Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jojo18

nl2803 wrote: »
    Jojo18 wrote:
    That's fantastic, congrats again. I was offered the job last week and health declaration forms were sent today. Hopefully it's quick

Where did you get placed. Did u get a start day yet
    Dundalk louth. No date yet. Need to do garda vetting and references checked. Dunno how long it will take

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

Jojo18 wrote:
    Dundalk louth. No date yet. Need to do garda vetting and references checked. Dunno how long it will take

Congrats, getting the offer is the hardest, I was offered in July and starting on the 12th Nov in Sligo, best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tinaboo

Hi, Did anyone on the Donegal Panel get an expression of interest for Specified Purpose x 3 that was not filled on Sligo/Leitrim Panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tonzboher

Received my contract in the post last Friday, does anyone know how many annual leave holidays you get, my contract says 28.5 which seems a lot. Thanks

I got 26 days a year on my contract when i started

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

tonzboher wrote: »
    I got 26 days a year on my contract when i started

A clerical officer starting in the hse is entitled to 24 days and then in some areas you get extra it goes back to the old health board days and concession days. So for someone starting in the north west they have an entitlement of 28. 5 days. Not sure on what’s the entitlement in other areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Agrnt

Got a job offer few weeks ago and sent in all the documents. Have problem with current employer. Their policy says not confirming references while I'm still employed. And cannot hand in notice as haven't got a start date yet. Anyone has idea what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Agrnt wrote: »
    Got a job offer few weeks ago and sent in all the documents. Have problem with current employer. Their policy says not confirming references while I'm still employed. And cannot hand in notice as haven't got a start date yet. Anyone has idea what to do?

I had a similar problem with a reference from my last job. But they gave me a letter with the dates I started and finished and the HSE accepted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Agrnt

I had a similar problem with a reference from my last job. But they gave me a letter with the dates I started and finished and the HSE accepted that.

I hope that will work. I sent them the letter already. My current employer is very stubborn. But also bit surprised HSE asking for reference check from current employer before me giving notice. Thanks PinkLady2016

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stella102

Anyone heard for the Kildare/West Wicklow panel recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Misskatie

stella102 wrote: »
    Anyone heard for the Kildare/West Wicklow panel recently?

No I received 3 expression of interest since May. Havnt heard anything in a good while now. How about you? Moving extremely slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 stella102

Misskatie wrote: »
    No I received 3 expression of interest since May. Havnt heard anything in a good while now. How about you? Moving extremely slow

No nothing since July.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

Has anyone heard anything from the Kerry panel? There were three expression of interest emails in the first week or so and that was it.

In July I applied for an admin job through an agency, when I got to interview they told me that they were creating a panel for HSE grade III clerical officers- which I found strange as there had just been a competition.

In August another recruitment company got in touch with me re an interview for clerical position within the HSE. Went for it and it was another panel for grade III clerical officers.

I'm on all of them, but heard nothing. Were there even jobs?? There were so many at the interviews..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Skarlett Black

Molly2016 wrote: »
    I accepted a permanent post in cork started in January so far so good. There was a recruitment embargo but a lot of staff taken on through the medical secretarial course recently. They come in on work experience but they are kept on then afterwards. So the hse is taking on staff but they are not coming in through the panels they are coming in through work experience and courses

Thats exactly it, I'm on three different HSE grade 3 panels with HBS, CPL and another.

It seems like every medical secretary in the county comes for work experience and gets kept on... I have no idea why there even are panels... There were two positions in my former workplace offered as expressions of interest from HBS but those posts were filled without using the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hhghdghgdjhhg

1tsme wrote: »
    Still nothing in Longford/Westmeath. Absolutely infuriating! I got 3 expressions of interest in a row this afternoon from Laois/Offaly. I reckon that's over 20 now for that area.

I agree with you fully 1tsme. Absolutely infuriating and many other words I’d use to describe it, what I don’t get is why they even made these panels for Longford/Westmeath at all, Its seems that some if not most of the temporary clerical officers in mostly Westmeath are been made permanent out of their temporary positions and have never been on the panel that was set up at the start of this year. I believe there is many positions available in Westmeath to be filled that should be taken from the panel that HBS just did at the start of this year. I have not heard anything from Longford/Westmeath as of yet. As for Laois/Offaly, Offaly panel is moving a bit but not quick enough for the length of time it went live, again I say similar situation with regards to temporary that are not on the panel when it first started back in November 2017 are been made permanent. So I can’t see myself been called anytime soon if this is the case.

How long from when you send all your documents to when you receive your contract? Does garda vetting take long? Just working out my time frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Received my contract in the post last Friday, does anyone know how many annual leave holidays you get, my contract says 28.5 which seems a lot. Thanks
    That seems crazy I'm temporary and I'm on 26. The permanent contracts start at 25 so I'm not sure why it's not all standard. Are you temporary or permanent?

Treatycat wrote: »
    That seems crazy I'm temporary and I'm on 26. The permanent contracts start at 25 so I'm not sure why it's not all standard. Are you temporary or permanent?
    How long do you have to return your contract. Do you have much time between receiving the contracts and your start date? I'm just wondering how much notice you can give in current job

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StrikeHurls

Hi there anybody know what or how much deductions are taken from gross income for pensions etc grade 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

Hi there anybody know what or how much deductions are taken from gross income for pensions etc grade 3?

Hi there, at grade 1 on the scale for grade 3 u get approx €760 after deductions every fortnight. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StrikeHurls

farmgirl1 wrote: »
    Hi there, at grade 1 on the scale for grade 3 u get approx €760 after deductions every fortnight. Hope this helps

Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

Can I just ask those who have been offered jobs and who are waiting to get their documents etc in order, do you actually know at the time of being offered a job early on, where exactly in your county you are being placed? For example, some here have said that they were offered a job and didn't actually start until a few months later by the time they got their garda vetting etc sorted. So come the time you are ready to start, will you know where exactly you are starting at the time you have been offered the job or could you be placed anywhere within your county at the time of actually starting? So if say I'm offered a job now in my local hospital and then, lets say, come February, I have all my documents etc together and I am ready to start, can they say 'we are now placing you in 'said' clinic' which is miles away? Hope I don't sound confusing in what I am trying to ask?

Can I just ask those who have been offered jobs and who are waiting to get their documents etc in order, do you actually know at the time of being offered a job early on, where exactly in your county you are being placed? For example, some here have said that they were offered a job and didn't actually start until a few months later by the time they got their garda vetting etc sorted. So come the time you are ready to start, will you know where exactly you are starting at the time you have been offered the job or could you be placed anywhere within your county at the time of actually starting? So if say I'm offered a job now in my local hospital and then, lets say, come February, I have all my documents etc together and I am ready to start, can they say 'we are now placing you in 'said' clinic' which is miles away? Hope I don't sound confusing in what I am trying to ask?

I was offered a specific position / role / address in my county. It doesn't change. I've submitted all documents and just waiting on garda vetting link

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Liz39

Hi I’m not sure if this answers your question but you express interest in your chosen job and then if you get it, it is yours pending the completion of all documentation. Mine took 2 months to come through I think it took so long due to clearance from abroad and a back log in HBS. But the job I expressed an interest in is the job that job that I got(it didn’t change while waiting on documentation) is that what you want to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

Liz39 wrote: »
    Hi I’m not sure if this answers your question but you express interest in your chosen job and then if you get it, it is yours pending the completion of all documentation. Mine took 2 months to come through I think it took so long due to clearance from abroad and a back log in HBS. But the job I expressed an interest in is the job that job that I got(it didn’t change while waiting on documentation) is that what you want to know?

That's what I wanted to know alright. Thanks for your reply. I wonder has it ever happened though - that a person was offered a position in a certain place and it changed when pending paperwork was complete? Just wondering is it a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Liz39

That's what I wanted to know alright. Thanks for your reply. I wonder has it ever happened though - that a person was offered a position in a certain place and it changed when pending paperwork was complete? Just wondering is it a possibility?

No bother 😊 I could be wrong but I doubt it, I really don’t think they would be allowed to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 18 usename18

Can I ask, what kind of documents do you have to submit?

Jojo18 wrote: »
    I was offered a specific position / role / address in my county. It doesn't change. I've submitted all documents and just waiting on garda vetting link

usename18 wrote: »

Copies of birth cert, marriage cert, passport, qualifications. They were stamped by the guards

• Registered Users Posts: 18 usename18

Thanks. Anything to do with past employers?
    I ask, as one of mine has gone out of business and left the country.
    He was a couple of jobs ago, but I know he'd be a nightmare to find!
    Copies of birth cert, marriage cert, passport, qualifications. They were stamped by the guards

Liz39 wrote: »

I received a job offer on 17 October. My documents were all submitted this week. How much longer for contract / start date, do you know. What took 2 months for you?

• Advertisement

Thanks. Anything to do with past employers?
    I ask, as one of mine has gone out of business and left the country.
    He was a couple of jobs ago, but I know he'd be a nightmare to find!
    Yes my three references were included, I had to forward the forms onto each previous employer and ask them to complete and return

Advertisement