Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Paperina

Just to clarify.. It was an expression of interest you would have been offered. A few people are sent those.

Yes, I have been sent many expression of interest in the last year. I was then offered a position as I was next on the panel, unfortunately though it was for part time and I am only interested in full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shivers11

Just wondering if anyone knows how long the process takes from pre-employment clearance to getting a start date. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MEME2018

What does a medical involve where do you go for one

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

shivers11 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows how long the process takes from pre-employment clearance to getting a start date. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi I was told that after all paperwork completed and garda vetting through I will be waiting up to 6 weeks for someone from the contracting team to contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Liz39

Mine took just over 2 months

• Advertisement

MEME2018 wrote: »
    What does a medical involve where do you go for one

You’re sent to your nearest occupational health dept. You fill out a form before hand to disclose any medical conditions you have and then go for an apt to go over that form and do an eye test. Depending on the role you may be offered vaccines but I think thats really only if you are going to work in A&E

Hi can anyone tell more about the contracting stage? How long from the moment contracting team contact you to start date? Can you choose a start date? Tia
    ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dd123456

Does anyone know how long the panel lasts I am on the Louth panel at first there were quite a few specified purpose jobs but they have virtually dried up now. Was really hoping for a permanent job but looks less and less likely. I can not believe the money that HSE must have spent on this campaign when there are so few jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

Just see the government have placed a 3 month recruitment freeze within the HSE to help cut financial costs. I guess that’s that then 🙄
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/0407/1041203-hse-recruitment-freeze/

Last week a Nationwide HSE Tusla Clerical Officer Recruitment Campaign was announced so I think that the panel is coming to a close.

• Advertisement

Last week a Nationwide HSE Tusla Clerical Officer Recruitment Campaign was announced so I think that the panel is coming to a close.

Could you tell me where was that advertised???

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Could you tell me where was that advertised???

It was on jobalerts.ie. I think there has also been a New thread opened for the new campaign.

Anyone awaiting on start date??? I was supposed to be contacted last week with start date and still nothing. Just wondering if this is normal for the HSE or would it have something to do with recruitment freeze.???

I'm still waiting on my start date too. All my documents were only submitted last Monday. I have seen further back on this forum I think that it can take 2 weeks or so to get your start date. I don't think that recruitment freeze will apply to us- hopefully not anyway. I googled it and seemingly it only applies if hospitals haven't outlined their budget plans for 2019 or have been really over spending. I must try and read up more about it today.

I'm still waiting on my start date too. All my documents were only submitted last Monday. I have seen further back on this forum I think that it can take 2 weeks or so to get your start date. I don't think that recruitment freeze will apply to us- hopefully not anyway. I googled it and seemingly it only applies if hospitals haven't outlined their budget plans for 2019 or have been really over spending. I must try and read up more about it today.

I checked with hse recruitment they said they haven’t been given any direction. I also checked with union and they said nothing has been enforced yet and it was just a proposal that was leaked so I think it is ok for now

To all awaiting start date or contract I was just told by the HBS that we are on the freeze. They don't know for how long. Omg

Hi, I emailed HBS also today. They said jobs are on hold due to temporary freeze. I wouldn't worry just yet. I'd say the jobs we have been offered will still be there. They are just awaiting clarification. I'm not going to panic just yet. It is an awful situation to be in though as they spoke with my current employer on Monday last for a reference. I work in a small company of 15 employees and I wonder if the relationship with my employer will ever be the same if the HSE job falls through.

Hi anyone here heard anything from HBS lately? Are they still on the freeze or are they going forward with the contracts? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Paperina

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Hi anyone here heard anything from HBS lately? Are they still on the freeze or are they going forward with the contracts? Tia

Hi Tia, I spoke to someone last week, they told me they too were waiting for advice from their bosses. They said they would send out an email within a few days but I still haven’t heard anything. I had just got to the finishing stages of the seemingly endless recruitment process so now I’m left in limbo :( At least I didn’t hand in my notice at my current job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Littleme1

I heard from them yesterday ‘ All posts have been put on hold until further notice, we are waiting on further information before we can proceed with any files. Please do not hand in your notice. ‘

Really glad I never said anything to my current employer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Rootsblower

In Wexford general hospital I heard that management are converting some of the agency staff to temporary HSE staff and not taking from the established panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

All panel recruitment has stopped across the board as per meeting today in work. Not sure on agency staff if this will continue or not but definitely any specificity purpose or permanent posts are all frozen until further notice. Doesn’t look good at all!

We have 5 posts vacant for the past year and had people from the panel ready to go and now they all got pulled. Embargo until further notice (3 months but they are not guaranteed it will be only 3 months could/probably will be longer).

From the meeting we were told this cover allied health professionals, admin etc we were all shocked I’m surprised the media haven’t picked up on this more with all the waiting lists in both hospitals and primary care services

Hi, Does anyone know what happens to the positions that we have undergone pre employment clearance for and we're just waiting to be given a start date. Will the job still be ours once the recruitment freeze has been lifted?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tonzboher

Hi, Does anyone know what happens to the positions that we have undergone pre employment clearance for and we're just waiting to be given a start date. Will the job still be ours once the recruitment freeze has been lifted?

i think any job position that's well into the process should be ok, so i've been told.

Hi anyone know how many permanent positions have been filled in Clare? Just wondering how far down the panel are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tones67

I know someone who just started in Clare. Also I have been invited to submit CBA form for Clare for HSE Asst Staff Officer. It is to be available this Friday.. nearly 2 years since I did online assessment

Hi anyone here from top 10 Clare panel???

Hi any movement on the panel or is it all on the freeze???

Hi any movement??? Anyone???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 zumzee

Hi. I contacted recruitment last week. Email said they had no further updates but strict controls still in place. I was advised to contact line manager for the position, they had no update either. It is a waiting game. Frustrating

Advertisement