Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

They want to be treated differently and claim a different 'culture' except when it comes to claiming social welfare. Strange that... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Road laws don't matter to them, theft laws don't matter to them basically any law that is out there doesn't matter to them only the ones they want to give them extra protection and status....

When is the people of Ireland going to wake up to this nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Shur they'll probably have a football team next..

Ref blows the whistle...corner flags, goalposts and the ball are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

sightband wrote: »

After what happened the ref that sent off the traveller last week, I wouldn't fancy reffing one of their matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Gravelly wrote: »
    After what happened the ref that sent off the traveller last week, I wouldn't fancy reffing one of their matches.

Is that the ref that got attacked in the car park after a soccer match in athlone?

• Advertisement

Is that the ref that got attacked in the car park after a soccer match in athlone?

Yes. He made the mistake of sending off a traveller. The relatives weren't happy, and just happened, by pure coincidence, to have come to the game armed with some of the usual traveller implements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yes. He made the mistake of sending off a traveller. The relatives weren't happy, and just happened, by pure coincidence, to have come to the game armed with some of the usual traveller implements.

Jaysus,the mainstream media not reporting this? Surprise surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Christ. Although the possibility did cross my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Jaysus,the mainstream media not reporting this? Surprise surprise

But that would be blatant racism!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's their culture to be complete arseholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Graces7 wrote: »
    Yes I get all that but noone is making any suggestions that do not involve cutting existing benefits that would rebound on existing children?

Because hitting them in their wallets is the only way to get them to make changes that are crucial for the betterment of their children and giving them a better future. Go to any country round the world and the universal belief is that education of children to give them a better future is the MOST important thing to raise any group out of poverty, be it from Africa to India to anywhere! Education is not a "Settled-Irish" thing...its a universally accepted truth and standard to almost every culture around the globe! Ya see pics of kids in Africa of "2 years ago these kids were staving...but now they have a school and so can read a write and get jobs to help their families and so uplift them out of poverty"

But then Travellers pull their kids out of school at 10, most likely because "everyone there is racist against me n me kids", just like their parents did......and then turn around and stamp their feet and claim racism when they cant get jobs (and its never there could have been a better candidate...oh no, perish the thought) when any person who finished their Junior Cert is better educated than them and probably a better fit for the role, with a better grasp of the word around them!
    And probably as this is a cultural heritage thing, you are aiming too high in wanting them to change? what you call "the cycle" is their way of life for generations.

But change is the one major constant in life! Just look at the tech revolution in the past 30 years with the rise of smaller and smaller micro-processors and its effects on life and work.

Put it another way...few generations back weren't we locking unmarried mothers up in houses and forcing them to wash sheets for a few years....should we bring that back as keeping up with the "good o'l days" ? Or treating gay people like criminals? Both were fairly commonly upheld beliefs in Irish culture but were driven out as the people within Irish life saw it as scummy. Wheres that element within Traveller culture? Or do they all hold to the belief that having their kids be massively uneducated and poorly equipped for life is a good thing? Or marrying girls off at 14 or 15 is fine (but also illegal in this state..and you cant hand wave away with "culture")?
    Any changes would have to be subtle and not trying to make them conform to "our" way of life. It seems as if folk are expecting them to stop being Travellers? And current ideas are clearly not working.

Their culture has to be respected? Accepted? Deal within it? You will never get them to act as if they were not Travellers.

Dunno about "culture"...but would like them to obey all the rules of law for this land. Or even just respect Irish culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Graces7 wrote: »
    so your answer is? starve the children?
    If it stops them robbing me yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Any links for this btw?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Any links for this btw?

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    B

Dunno about "culture"...but would like them to obey all the rules of law for this land. Or even just respect Irish culture.

I assume you mean like settled people do !!!!

If memory serves, the hutches and kinahans who happen to be driving around in flash cars with guns in them and shooting innocent people aren't travellers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

A friend of mine had his work van broken into and all of his tools stolen. Thousands of pounds worth. He went to the gardai who told him there was probably no chance of him getting them back. No problem with the guard's there hands are tied on this. Anyway on the way out a garda told him of a certain market on a Saturday morning where he might be fit to buy them back cheap. Who is shouting about my friends rights. Anyhow until this minority start to behave like decent honest citizens they should be entitled to sweet f.a.

A similar occurrance happened a tradesman friend of mine. Only he didn't approach the guards. After having his tools stolen he had a look around the local market the next weekend. One stall took his interest as the tools looked familiar. Obviously alot of tools look similar but luckily he'd put his initials under the handles and bits of tape on his tools. He pulled down the handle on a hammer and sure enough there was his initials.
    He told the cultured man behind the stall that he'd be taking all the tools on the table. The man looked delighted and quoted him a price.

My friend said no, I'll just be taking back my tools and 3 of my friends workmates who'd been listening behind him, and were holding some of their work tools in their hands due to wanting to keep them safe because of recent robberies, helped him clear the table into his van.

I assume you mean like settled people do !!!!

If memory serves, the hutches and kinahans who happen to be driving around in flash cars with guns in them and shooting innocent people aren't travellers;)

Do the hutches and Kinahans have a taxpayer-funded quango disseminating positive propaganda about them?
    Do the hutches and kinahans have special ethnic status?
    Do the hutches and kinihans get special grants for education and training above ordinary people?
    Do the hutches and kinihans get special housing with extra parking for all their flash cars and room for a caravan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Margaret on the sideline cheering on, her vagina doubling up as a megaphone

That's actually not true

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    That's actually not true

What's not true?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Any links for this btw?

Was just about to ask the same. Hadn't heard any links to travellers in that incident until reading it here. Anyone know any more?

• Advertisement

Was just about to ask the same. Hadn't heard any links to travellers in that incident until reading it here. Anyone know any more?

The people involved are from a very well known family who are involved in a long-running feud in Mullingar. The leader of the incident is on bail for very serious charges from another incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Margaret on the sideline cheering on, her vagina doubling up as a megaphone

Would you have to shout into her arsė?

Would you have to shout into her arsė?

I was under the impression the shouting came out of her arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I was under the impression the shouting came out of her arse.

Then you'd have to speak into her ..... God no am not finishing that sentence!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

A similar occurrance happened a tradesman friend of mine. Only he didn't approach the guards. After having his tools stolen he had a look around the local market the next weekend. One stall took his interest as the tools looked familiar. Obviously alot of tools look similar but luckily he'd put his initials under the handles and bits of tape on his tools. He pulled down the handle on a hammer and sure enough there was his initials.
    He told the cultured man behind the stall that he'd be taking all the tools on the table. The man looked delighted and quoted him a price.

My friend said no, I'll just be taking back my tools and 3 of my friends workmates who'd been listening behind him, and were holding some of their work tools in their hands due to wanting to keep them safe because of recent robberies, helped him clear the table into his van.

I hope that’s all true. You’d need some bottle even with four of you to pull that off in the middle of a market riddled with them. Some of them have absolutely no restraint.

I hope that’s all true. You’d need some bottle even with four of you to pull that off in the middle of a market riddled with them. Some of them have absolutely no restraint.

As long as you are not outnumbered more than 4 or 5 to 1 you'd be ok. I've never heard of travellers attacking men one-on-one (unless the man is elderly) - they only attack if they have overwhelming odds. Even when they are robbing the elderly, they travel in gangs.

As long as you are not outnumbered more than 4 or 5 to 1 you'd be ok. I've never heard of travellers attacking men one-on-one (unless the man is elderly) - they only attack if they have overwhelming odds. Even when they are robbing the elderly, they travel in gangs.

Very true. Can attest to this having been jumped (from behind) by about 12 of them.

Very true. Can attest to this having been jumped (from behind) by about 12 of them.

As a young man in college, a group of us were out in a certain Cork hostelry one night, when one of our group "had words" with a member of the travelling community out of sight of the rest of us. There was some handbags, nothing serious, and the traveller went off, muttering threats. He came back and told us about it, and we thought no more of it at the time.
    Later that evening, we left the bar, and as our guy stepped out the door, 5 travellers appeared from the darkness. One had a Crocodile Dundee-style knife, and another one had what appeared to be a bicycle chain. Before they could make a move, one of my college classmates pushed the rest of us aside and stepped forward. He was (and still is) an extremely large Limerick man, with hands like shovels, and who was a terror on the rugby pitch back then. He drew himself up to his full six foot 6 and asked calmly "Alright cünts, which two of ye are first?"
    Our ethnic friends couldn't decide who would be first, and left in a hurry.

As a young man in college, a group of us were out in a certain Cork hostelry one night, when one of our group "had words" with a member of the travelling community out of sight of the rest of us. There was some handbags, nothing serious, and the traveller went off, muttering threats. He came back and told us about it, and we thought no more of it at the time.
    Later that evening, we left the bar, and as our guy stepped out the door, 5 travellers appeared from the darkness. One had a Crocodile Dundee-style knife, and another one had what appeared to be a bicycle chain. Before they could make a move, one of my college classmates pushed the rest of us aside and stepped forward. He was (and still is) an extremely large Limerick man, with hands like shovels, and who was a terror on the rugby pitch back then. He drew himself up to his full six foot 6 and asked calmly "Alright cünts, which two of ye are first?"
    Our ethnic friends couldn't decide who would be first, and left in a hurry.

My ethnic mates didn't even have the sort of misguided, animalistic reason that yours did, was just for craic I'd have to guess.

Unfortunately I didn't have your 6' 6" mate there but was saved from what would have been permanent injuries by some friends who were close by but they got a few smacks themselves. Without numbers they wouldn't even lift their head to look at you.

• Advertisement

My ethnic mates didn't even have the sort of misguided, animalistic reason that yours did, was just for craic I'd have to guess.

Unfortunately I didn't have your 6' 6" mate there but was saved from what would have been permanent injuries by some friends who were close by but they got a few smacks themselves. Without numbers they wouldn't even lift their head to look at you.

Very true about needing the numbers - most of them are like beaten dogs when they're on their own.

My 6'6" mate saved myself and several others from many the hiding in our college years, some of which we may have deserved!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement