Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I assume you mean like settled people do !!!!

If memory serves, the hutches and kinahans who happen to be driving around in flash cars with guns in them and shooting innocent people aren't travellers;)
    Ah that's woeful.

Nobody has denied that there are settled people who commit crimes. And they are roundly criticised.

The percentage of crimes proportionate to the traveller population is much much higher though - to the point that it's an integral part of their culture. Accepted by it. Crime in settled society is not accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Gravelly wrote: »

He drew himself up to his full six foot 6 and asked calmly "Alright cünts, which two of ye are first?"

Brilliant ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Has she been housed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Has she been housed yet?

She has never been without a roof though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Oh I know just wondering if her stunt worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭893bet

Certainly used to staring at the ceiling anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Oh I know just wondering if her stunt worked.
    We know that something that rhymes with it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

dinorebel wrote: »
    We know that something that rhymes with it does.

Shunt..... Am I close...... C u next Tuesday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I worked in a large retail shop during the recession, I worked in the menswear department which was up stairs and the womens was downstairs. The women travellers used to change the prices of the clothes to something cheap, say a red jacket was 50 euro , they'd get a price tag off a red t-shirt worth a 5 euro and swap them. Then they'd bring the womens clothes upstairs to mens tills ,hoping we wouldnt cop it. Caught loads of them doing it. They'd just say that that price tag was already on it , play dumband walk out . I remember this traveller brought up a pair of shoes, when i scanned it , it came up on the till as a plate worth 2 euro. I coudnt stop laughing. They'd rob ya blind if you gave them the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Jaysus,the mainstream media not reporting this? Surprise surprise

Yeah, I just read about it today after googling the team.
    All 4 involved in the attack on the ref were travellers.

https://extra.ie/2018/11/17/news/irish-news/soccer-referee-attack-on-bail-assault

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Its not just RTE.

And that is the nicest thing I will ever say about RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

After what happened the ref that sent off the traveller last week, I wouldn't fancy reffing one of their matches.
    nice_guy80 wrote: »
    That's actually not true
    Yeah, I just rad about it today after googling the team.

https://extra.ie/2018/11/17/news/irish-news/soccer-referee-attack-on-bail-assault

nice_guy80, care to respond? You seemed very sure of yourself....

....Tumbleweeds....

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Interesting that the victim publicly "forgave" the attackers the very next day. I genuinely wonder was he forced, coerced or advised to, considering that it has now transpired who the attackers are.

Mullingar FC getting slated on FB for their handling of this. They set up a go fund me page for the ref asking for public support and never donated to the fund themselves.

Interesting that the victim publicly "forgave" the attackers the very next day. I genuinely wonder was he forced, coerced or advised to, considering that it has now transpired who the attackers are.

One of the attackers is a very serious operator indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Yeah, I just rad about it today after googling the team.

members of a well known settled Traveller family
    Can we stop this bullsh!t of calling people who live in houses travellers? They are rejecting the harsh life of living in a caravan and want an easier life living in a house. They are choosing to be settled people but still want all the benefits of being classed as "Travellers". You have third and fourth generation living in houses, still claiming to be travellers. Nonsense. Either you are settled or a traveller. A settled traveller is an oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I don't agree with RTE's usual handling of reporting but in this case I reckon the haven't named those involved due to an ongoing Garda investigation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Oh my god yes - I saw the poor guy on RTE news saying he held no animosity towards this crowd who had hospitalised him. I was thinking "Why the hell not?!" Bloody hell it would be far more understandable.

I'm shocked they even reported them as being travellers, fair play, one of the very few.

Was just about to post that it makes sense now why he came out and forgave them so quickly.
    KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I don't agree with RTE's usual handling of reporting but in this case I reckon the haven't named those involved due to an ongoing Garda investigation

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Can we stop this bullsh!t of calling people who live in houses travellers? They are rejecting the harsh life of living in a caravan and want an easier life living in a house. They are choosing to be settled people but still want all the benefits of being classed as "Travellers". You have third and fourth generation living in houses, still claiming to be travellers. Nonsense. Either you are settled or a traveller. A settled traveller is an oxymoron.

I always thought that myself.
    But I suppose they see it as a continuation of thier culture.
    I think time as caught up on the travellers.
    About 60-70 years ago they would have fit into society more.
    When Ireland was a more agricultural based society, they used to make tin craft items, they could also help farmers on farms when they needed labourers.
    Academic education was not seen as a necessity in those days.
    The clan culture of the travellers was not far removed what it was like for the settled community in large families.

Now we have a more educated global society with technology that has really changed how people interact, sell goods and communicate.

Yet we are still living in a world where some travellers think is ok to knock on the door of settled people and ask for food. Then find it thrown away down the road if it did not meet the standards.
    I often wonder what sort of reaction settled people would get if they went up to campsites and asked have you any spare food?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Three players and one “fan” involved in the assault. This is the “fan” who was once a player but was banned because of this.....

https://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/news/roundup/articles/2007/11/24/27521-violence-mars-weekend-soccer-and-gaa-games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

A Few Travellers were on Liveline with Joe Duffy there a few weeks ago (Before this incident) and were playing the poor mouth with the whole "people keep abusing me and I'm giving up football because of it" Spiel. They are absolutely useless fuccks, 95% are scum of the earth who rob anything they can. They are pretty much incapable of contributing anything decent to our society.

Peter Casey had it right, they deserve absolutely nothing from the state.

Pavee point will be on every station with there usual defence "There is elements of criminality in the settled community too". What he wont say is that is maybe 5% of the settle community.

That story about giving up sport because of racism never sat right with me. Seemed a load of balls at the time and still does.

That story about giving up sport because of racism never sat right with me. Seemed a load of balls at the time and still does.

I'm heavily involved in soccer and have been for decades, and I know of no player, of any race, religion, or creed that has had to give up soccer because of racism. I've managed, coached, and played on teams that had catholics, protestants, muslims, black, white, and brown, travellers and homeless people, of every nationality, and I've never had an incident of racism in any of those teams. Travellers claiming to have had to give up soccer because of racism are absolute spoofers. They are the same as the lads that you meet in every pub in the country that will tell you about all the trials they had in England but they had to give up because of a dodgy knee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm heavily involved in soccer and have been for decades, and I know of no player, of any race, religion, or creed that has had to give up soccer because of racism. I've managed, coached, and played on teams that had catholics, protestants, muslims, black, white, and brown, travellers and homeless people, of every nationality, and I've never had an incident of racism in any of those teams. Travellers claiming to have had to give up soccer because of racism are absolute spoofers. They are the same as the lads that you meet in every pub in the country that will tell you about all the trials they had in England but they had to give up because of a dodgy knee.

I've met travellers that were ON trial in England.

I've met travellers that were ON trial in England.

Ive met travellers who were wanted for trials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Ive met travellers who were wanted for trials.

I hear they are wanted for trials all over the place. Must be naturally gifted at..........stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement