Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CloudyToday

Hi I got place in low 70's on the panel for Wexford. Is there hope of a job or is it a lost cause for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MEME2018

Jojo18 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting on occupational health clearance and end of garda vetting. My current job is being advertised and they are interviewing this week!!!! I don't have my start date for HSE, I'm in a panic. Can anyone advise if it's much longer till I start

What is on the occupational health form?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 beanqueen

MEME2018 wrote: »
    What is on the occupational health form?

If I remember correctly, I was asked how many days sick leave I had taken in my current job and the reason why. The nurse gave me a ring the week following up on the form and then said she'd be recommending me for employment. You need a medical once you start in the new position and you also have to provide your childhood vaccination records. Hope that's helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bettyblaa

Does anyone know what number they are at in Waterford? Got expression of interest today, how many on panel get offered this at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Are people waiting for permanent contracts or are people going for temporary contracts as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi Anyone know how many were placed from the Clare panel already? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Hi Anyone know how many were placed from the Clare panel already? Tia

Very few i think, very annoying to have interviewed so many people for so few positions

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Paperina

Bettyblaa wrote: »
    Does anyone know what number they are at in Waterford? Got expression of interest today, how many on panel get offered this at once?

I am in the 50’s and I also got expression of interest.
    What is the expected rate of pay? Will there be yearly pay rises? I know I read this ages ago but I can’t remember

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ireland2015

Has anybody heard anything on North Tipperary? This has been such a long & hard campaign. Very little jobs being offered 😔 What does everybody think?

Between doing the exam, filling out the Application and then Interview, to get nothing out of it all.

Hi all. Anyone working on specified contract? I have few questions, any help much appreciated 😊How long pre-employment process took? And was it full medical, reference and garda vetting? Also while on specified contract do you still get expression of interest for permanent - like it should be? Tia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Has anybody heard anything on North Tipperary? This has been such a long & hard campaign. Very little jobs being offered 😔 What does everybody think?

Between doing the exam, filling out the Application and then Interview, to get nothing out of it all.

Two fulltime positions where offered i think it was Sept or Oct. Both in council offices in Nenagh. Nothing since. Ridiculous the amount of time and money spent interviewing all those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neety

Got expression of interest yesterday, 3 full time positions at wexford general and 1 part time position.

• Administrators Posts: 13,809 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I only recently got the competency based assessment application to fill in for my area, having scored in the 93rd percentile (I think) back in 2017. I had assumed at this stage the 2017 competition would have been long forgotten what with it now being 2019!

Would that be normal? And what should I expect now that I've sent that part of the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

neety wrote: »
    Got expression of interest yesterday, 3 full time positions at wexford general and 1 part time position.

I think I would actually love part time! What are the hours and is the rate of pay the same as a full time employee? If you start at part time, is it difficult to change to a full time position later on down the line does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shortlady

Any movement on the Donegal panel??

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neety

I think I would actually love part time! What are the hours and is the rate of pay the same as a full time employee? If you start at part time, is it difficult to change to a full time position later on down the line does anyone know?

Got email today stating that the part time post has been cancelled!!

Can anyone tell me what the rate of pay is for a full time ward clerk?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

neety wrote: »
    Got email today stating that the part time post has been cancelled!!

I also go an email to say an expression of interest that I got on Friday had now been cancelled!!! Wonder what is going on?:confused:

Hi I just wonder what documentation are required if you are applying for specified contract? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mollycam

Well done Snughums on landing the job and hope you still happy there! curious to know what computer expertise you need? Im on a panel & hoping to return to work after been off for a few years. Worried that I have fallen behind on the computer side of things? Thinking of signing up for some night time classes just to be on safe side...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 JanBrady80

Does anyone know how far along the panel they are in South Tipperary

Was there any expression of interest for the Clare panel lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

For anyone interested in Kerry update, from what I can gather from speaking to HBS today only 11 have been placed since the panel went live. That's 15 months and only 11 jobs. What a complete waste of time.

I only recently got my competency based assessment form for Waterford. Have any positions been filled ijn Waterford since 2017? 19 months since applying. Scored in the 90s percentile wise in the initial assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shortlady

Has the panel come to a standstill in Donegal??

I only recently got my competency based assessment form for Waterford. Have any positions been filled ijn Waterford since 2017? 19 months since applying. Scored in the 90s percentile wise in the initial assessment.

Interviews for Waterford were done in the Viking Hotel last May, I have been sent many expression of interest since. So I imagine lots of these positions have been filled. I was in the 50’s based on my interview and was recently offered a position but I didn’t accept as it was part time.

Hi just wondering. How likely is it to become permanent if you accept specified purpose contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deborah73

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Was there any expression of interest for the Clare panel lately?

I got an expression of interest this evening for Clare. This is the first Clare one I've received. So hopefully the Clare panel will get moving now

Paperina wrote: »
    Interviews for Waterford were done in the Viking Hotel last May, I have been sent many expression of interest since. So I imagine lots of these positions have been filled. I was in the 50’s based on my interview and was recently offered a position but I didn’t accept as it was part time.

I was never even called for interview. I scored in the 90s percentile wise for the initial assessment that I filled in back in Sept/Oct 2017 whenever it was. As in, I performed better than 94 percent of applicants or something at that stage. I only got the competency based assessment form to fill in in January of this year and still have heard nothing from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,064 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Paperina wrote: »
    Just to clarify.. It was an expression of interest you would have been offered. A few people are sent those.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement