Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda January intake 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

I really hope the March thing isn’t true! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    I really hope the March thing isn’t true! :(

Ring hrm and ask them for confirmd dates

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Rprat wrote: »
    I’m from the 2017 campaign and I was on to HRM this morning about my vetting but was told it was outstanding but wouldn’t tell me why! Do they normally say why or is just the person I got on the phone? I’ve passed everything so just waiting for this!
    I've passed everything since last june 2017. Plenty of heartbreaks. Didn't have a holiday this year anticipating a call up. Gave up calling hrm. That helps a little

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Apparently the word down in templemore is that the next intake is being pushed back to March
    Word from who? Is this speculation from trainees down there? The government have recently, and very publicly, committed to taking in 800 new recruits in 2019, and have already provided the funds to do so. Based on what was said here they struggled to fill the last intake, but to completely suspend this intake would be a bit of a step. Especially considering that there will be likely 100-300 new recruits from the 2018 campaign ready in the next few months.
    Rumours down in templemore is all he said my friend. I hope that's all it is

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

Hi, did any of you do any course for the second stage? I have been invited for the second stage and I want to make sure I do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 peader06

Hi, did any of you do any course for the second stage? I have been invited for the second stage and I want to make sure I do well.

I didn’t do any course for any stage. Currently waiting on my vetting to clear then an invite

• Registered Users Posts: 11 123see41

Hey guys my first time posting I'm from June 17 missed the October take due to failing the sit ups. Done retest Saturday and passed rang hrm this morning all vetting complete. I asked them about the January intake and she said there won't be a January intake that it will be April. Has anyone else been told the same? Was really hoping for January:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Car2

April 19 next intake. Just onto HRM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pubsize

If April is the next intake does this mean we'll still see 4 intakes in 2019 but just in a shorter time frame? Maybe April, June, September, December etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AdamMc90

Please god the fella whose father in law does the first aid is right. He was right in October anyway. Have HRM ever said a later month to anyone before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Joda96

Car2 wrote: »
    April 19 next intake. Just onto HRM.

Can't understand this, surely they could make up the numbers from those of us from September 2016 and 2017s competition ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

AdamMc90 wrote: »
    Please god the fella whose father in law does the first aid is right. He was right in October anyway. Have HRM ever said a later month to anyone before?

I just text the buddy, waiting on a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

123see41 wrote: »
    Hey guys my first time posting I'm from June 17 missed the October take due to failing the sit ups. Done retest Saturday and passed rang hrm this morning all vetting complete. I asked them about the January intake and she said there won't be a January intake that it will be April. Has anyone else been told the same? Was really hoping for January:(

Did they say they had received your results from the fitness test yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 123see41

Did they say they had received your results from the fitness test yet?

I didn't ask. I told them I had it Saturday and passed and asked about my vetting she said my vetting is complete and I then asked about January and she said there is no intake for January that it will be April.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

HRM could be wrong, it would make sense to have it in Jan 2019 going by 2018

Some disaster if it’s true! I’ll still be checking emails on Friday just in case

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Some disaster if it’s true! I’ll still be checking emails on Friday just in case

It will be so disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Yeah hopefully enough thats miss information , I'm driving them mad at work as it is thinking I'd be finished up in October ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Rparker17 wrote: »
    I just text the buddy, waiting on a reply

Fingers crossed you hear back.

paddyCPW wrote: »
    It will be so disappointing!

I was told in September there’d be no offers out for a few weeks but offers came out the next day so you never know! Worrying that people were actually told there won’t be one until April though :-/

• Advertisement

Yeah hopefully enough thats miss information , I'm driving them mad at work as it is thinking I'd be finished up in October ha

When did you apply and get your PCT finished?

When did you apply and get your PCT finished?

Finished pct since August and applied 2017

Finished pct since August and applied 2017

Surprised you didn't get taken in October.

Surprised you didn't get taken in October.

Ah vetting was outstanding , say I would have if it wasn't for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ALD123

I’m from the June 17 campaign and emailed to see when the offers were coming out and was told the PCT (which I passed on December 1st) was only one element of the application and I have outstanding vetting, does anyone know what this actually means? I assumed since I progressed that my vetting was fine. Have no family or anything abroad so I’m confused as to what has gone wrong to be honest.

ALD123 wrote: »
    I’m from the June 17 campaign and emailed to see when the offers were coming out and was told the PCT (which I passed on December 1st) was only one element of the application and I have outstanding vetting, does anyone know what this actually means? I assumed since I progressed that my vetting was fine. Have no family or anything abroad so I’m confused as to what has gone wrong to be honest.

Did you have the meeting with the Super?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ALD123

Did you have the meeting with the Super?
    Yeah I did, I’ve everything done as far as I can tell anyway

ALD123 wrote: »
    Yeah I did, I’ve everything done as far as I can tell anyway

I had a meeting with Super and he said he would sign off the vetting and send it back up.. I should probably ring and find out myself. I'm from June 17 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dayday888

The January intake has been pushed back till April guys....

• Advertisement

dayday888 wrote: »
    The January intake has been pushed back till April guys....

For definite?

Advertisement