery with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Anyone have a Spigen case, I bought two of them, liquid air and tough armour. I'm having trouble getting a tampered screen protector to work with the cases. The lip on the cases are lifting up the edge of the screen projector. Anyone find a screen protector that works with them cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

Got this phone back in December and must say its an absolute delight to use. I came from an iPhone6 so any phone was an upgrade but I was really impressed with all the features and quickness of this phone.

• Advertisement

Took my screen protector off a few weeks ago, not impressed with the gorilla glass. Hasn't been dropped, but has lots of deep scratches from just going in and out of pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Great phone . Got it yesterday, And it's performance has been amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Due to be delivered tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Got a deep scratch on my screen and have noticed loads of other scratches as well, I took off screen protector which I don't regret as having been an android user for 11 years now I've never used one and hate the feel of them.

Have to say I'm very disappointed with the screen, had a OG Pixel XL before this and then a Nexus 6P and not one scratch on either device.

Something to be aware of for prospective buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Dave147 wrote: »
    Got a deep scratch on my screen and have noticed loads of other scratches as well, I took off screen protector which I don't regret as having been an android user for 11 years now I've never used one and hate the feel of them.

Have to say I'm very disappointed with the screen, had a OG Pixel XL before this and then a Nexus 6P and not one scratch on either device.

Something to be aware of for prospective buyers.
    That's very disappointing to hear. I have the one plus 5 myself with no screen protector on it. I work with tools every day, and the phone ends up in my pocket with tools and screws. After a year there's not a mark on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

clickhere wrote:
    That's very disappointing to hear. I have the one plus 5 myself with no screen protector on it. I work with tools every day, and the phone ends up in my pocket with tools and screws. After a year there's not a mark on it.

Yeah I'm gutted, actually properly gutted, I'm so incredibly careful. I have a pocket dedicated to phones, front left pocket is phone only no coins and I'm religious about it, I've no idea how it happened but there's loads of little small scratches on it that I only noticed now. You get what you pay for I suppose, I'll go back to Google in October if I can afford it at the time!

Dave147 wrote:
    Yeah I'm gutted, actually properly gutted, I'm so incredibly careful. I have a pocket dedicated to phones, front left pocket is phone only no coins and I'm religious about it, I've no idea how it happened but there's loads of little small scratches on it that I only noticed now. You get what you pay for I suppose, I'll go back to Google in October if I can afford it at the time!
    Can't stand cases or screen protectors either.

I contacted OnePlus about my scratches and they asked if I want to send it back for repair. Not sure what to do and if it will be chargeable. It's shocking how easily it scratches, there's not a mark on the back or sides of the phone.

However it's definitely the best OS and phone I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Is it just bad timing from me or is the fast charge cable and power adapter always sold out? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭5star02707

Is it just bad timing from me or is the fast charge cable and power adapter always sold out? :confused:

a lot cheaper on ebay or aliexpress tbh

they work the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

5star02707 wrote: »
    a lot cheaper on ebay or aliexpress tbh

they work the same

Yeah it really is. I ordered one from AliExpress for around 12e (with adaptor). It's still on the way (only downside I think is it can take a good while to be delivered? I'll probably be waiting another few weeks looking at tracking) but it was a lot cheaper than the OnePlus site.

Advertisement