Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Options
  • 07-10-2018 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

So this is being announced in next 24 hours as per their Facebook and Twitter page.

Its pretty obvious whats different in this ie no headphone jack, smaller notch, in screen fingerprint.

Anyone actually planning to get one.

Edit: False alarm, the announcement today seems to be the announcement of the launch event, which is on 30th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

I was thinking of going for a OP6 for the past while. I currently have a 3T but I said I'd hang on to see what the 6T brings.

If the price jumps a fair bit I would go back to looking for a OP6 (stock getting low on sites) but as usual in 12 months time I'll still have teh 3T and be thinking of an upgrade :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

cargo wrote: »

If the price jumps a fair bit I would go back to looking for a OP6 (stock getting low on sites)

From what I have read there might be a 20£ increase in price from last year. Might end up being 20/30e here.

They are announcing in quickly just to get it a day before the Pixel 3 announcement on Tuesday (which already is being sold in HK with videos on Youtube). Normally there would be a announcement date weeks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This is early isn't it? Nice one.

What is it like these days for stock levels? Like if I wait and see what happens in NY on Tuesday and not jump straight away how likely am I to have to wait to order?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Still using my OnePlus 2. Was going to get a new 6 but decided to wait for the 6T.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

Any idea what time this will be announced tomorrow?

• Advertisement

They said after 24 hours at 1pm yesterday so assuming 1pm. I hope the announcement is not the actual announcement for the launch event date but the phone itself. I dont see them holding a big event though as its a T model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Anyone have a rough idea of a price? 600+?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

dan786 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

So this is being announced in next 24 hours as per their Facebook and Twitter page.

Its pretty obvious whats different in this ie no headphone jack, smaller notch, in screen fingerprint.

Anyone actually planning to get one.

Not anymore, no jack no reason for me to buy. Yes they will have a usb dongle but they are never the same and you cant charge and use it at the same time. Perhaps next time (if they return the jack)

You can get headphones that play over Bluetooth and don't have a cable these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Im pretty sure it is to be announced 17th October, I think today they will just be giving the official date for launch

• Advertisement

Im pretty sure it is to be announced 17th October, I think today they will just be giving the official date for launch

I'd say so too. none of the Android sites are billing this as anything more than announcement of a date and they've probably had the 6T for a while now under embargo so they'd know the launch date.

Just read an article there now, yeah seems to be the case. Why announce an announcement time for launch event when its already known though.

Ah well 17th is not too far.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd say so too. none of the Android sites are billing this as anything more than announcement of a date and they've probably had the 6T for a while now under embargo so they'd know the launch date.

Although I now see on places like android headlines that it could actually be the release and that they arent doing a proper launch for it, who knows!

I dont really see a point of an event. The phone is exact same apart from 3 changes that they have already advertised. So dont really see the need for an actual event.

Do they ever do an event for the T's?

Might just be announcing today that you can buy from the 17th.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Do they ever do an event for the T's?

Might just be announcing today that you can buy from the 17th.

They had a Youtube press event for 5T.

dan786 wrote: »
    I dont really see a point of an event. The phone is exact same apart from 3 changes that they have already advertised. So dont really see the need for an actual event.

My thoughts exactly. We shall see in 5-6 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

let's see if it's worth upgrading else i'll wait for the 7t ;)

Tickets for the event now on sale on the site. In New York. Ah well bit more wait. 30th October.

OP 6t will now be available to EE and Vodafone customers in the UK

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/10/oneplus-has-officially-made-it/

now i wonder would that offer apply here in Ireland as well? They won't be unlocked so would be great to purchase it on pay as you go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Would be interested in this phone, bought the Oneplus one when it launched, and then the Oneplus 3. I'm looking for a bit of an upgrade and to treat myself.

Just for anyone that didnt see, the launch event for this has been changed to one day earlier. Monday 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

xtal191 wrote: »

I'll be buying but going to wait for the red one.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭breeno

No updates to the rear camera on the 6 which wasn't even competing with the flagships to begin with. Disappointing.

Will have to wait for 7t then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

breeno wrote: »
    No updates to the rear camera on the 6 which wasn't even competing with the flagships to begin with. Disappointing.

It's half the price of some of the flagships. The camera is one of the biggest areas where they can cut cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's half the price of some of the flagships. The camera is one of the biggest areas where they can cut cost.

I fully agree. I'm assuming this will be competing with the new S10. How much will one of those cost to buy new with 8GB Ram and 256GB of storage? A hell of a lot more than €600 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭breeno

Agree on the cost arguments compared to the big names but Xiaomi and Huawei are producing superb camera tech for the same price and often cheaper than Oneplus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The top new Huawei mate 20 costs well over 1000 quid.

Advertisement