Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda January intake 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jojomama

I myself am from the September 2016 campaign. I’ve everything completed since February last year or maybe even longer I’ve actually lost count.
    I keep getting the “there’s still a bit of vetting to be done” and a solid goodbye. HR only dish out the info it’s never their fault but something has to give soon. I’m gonna ring them again today.
    It’s actually January or never for me, I’m holding back in my current job on purpose as I don’t want to get in line for promotions and courses as it inflates my contract. But I’ve been doing this a year now with no communication from the Gaurds. My head is gone with all this.

That is such a pickle. I haven't even heard my results from interview yet but I just read this and thought my goodness that's terrible, I can really imagine the worry and you don't want to mess anyone around. I don't think anyone minds waiting if they have safety in knowledge, I was told by someone that generally unsuitable letters are rare enough so try to not think about that side of it. Is there no one to speak to about this in Templemore? Any support? Hang in there. You've waited this long and I hope you get some sort of reassurance soon. You're a lot nearer than me to getting through those gates that's for sure :) chin up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I myself am from the September 2016 campaign. I’ve everything completed since February last year or maybe even longer I’ve actually lost count.
    I keep getting the “there’s still a bit of vetting to be done” and a solid goodbye. HR only dish out the info it’s never their fault but something has to give soon. I’m gonna ring them again today.
    It’s actually January or never for me, I’m holding back in my current job on purpose as I don’t want to get in line for promotions and courses as it inflates my contract. But I’ve been doing this a year now with no communication from the Gaurds. My head is gone with all this.

Guys sorry to harp on. Just on this above. Don't put your life on hold. Thankfully I didn't, I am in a well paying role. If I had of put my life on hold, I would be 3 years behind in my career. Thankfully I made tracks into my career, changed career and took promotions as they came to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

All this about rejections has now made me so nervous. I'm from 2016 intake, have everything passed, just waiting on vetting and have been able to console myself in the knowledge that I have everything done on my side, regards to vetting my extended family and I have clean records so just a matter of sit back and wait patiently for the call and send a few sporatic emails looking for updates on the file but now I'm not so sure anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oojaymoo

I applied back in September 2016 too. Everything finished by that February. Was stuck on "outstanding vetting" up until last week. I am now being told that my file has been sent for decision. Any idea on how long that takes guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EMD1990

From the June 2017 campaign and exactly the same. Vetting aparently done & now waiting to be signed off. Depends what day you ring and who you talk to, answers vary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭ Jabari Shaggy Arrowhead

Who signs off on the vetting do ye know? It is HRM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oojaymoo

Who signs off on the vetting do ye know? It is HRM?

Garda commissioner I think?.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

Nowlan95 wrote: »
    It's probably still better than having relations in the UK that's what's holding my vetting up. I'm from June 2017 and OOM 66
    Hi I’m in the same boat Oom 70, have you heard anything since or what have they told you?

Kh90 wrote: »
    Hi I’m in the same boat Oom 70, have you heard anything since or what have they told you?

I'm from June 2018 recruitment [snipped]. My local sergeant has brought me in and got in touch with all my referees and is sending my file back up to vetting to get it processed. I've had an invite for an Information Day in Templemore to run through the PCT and I've had an email from HRM to confirm no dates have been scheduled yet for the actual PCT's. I have also yet to have my medical.

Do you reckon I'll be waiting for months? Some think that my file is being processed fast enough.

• Advertisement

Oojaymoo wrote: »
    Garda commissioner I think?.?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

I'm from June 2018 recruitment and OOM 56. My local sergeant has brought me in and got in touch with all my referees and is sending my file back up to vetting to get it processed. I've had an invite for an Information Day in Templemore to run through the PCT and I've had an email from HRM to confirm no dates have been scheduled yet for the actual PCT's. I have also yet to have my medical.
    It is very hard to know everyone waiting is so different, I flew through everything very quick until it came to vetting and that’s what seems to be holding me up for months

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ThrillHo29

Hi lads,

I applied in the 2017 campaign. Latest update I got said my file is "being processed and will be forwarded for the Commissioner to make a decision". I presume that means it's beyond the vetting stage then? Did anyone get told anything similar?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

ThrillHo29 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I applied in the 2017 campaign. Latest update I got said my file is "being processed and will be forwarded for the Commissioner to make a decision". I presume that means it's beyond the vetting stage then? Did anyone get told anything similar?

Thanks

Sounds like it. Mines is still 'outstanding'

What's your OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ThrillHo29

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Sounds like it. Mines is still 'outstanding'

What's your OOM?

Thought so but they seem to have phrased it differently so was a bit thrown off by it.
    OOM is in the 80's from 2017 campaign. Fitness done since February.

I've been told that your OOM means nothing once you're done with Public Appointments Office. It's all down to your vetting after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

I've been told that your OOM means nothing once you're done with Public Appointments Office. It's all down to your vetting after that.

When I rang HRM they said that once everything has cleared your order of merit counts in how you’ll get offered a place first before someone else in the next intake.

When I rang HRM they said that once everything has cleared your order of merit counts in how you’ll get offered a place first before someone else in the next intake.

Really! Well if HRM said it then great! im [snipped] from June 2018 campaign so Im hoping early next yr I'll get to Templemore.

I have my PCT retest in the 1st of December just got the email. Anyone have their fitness test that day too?

ThrillHo29 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Thanks

I'm in the exact same position myself

• Advertisement

I have my PCT retest in the 1st of December just got the email. Anyone have their fitness test that day too?

That's Great! Nope haven't heard a thing yet about mine. Are you 2017/18 campaign?

That's Great! Nope haven't heard a thing yet about mine. Are you 2017/18 campaign?

I’m from May 2017. My vetting is cleared so hopefully I’ll pass the retest and start in Jan. I just have the obstacle course and push pull to do. Failed the push pull by 2kg. Very frustrating!

I’m from May 2017. My vetting is cleared so hopefully I’ll pass the retest and start in Jan. I just have the obstacle course and push pull to do. Failed the push pull by 2kg. Very frustrating!

Oh really! 2Kg? How long do you have to do the push and pull machine for? I'll be waiting a while so! I've had my meeting with the Sgt in local station and she has checked all my references and got the paperwork back up to vetting. Im so eager to start. I'm really gonna train hard now til I get called for the PCT. Being female I know I have to try harder training.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Anyone have hrm number ?

Oh really! 2Kg? How long do you have to do the push and pull machine for? I'll be waiting a while so! I've had my meeting with the Sgt in local station and she has checked all my references and got the paperwork back up to vetting. Im so eager to start. I'm really gonna train hard now til I get called for the PCT. Being female I know I have to try harder training.

The push pull is for 30 seconds I think. I would definitely advise you to start training ASAP. I’m a girl too and I found it so tough. You’d need a good 2/3 months to get your strength and fitness up. I would suggest a personal trainer that helped me a lot! You’d be surprised how quickly you’ll get called for the fitness test.
    I did my fitness sept 1st failed the push pull and they said I’m deferred for 3 months. 3 weeks later they email me to see if I’m willing to do my retest early so that I would go in in the October intake the following week. I put it off just so I know I’d have more time to train to make sure I pass in December. It comes out of the blue so try start getting your fitness up to the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Ah best of luck droptheworld I hope your retest goes well!

Anyone have hrm number ?

01 6662571

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Really! Well if HRM said it then great! im OOM 56 from June 2018 campaign so Im hoping early next yr I'll get to Templemore.

June 2018 ?? There is still few hundreds people from 2017 waiting so i wouldnt count on it

The push pull is for 30 seconds I think. I would definitely advise you to start training ASAP. I’m a girl too and I found it so tough. You’d need a good 2/3 months to get your strength and fitness up. I would suggest a personal trainer that helped me a lot! You’d be surprised how quickly you’ll get called for the fitness test.
    I did my fitness sept 1st failed the push pull and they said I’m deferred for 3 months. 3 weeks later they email me to see if I’m willing to do my retest early so that I would go in in the October intake the following week. I put it off just so I know I’d have more time to train to make sure I pass in December. It comes out of the blue so try start getting your fitness up to the standard.

Thanks i will! Were you waiting long between interview and pct?

• Advertisement

Thanks i will! Were you waiting long between interview and pct?

I was delayed for mine. I did interview December medical April I had to get laser eye surgery so when I resubmitted my clearance letter the start of August I had the fitness the start of September.

Advertisement