Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

blade1 wrote: »
    For those asking about the fingerprint sensor.
    Imo it was better when it was on the back of the phone.
    It looks good but it is not as quick,the scroller is gone and it gets in the way sometimes.
    Like say when I go to hang up sometimes,it blocks the hang up button.
    The notch isn't exactly stunning looking but it a lot better than most other phone's notch.
    Still a lovely phone though even though it's not perfect.

I suppose the next model will be ditching the notch completely like the new Huawei with just a camera lens in the corner.

How do you use the fingerprint as a scroller? Which Oneplus was that on?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭blade1

xtal191 wrote: »
    How do you use the fingerprint as a scroller? Which Oneplus was that on?

The 5t and I'd assume the 6.
    It scrolled down your menu for your torch/wifi/ Bluetooth etc.
    Just roll your finger down it; it's touch sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

My 6t arrived last Friday and I really like it overall.

Positives so far:
    -unbelievably good battery life, easily the best phone I've ever had for longevity
    -screen - it's bright and crisp.
    -performance - so so fast, the reviews were accurate on this.

A few negatives:

(i) I paid for express priority service but it took 6 days for the phone to arrive; very disappointing because some on here received theirs within 36 hours of ordering.

(ii) They shipped me a case for the older 6 model - it just doesn't fit. This particular case (the silicone one) was displayed on the accessories page for the 6t so I presumed it would be be compatible when I bought it but it isn't. I sent them a return replacement request on Friday and the message said they would respond within 24 hours. It is now almost Tuesday and nothing heard back so far - they also didn't respond to my email query.

(iii) I've noticed a few software bugs unfortunately: (a) the double tap to wake feature only works 50% of the time; kind of annoying because it means you have to take the extra step of pressing the power button. (b) the fingerprint scanner is not dependable, it works about 75% of the time (I've ended up using face unlock all the time because it's faster, but that's annoying when you want to just leave the phone on the desk). When setting-up the fingers I did try my best to use the fingerprint position I would be when using the phone normally (a few reviews had advised to do this). (c) the phone has showed notifications only for there to be no new messages, it seemed to be repeating old notifications - this hasn't happened again since a restart this morning so hopefully that's cleared it.

(iv) the camera is decent but I definitely miss the 'warmth' of my old Samsung shots - I find the OnePlus software makes things look a little too cold or artificial looking. Street scenes at night haven't come out well either (whether in night mode or not) - the lens has a propensity to 'blow out' street lights and signs and overdo colour saturation.

Finally - not sure if it's a bug - but even when I've enabled night mode the screen reverts to normal mode temporarily after unlocking the screen. This kind of defeats the purpose of night mode! It's only a second of super bright screen but it is a stupid oversight and my 3 year old Samsung didn't do that.

Will keeping using it and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Surinam wrote: »
    My 6t arrived last Friday and I really like it overall.

Make sure to do a software update (think OnePlus have pushed one tonight). I've my 6t about two weeks and I'm seeing none of the bugs you mentioned. Night mode is working right now, and I've had no phantom notifications. The double tap to wake is a great feature, especially as I'm used to the home button on the iPhone.

I'd agree that the fingerprint scanner isn't great (supposedly the most recent update addresses that). I reregistered my thumb and also registered my left thumb. I've had more success since, but it still fails me from time to time.

I'm looking to get a glass screen protector and a more solid case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

From what I've seen all the glass screen protectors are crap. They all leave white lines on either side due to the slightly curved glass. And ones that have full coverage only stick on the sides. Also the fingerprint scan sensitivity can be an issue with these. If anyone comes across a glass screen protector that gives full coverage and actually works please post here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I got the glass screen protector from oneplus. I don't even notice I've a cover on. Its great. I thought I'd have to re enter my finger print but I haven't. I'm using the cover oneplus provided but waiting for a spiegen one to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I've been using the orzly protector along with the case that came with the phone, yes, there are 2 thin stripes along the sides due to the curve but I need a black background and looking closely to be aware of them. I don't notice them at all unless I go looking. They have the adhesive along the whole screen unlike the one I used with me 3T so I haven't had the popping off issue that I had when I first used it with the 3T which was fixed by using a knitting needle to lift the case over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I got the glass screen protector from oneplus. I don't even notice I've a cover on. Its great. I thought I'd have to re enter my finger print but I haven't. I'm using the cover oneplus provided but waiting for a spiegen one to come out.

How was fitting it? Does it line up exactly with the case to get an exact fit or is there more to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

There is a black line around it but I don't really notice it.
    How was fitting it? Does it line up exactly with the case to get an exact fit or is there more to it?
    It's fitting perfectly. You put it on with the case provided to make sure it lines up correctly. I didn't take the one that came pre installed in case I didn't like the glass one. I've come from a 3 and I didn't even attempt to put on the glass protector because it wasn't great but bar the little 1mm line around this it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Anyone have any idea on how long they were waiting to receive their 6T once it was ordered? I'm thinking of ordering today, but the estimated delivery is 18th December (2 weeks), which seems a bit of a wait. Maybe they are only covering themselves with such a lead time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Buy from Amazon and you'll get it faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Cheers. Any particular one (UK/Italian/etc)? The sooner I get it, the better!

Cheers. Any particular one (UK/Italian/etc)? The sooner I get it, the better!

I live in Spain and I get same day delivery so I buy from there. I imagine you'd want to buy from the UK store - 3 pin plug etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

https://twitter.com/IshanAgarwal24/status/1070995885503455232?s=09

Being announced next week.

Looking like this phone will ship with OnePlus version of the supervooc charging

Wonder what the price will be.

Wonder what the price will be.

I'd guess it's the price of the 256/8gb ram model with probably an additional 50-100 added on for its premium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I'd be thinking closer to 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think the CEO said it will be 200-300 more expensive.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd be thinking closer to 1k.
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I think the CEO said it will be 200-300 more expensive.

Fùck that for a game of soldiers!
    10gb ram is overkill anyway.

10GB ram is absolutely pointless. I'd be prepared to pay for the super turbo charging but nothing ridiculous.

• Advertisement

10GB ram is absolutely pointless. I'd be prepared to pay for the super turbo charging but nothing ridiculous.

That's seems like just a new name (warp charge)for dash charge.

I think it may have something to do with dash charge being refused a trademark.

That's seems like just a new name (warp charge)for dash charge.

Actually the new warp charge that supposedly has 50w (same as the new super vooc charge)

They're talking about a days power in 20 minutes .

The videos they are teasing about the McLaren version seems to indicate there's an upgraded charger coming .

It's definitely faster technology, not just a rebrand. How much it's really worth remains to be seen.

As it's still a 6T, you'd expect it's still the same 3,700 mAh battery in it. I'd be a bit pissed if they reduced the battery capacity as they were bumping up the charging tech.

thomasj wrote: »
    Actually the new warp charge that supposedly has 50w (same as the new super vooc charge)

They're talking about a days power in 20 minutes .

The videos they are teasing about the McLaren version seems to indicate there's an upgraded charger coming .
    Yeah, didn't see that.
    The article I read said a days power in half an hour which would be the same as dash.

What's a days power supposed to mean anyway?
    Would prefer if they gave percentages.

Yeah, didn't see that.
    The article I read said a days power in half an hour which would be the same as dash.

What's a days power supposed to mean anyway?
    Would prefer if they gave percentages.

Hard to say but we'll find out come Tuesday.

It has the same wattage as the oppo r17 pro and that goes from 0-40 in 10 minutes and 0-100 in 35 minutes, but time will tell. Given that the oneplus 6t is just over hour , I'd say this will be under.

I'm sure I heard a mention of 2 day battery , so id say 50%.

thomasj wrote: »
    Hard to say but we'll find out come Tuesday.

It has the same wattage as the oppo r17 pro and that goes from 0-40 in 10 minutes and 0-100 in 35 minutes, but time will tell. Given that the oneplus 6t is just over hour , I'd say this will be under.

I'm sure I heard a mention of 2 day battery , so id say 50%.

Notice how the OnePlus website doesn't with a while now, refer to their chargers and cables as dash charge anymore?
    They just say fast charge now.
    Whether or not the new charging will be quicker,a rebrand was on the cards anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Notice how the OnePlus website doesn't with a while now, refer to their chargers and cables as dash charge anymore?
    They just say fast charge now.
    Whether or not the new charging will be quicker,a rebrand was on the cards anyway.

It's some legal thing.

McLaren edition announced at 9.30 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Mr Velo wrote: »

Meh, never noticed any issues on either my onplus 1, 3 or 6T when making calls.

Advertisement