Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 snughums0611

I got a job offer mid July and finally started last week, 30th October!

I received a job offer on 17 October. My documents were all submitted this week. How much longer for contract / start date, do you know. What took 2 months for you?[/quote]

Has anyone heard anything from the Kerry panel? There were three expression of interest emails in the first week or so and that was it.

In July I applied for an admin job through an agency, when I got to interview they told me that they were creating a panel for HSE grade III clerical officers- which I found strange as there had just been a competition.

In August another recruitment company got in touch with me re an interview for clerical position within the HSE. Went for it and it was another panel for grade III clerical officers.

I'm on all of them, but heard nothing. Were there even jobs?? There were so many at the interviews..

I've received a few job offers but all were taken by candidates higher on the panel. Was offered a job in July and started last week. There's very few jobs being offered considering the amount of people on the panel.

how long would it take approx then from the time they contact your employer looking for a reference, and the time you actually start? I would definately have to give at least one months notice!!!

They told me end of august they were contacting my current employer, I finally started last week (30th October)!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mersie

I got a job offer mid July and finally started last week, 30th October!

I received a job offer on 17 October. My documents were all submitted this week. How much longer for contract / start date, do you know. What took 2 months for you?
    [/quote]

When did you have to have all your paper work in for? Is it a fixed term position ? How's it going so far

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

I've received a few job offers but all were taken by candidates higher on the panel. Was offered a job in July and started last week. There's very few jobs being offered considering the amount of people on the panel.

That's great news snughums0611, is this in Kerry? I'm still waiting to hear anything, not many job offers but I presume they go to the first 30 on the panel. Two jobs offered in Kerry today both part time but permanent, special conditions attached to both by way of Dictaphone typing. These 2 jobs had previously been sent to the first 30 on the panel only, but have now opened up to at least in the 70's. What number were you roughly if you don't mind me asking,,, just trying to figure out how many still ahead of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 laura911

Hi I’m after getting an offer for a job, I’m currently in the civil service but the new job is near where i live, where as I currently drive a hour to and from work, my question is if I was to take the new job will my service and increments carry over does anyone know? It’s the main thing holding me back from jumping ship

dorbrogra wrote: »
    That's great news snughums0611, is this in Kerry? I'm still waiting to hear anything, not many job offers but I presume they go to the first 30 on the panel. Two jobs offered in Kerry today both part time but permanent, special conditions attached to both by way of Dictaphone typing. These 2 jobs had previously been sent to the first 30 on the panel only, but have now opened up to at least in the 70's. What number were you roughly if you don't mind me asking,,, just trying to figure out how many still ahead of me.

Hi, yep in Kerry. It's a 6 month contract with a longer contract possible. I love it so far, very intense but never boring which is great! Saw the two jobs today, the hours aren't full time which would stop me applying to be honest. I'm number 46 on the panel so obviously still a lot ahead of me on the panel that haven't taken up jobs yet.

mersie wrote: »

When did you have to have all your paper work in for? Is it a fixed term position ? How's it going so far[/quote]

I had a couple of weeks to have the paperwork in so sometime early in September. The job is a 6 month contract with a longer contract hopeful. Job is going great so far, a lot to get used to but very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

In regards to having documents notarised, will a photocopy surfice or do you need to use the original?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jojo18

JJayoo wrote: »
    In regards to having documents notarised, will a photocopy surfice or do you need to use the original?
    You bring the originals too, they check originals and stamp the copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

The Hse will recognise your service so if you are moving from clerical officer in the civil service to clerical officer in the Hse you will transfer over on the same point so for example if you have 3 yrs and 6 months you will be place on the 4 th point of the salary scale and you will get an increment in 6 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 raymondc310

Guys just wondering is anyone working as a CO in the clinical administration department in any hospital im looking for info about this post as there is one available to me !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stella102

I was looking through the last few posts and wondering if you apply for a position and only have 2 references on the original application, will it make you unsuitable for the role?

I have been sent a Pre-placement health assessment form and the quality of the form is so bad that I can barely read it. It's the first page I need to attach to another document before posting back.

It's as if they left a form outside in the rain for a year and then scanned it, I honestly can't read it. Is this the norm? Or have they sent me the wrong document?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Liz39

I have been sent a Pre-placement health assessment form and the quality of the form is so bad that I can barely read it. It's the first page I need to attach to another document before posting back.

It's as if they left a form outside in the rain for a year and then scanned it, I honestly can't read it. Is this the norm? Or have they sent me the wrong document?

LOL definitely the norm! I had to ring and ask what did the questions say as I couldn’t make it out! It is shocking, it wouldn’t take much to do out a proper one

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shortlady

I on the Donegal panel and i have just been sent expression of interest for 2 X whole time equivalent for Sligo University Hospital. Said in the email they could not be filled from the Sligo/ Leitrim panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Do you know roughly how many expressions of interest have been sent to candidates in Kerry, just wondering how far down the list they've gone. I'm late 60's so probably haven't a hope in hell of getting placed before panel expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

shortlady wrote:
    I on the Donegal panel and i have just been sent expression of interest for 2 X whole time equivalent for Sligo University Hospital. Said in the email they could not be filled from the Sligo/ Leitrim panel.

I sent you a pm. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Hiya guys

I am into the pre-clearance stage and am just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what exactly a clerical officer does.

Now obviously I know the role would vary in different sectors, but are there any general things that perhaps I could be familiarising myself with such as different Microsoft office packages?

Or is there always a training period? Getting a bit anxious and want to be prepared as best I can.

Thank you for any feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭OrangeBadger

One further question.

I have been sent a 'verification of service template' without any explanation as to how to fill it out. Is it for all previous employment or only for previous posts within the HSE

• Advertisement

So many fcuking hoops, they are asking me for a reference from a job I had 14 years ago, so I have to find out if the lady, who was old back then, is still alive then tell her to set up an email address so I can email her a form to fill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tonzboher

So many fcuking hoops, they are asking me for a reference from a job I had 14 years ago, so I have to find out if the lady, who was old back then, is still alive then tell her to set up an email address so I can email her a form to fill out.

when i was going through that stage i just rang them with any questions like that and they were sound enough, i had to go looking for other references alright due to having worked in the family business at home and they wouldn't accept family members as references

Hiya guys

I am into the pre-clearance stage and am just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what exactly a clerical officer does.

Now obviously I know the role would vary in different sectors, but are there any general things that perhaps I could be familiarising myself with such as different Microsoft office packages?

Or is there always a training period? Getting a bit anxious and want to be prepared as best I can.

Thank you for any feedback

i had no idea what i was going to be doing when i started my position back in august, and to be fair there was good training provided. i didnt do any preparation before i started but i would be reasonably handy enough with computers anyway, no acourse it all depends on where your going to be working too, i am lucky in that i got a position in the business side of the HSE and dont deal with Members of the public

• Registered Users Posts: 18 usename18

Anyone know what's on the reference form?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stella102

2 Permanent jobs posted for Naas in Kildare panel

Can't find my birth certificate, house has been torn apart.

So I will have to pay 20 euro fee to the HSE to get a new copy of my birth certificate so I can notarize it and then send it off to the HSE recruiters to prove that I was born.

The HSE is an efficient process.

I'm just waiting on occupational health clearance and end of garda vetting. My current job is being advertised and they are interviewing this week!!!! I don't have my start date for HSE, I'm in a panic. Can anyone advise if it's much longer till I start

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

Jojo18 wrote:
    I'm just waiting on occupational health clearance and end of garda vetting. My current job is being advertised and they are interviewing this week!!!! I don't have my start date for HSE, I'm in a panic. Can anyone advise if it's much longer till I start

I was offered in July and only got a start date for November.

Jojo18 wrote: »

Why is your current job after being advertised? have you told your current employers that your leaving? if you have told them, you shouldn't have until the HSE tell you that they are going to contact your current employer for a reference, until that point you should have said nothing because it could be another month or 2 before you start with the HSE

• Advertisement

tonzboher wrote: »
    Jojo18 wrote: »

Why is your current job after being advertised? have you told your current employers that your leaving? if you have told them, you shouldn't have until the HSE tell you that they are going to contact your current employer for a reference, until that point you should have said nothing because it could be another month or 2 before you start with the HSE
    They contacted my current employer already. Same week I had to get all notarised documents done. I chased up my previous employer references and they rang my manager. I haven't officially given a leave date but they know I'm leaving. It's a terrible situation now.

Advertisement