Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I suspect certain posters like to try to derail threads (for their own inexplicable ends). Part of that tactic is to provoke responses from their fellow posters that they can then report and get the said poster banned.

It’s especially noticeable when they don’t have a leg to stand on and are bereft of a counter-argument.
    Sometimes it's as simple as righteous indignation gives people a sense of moral superiority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Graces7 wrote: »
    but I have never written a dishonest post; terrible thing to accuse of.
    I'm genuinely sorry that that upset you but you accused the poster of implying the children should be starved when you know they did no such thing. That's what I saw as dishonest - and a much worse thing to be accused of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭malinheader

A friend of mine had his work van broken into and all of his tools stolen. Thousands of pounds worth. He went to the gardai who told him there was probably no chance of him getting them back. No problem with the guard's there hands are tied on this. Anyway on the way out a garda told him of a certain market on a Saturday morning where he might be fit to buy them back cheap. Who is shouting about my friends rights. Anyhow until this minority start to behave like decent honest citizens they should be entitled to sweet f.a.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Oh don't worry Maggie is still around

Protest March for Travellers of Ireland in Dublin on 2nd of December to look forward to

Protest against Mr Peter Casey and apparently travlers want to be made an ethnic group of settled people through law

Now they want to be an ethnic group of settled people!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2239674716289515&set=p.2239674716289515&type=3&theater

“PROTEST MARCH FOR TRAVLERS OF IRELAND IN DUBLIN ON THE 2nd DECEMBER 2018

PADDY DOHERTY AND MYSELF ARE CURRENTLY ORGANISING A PROTEST MARCH AGAINST Mr PETER CASEY AND ALSO WE WANT TO GET IT THROUGH TO WHOEVER THAT IT MAY CONCERN THAT TRAVLERS WANT TO BE MADE AN ETHNIC GROUP OF SETTLED PEOPLE THROUGH LAW , WERE NO DIFFERENT THEN MUSLIMS , ASIANS OR BLACKS OR AFRO OR CARIBBEAN OR WHATEVER CREED OR CULTURE THERE IS OUT THERE AND PUBLIC OR AS WE SAY COUNTRY PEOPLE CAN’T BE ABUSIVE OR DISCRIMINATING AGAINST THEM SO WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE BE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST OUR TRAVLER COMMUNITY , ITS NO GOOD HAVING ONE LAW FOR ONE COMMUNITY AND NOTHING FOR ANOTHER AND WE WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO TRAVLERS AND MAKE OUR COMMUNITY A ETHNIC GROUP OF PEOPLE THROUGH LAW , AND IM NOT BEING RACIST WHAT IM GOING TO SAY NOW BUT IF WE OR ANYONE ELSE CALLED A MEMBER FROM THE BLACK COMMUNITY A NAME OR CALLED SOMEONE A PAKI OR ANYTHING ELSE WE WOULD GET ARRESTED FOR THAT SO WHY DO WE HAVE TO TOLERATE BEING CALLED NAMES AND RACIST ABUSE AND CONSTANTLY BEING TURNT AWAY FROM PLACES JUST BECAUSE OF OUR CULTURE
    THIS NEEDS TO STOP WERE HUMAN BEINGS JUST LIKE ALL THESE OTHER CREEDS AND CULTURES , SO WERE ASKING FOR AS MANY TRAVLERS AS POSSIBLE IN DUBLIN ON THE 2nd OF DECEMBER AND ITS TIME TO ACT NOW ITS TIME YOU ALL DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT”

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Do they not realise they are already a protected ethnicity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2239674716289515&set=p.2239674716289515&type=3&theater

PADDY DOHERTY AND MYSELF ARE CURRENTLY ORGANISING A PROTEST MARCH AGAINST Mr PETER CASEY AND ALSO WE WANT TO GET IT THROUGH TO WHOEVER THAT IT MAY CONCERN THAT TRAVLERS WANT TO BE MADE AN ETHNIC GROUP OF SETTLED PEOPLE THROUGH LAW , WERE NO DIFFERENT THEN MUSLIMS , ASIANS OR BLACKS OR AFRO OR CARIBBEAN OR WHATEVER CREED OR CULTURE THERE IS OUT THERE AND PUBLIC OR AS WE SAY COUNTRY PEOPLE CAN’T BE ABUSIVE OR DISCRIMINATING AGAINST THEM SO WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE BE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST OUR TRAVLER COMMUNITY , ITS NO GOOD HAVING ONE LAW FOR ONE COMMUNITY AND NOTHING FOR ANOTHER AND WE WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO TRAVLERS AND MAKE OUR COMMUNITY A ETHNIC GROUP OF PEOPLE THROUGH LAW , AND IM NOT BEING RACIST WHAT IM GOING TO SAY NOW BUT IF WE OR ANYONE ELSE CALLED A MEMBER FROM THE BLACK COMMUNITY A NAME OR CALLED SOMEONE A PEAKI OR ANYTHING ELSE WE WOULD GET ARRESTED FOR THAT SO WHY DO WE HAVE TO TOLERATE BEING CALLED NAMES AND RACIST ABUSE AND CONSTANTLY BEING TURNT AWAY FROM PLACES JUST BECAUSE OF OUR CULTURE
    THIS NEEDS TO STOP WERE HUMAN BEINGS JUST LIKE ALL THESE OTHER CREEDS AND CULTURES , SO WERE ASKING FOR AS MANY TRAVLERS AS POSSIBLE IN DUBLIN ON THE 2nd OF DECEMBER AND ITS TIME TO ACT NOW ITS TIME YOU ALL DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT”

That deserved a very long sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Odelay

“WERE ASKING FOR AS MANY TRAVLERS AS POSSIBLE IN DUBLIN ON THE 2nd OF DECEMBER”

Christ, they’ll have to shut the place down. The run up to Christmas and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭vonlars

PADDY DOHERTY AND MYSELF ARE CURRENTLY ORGANISING A PROTEST MARCH AGAINST Mr PETER CASEY AND ALSO WE WANT TO GET IT THROUGH TO WHOEVER THAT IT MAY CONCERN THAT TRAVLERS WANT TO BE MADE AN ETHNIC GROUP OF SETTLED PEOPLE THROUGH LAW , WERE NO DIFFERENT THEN MUSLIMS , ASIANS OR BLACKS OR AFRO OR CARIBBEAN OR WHATEVER CREED OR CULTURE THERE IS OUT THERE AND PUBLIC OR AS WE SAY COUNTRY PEOPLE CAN’T BE ABUSIVE OR DISCRIMINATING AGAINST THEM SO WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE BE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST OUR TRAVLER COMMUNITY , ITS NO GOOD HAVING ONE LAW FOR ONE COMMUNITY AND NOTHING FOR ANOTHER AND WE WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO TRAVLERS AND MAKE OUR COMMUNITY A ETHNIC GROUP OF PEOPLE THROUGH LAW , AND IM NOT BEING RACIST WHAT IM GOING TO SAY NOW BUT IF WE OR ANYONE ELSE CALLED A MEMBER FROM THE BLACK COMMUNITY A NAME OR CALLED SOMEONE A PAKI OR ANYTHING ELSE WE WOULD GET ARRESTED FOR THAT SO WHY DO WE HAVE TO TOLERATE BEING CALLED NAMES AND RACIST ABUSE AND CONSTANTLY BEING TURNT AWAY FROM PLACES JUST BECAUSE OF OUR CULTURE

I wish travellers would take the time to at least learn how to spell 'travellers'.

And wanted to be seen as a 'settled ethnic minority'? The irony :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Stay as far away from Dublin on that day as humanly possible. That is going to be a big disaster.
    CONSTANTLY BEING TURNT AWAY FROM PLACES JUST BECAUSE OF OUR CULTURE

Such absolute nonsense. They are "turnt" away because they have zero manners and destroy every pub or hotel they are let into. That's not racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Odelay wrote: »

I believe all the pubs and hotels have private parties that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Odelay wrote: »

Better lock up the shops so!

Can we nuke Dublin on the 2nd?

Can we nuke Dublin on the 2nd?

A nuke might be a bit harsh, but I'd like to see the long-term economic workings all the same, just for curiosity like.

Gravelly wrote: »
    A nuke might be a bit harsh, but I'd like to see the long-term economic workings all the same, just for curiosity like.

The government would have an awful lot of extra money all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

"One law for one community and nothing for another"?

So they do see themselves as outside of the laws that govern the rest of us. There it is in black and white. Am I still allowed to use that phrase? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Seriously though, what exactly is this traveller culture I hear so much about?

I aspire to being cultured, could their culture be for me too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

The culture of inter-family brawling at First Holy Communions, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,238 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Sorry what do you mean by why? Because they are like a foreign nation in many ways. Would you eg ask French people to stop being French? To change eg food, language?

At present the attitudes expressed are exacerbating the situation. Travellers are never going to conform to ordinary Irish standards. It is not in their ... culture.. to do so. Not in their makeup. That was why the govt(?) statement was made about them being a different culture etc.

sorry; too weary and in pain to say more as some of you are jumping on me and I need all my wits to repsond. properly

but I have never written a dishonest post; terrible thing to accuse of.

But clesarly the current attitide is getting nowhere. They will never conform as you are seeking.

blessings and peace

I am happy to ask Africans to remove Female Genital Mutilation from their culture. Would you just prefer that I don't call for this anymore?

I am also happy to ask Muslims to change their culture to treat women better. Would you just prefer that the current treatment of women in Islamic countries just be accepted?

I have similar asks of Traveller culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

D1ckheads

Noveight wrote: »
    The culture of inter-family brawling at First Holy Communions, that is.

Hilarious - wrecking pubs, fighting with slash hooks, and setting up fake compo claims for "falls" is classed as "culture" with them. The sense of entitlement is off the scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Hilarious - wrecking pubs, fighting with slash hooks, and setting up fake compo claims for "falls" is classed as "culture" with them. The sense of entitlement is off the scale.

There’s an “accounting” coming. A man, a relative unknown in political circles, recently made a quite reasonable statement criticizing the approach taken by a certain ethnicity to housing. Just over a week later those of us with a keener sense of reason voted in our droves for this man to be president. I’m quite happy with the job RTE and msm are doing. The worm has turned and we’re seeing it at the ballot box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭malinheader

There’s an “accounting” coming. A man, a relative unknown in political circles, recently made a quite reasonable statement criticizing the approach taken by a certain ethnicity to housing. Just over a week later those of us with a keener sense of reason voted in our droves for this man to be president. I’m quite happy with the job RTE and msm are doing. The worm has turned and we’re seeing it at the ballot box.

Hope you're right. But if Europe and most of our politicians get there way I fear the respectable, law abiding irish citizens will become the ethnic minority. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sorry what do you mean by why? Because they are like a foreign nation in many ways. Would you eg ask French people to stop being French? To change eg food, language?

At present the attitudes expressed are exacerbating the situation. Travellers are never going to conform to ordinary Irish standards. It is not in their ... culture.. to do so. Not in their makeup. That was why the govt(?) statement was made about them being a different culture etc.

They once had a culture. Travel around as tinkers and pick up metal repair work from farmers and also good at handling horses. They had a good relationship with farmers as they were dirt poor and needed the work. But they many/most in Ireland were poor too. It isn't that long ago, 1950's even and later. Tinker wasn't a dirty word either

Somewhere along the way the horse and trap turned into a high spec non taxed British reg 4x4 and from depending on farmers for work the farmers now fear them.

You are dreaming of a distant past Grace and one that is never coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Is the, Paddy Doherty, who is organizing this march in Dublin, the lad from Gypsy Wedding, if it is ,he must be trying to raise his profile here, as his, and his family's star is falling rapidly with the UK public.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

The day of the Euro 2020 draw in the city. Fantastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

ITS NO GOOD HAVING ONE LAW FOR ONE COMMUNITY AND NOTHING FOR ANOTHER

Finally, something we can agree on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I believe all the pubs and hotels have private parties that day.
    Youghal managed to shut down a few years ago when word of a possible traveller wedding party setting its sights on the town got out.

Bars, clubs, restaurants, hotels - all shut their doors for the day. A Saturday in early summer. Imagine, a seaside town dependent on hospitality (especially since Youghal Carpets and Kodak closed) losing a day's trade on the busiest day of the week at the busiest time of year?

Could only be bigotry!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Youghal managed to shut down a few years ago when word of a possible traveller wedding party setting its sights on the town got out.

Bars, clubs, restaurants, hotels - all shut their doors for the day. A Saturday in early summer. Imagine, a seaside town dependent on hospitality (especially since Youghal Carpets and Kodak closed) losing a day's trade on the busiest day of the week at the busiest time of year?

Could only be bigotry!

All the pubs near the home of traveller crime boss Andy Connors had chains on their doors during his funeral

dan1895 wrote: »
    The day of the Euro 2020 draw in the city. Fantastic stuff.

Shur they'll probably have a football team next..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Should do a father Ted and take the roads in......

Oh jebus I hope I'm not working that day.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement